The Big Four Prediction League

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by bosna10, Jul 26, 2012.

1. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I want to see who's interested. We can wait till late August early September if it works better for some of you who are on vacation.

Process:

We have a draft where we choose 16 players(i'll post a list) from some of the top teams in the top 4 leagues (EPL, LA LIGA, SERIE A, BUNDESLIGA)

The Cap every GM would have would be set around $120,000,000.

We can decide draft order by picking numbers or just assigning based on where we finished in the Euro 2012 Prediction League.

Each game day you'd choose your starting 11 and would predict the scores on that day. You'd get points for score prediction as well as player points.

Point system is as follows:
    Score Prediction
    win = 0.5 pt
    tie = 1 pts
    exact score = 1.5 pts

Player Points

clean sheet = 0.5 pt
    striker = 0.5 pt
    midfielder = 1 pt
    defender = 1.5 pts

The first 15 games i'd make it that we're battling to get into Champions League (half of teams get in). The other half we can make it a Europa League format so they can have some fun too.

Any questions and/or suggestions are welcome and also post here saying if you are interested in participating. Thanks.

2. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Isn't this kinda similar to the WorldWide Prediction League? I mainly take games from the Big Four Leagues...

3. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It might be similar but I thought yours was random games from all over? This is no random games...The games would only involve the teams participating (hence why the player points part comes in too). So let's say we have top 4 or 5 teams in the 4 top leagues..Only games involving at least 1 of those teams are included. No others. Since you'd have basically 16-20 games, spread over Saturday and Sunday (since those are mostly the days they play on) we can either play all at once or split into 2 days (whatever is easier for you guys). I haven't read that thread Worldwide Prediction in much detail Diamond..Do you basically have the same setup?..Are there player points as well?

4. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Anyways, mods, gives this about a week and if it doesn't work out, torch this thread. Thanks.

5. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I guess it is different. My setup is let's say you and I are in the league. Then there are random matchups every week, and let's say you and I get each other. That means whoever gets more predictions correct between us two gets three points. If we get the same amount of predictions correct, then we get one point each for a draw. We also have a CL, as well, and I thought I could give your league some CL spots. The only problem is difference in setup... We'll also have a EL next year, too.

6. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I very much like that setup in bold.

One part that i don't like is the random games from all over. I feel like if i'm going to predict it has to be on leagues i watch (and mostly people watch the top 4) so i actually know strenghts and weaknesses of players/teams. If it's like any team from any league i'm basically guessing and so i am not going to have much interest watching and researching about teams from crappier leagues.

I basically wanted to create something where we have both a player fantasy and score prediction league all in one and the above would accomplish that.

The only reason i brought this back up is because Respekt said it was a very good idea and he thinks(there were few others as well) there'd be more interest. I do realize you guys have multiple leagues going so i can understand if people dont want to be part of another.

7. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I was wondering if you guys thought we should limit everyone to one league? That way, come CL/EL time, there'd be rivalries ad stuff, and coeffients points could work better.

8. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Yeah I supported bosna10's idea a while ago on the Euro 2012 thread because I thought it'd be cool and a nice way of having the forum grow in popularity and activity.

But if there aren't enough people interested, it isn't a problem. I'll run a new league instead. Not quite similar to this, but everyone will be able to predict matches from competitions like Olympics, WC qualifiers, major leagues, CL/EL, etc.

9. TheUppercut

TheUppercut Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    im interested... the other league has like 8 ppl involved while we had like 16+ people for the euro competition

10. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm definitely interested. Count me in.

11. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Respekt, thought you were running the BiHPL?

12. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    WWPL had 12 invloved.

13. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Yes, I am but I will also be co-running this with bosna10 if there is enough interest.

14. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If this does become a league, I think we should have everyone stick to two leagues at most, it'd be easier to get coeff points together.

15. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Count me in as well.

16. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I like what i'm seeing guys..So far we have..
    bosna10
    Respekt
    Zeljo Fanatico
    Vitez
    TheUppercut
    Bosnian Diamond

We'll gun for 12 minimum...16 would be ideal imo.

17. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I guess I'm in still fuzzy on the setup but I'm too lazy to really read. I'll figure it out as I go along.

18. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It's ok i'll put more revised and detailed rules later and you can check it out.

19. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ok i'm done with some revisions and here is how it will look.

BIG FOUR PREDICTION LEAGUE - CAP LIMIT OF $70,000,000
    ==========================

DRAFT RULES/CAP LIMIT
    -----------------------

Draft order will be determined by random draw. Each manager will choose 1 player per round. The total number of players will be 12.
    Once you make your selection, state the player's position, name and his cap hit.
    Example.
    FW, Lionel Messi, $15,000,000 (List of all the players with salaries will be available here)

Each manager will have: 1 goalie, 3 defenders, 4 midfielders, 3 strikers, 1 extra at any position you choose.

At the end of round 12, add all your player's salaries and post your final list with total included.
    Keep in mind that you cannot go over the Cap limit of $70,000,000. If that happens, you will be given up to a week to make changes and get under the limit by making a trade or releasing someone and sign a new one from the market.

Manager who hasn't gotten his/her team at/under the Cap limit will have poins deducted. The following rules will take effect immediately after the draft.

Over cap limit penalty ( - 5 pts )

EACH DAY after this will be an additional 5 points lost(up to a week). After that you lose your spot.

PLAYING FORMAT/TEAMS CHOSEN/POINT SYSTEM
    =========================================

The following teams will be the main participants: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Athletico Madrid, Man City, Man United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Juventus, Lazio, Napoli, Inter Milan, AS Roma, Borrusia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Schalke, Vfb Stuttgart, Hannover.

Playing for the league title will involve just the first 16 games. After the 16 games, top half
    will move on to form a CL group while the bottom half will move on to battle in Europa League group. CL and Europa league games will be head to head and will involve 2 games vs each player as opposed to league games where you'll be trying to accumulate most points to finish top of the standings.

Each game day you will choose a starting lineup of: 1 goalie, 2 defenders, 3 midfielders, 2 strikers.

So because it may be confusing to some of you the games you will be predicting will be involving all the teams above and games they're playing. If it doesn't involve a team above (ex Bolton vs Stoke City) you won't be picking..simple as that.

The extra players are obviously in case of injuries and also to see how well you think in terms of when a player will become hot/cold. So as an example, you decide to sit
    Balotelli but in the real game he is starting. He scores 2 goals during the game. Unfortunately because you decided not to play him you don't get any points.

The following will be the point system given:

Player Points

Clean Sheet = 1 pt
    Assist(any player) = 1 pt
    Striker scores = 1 pt
    Midfielder scores = 2 pts
    Defender scores = 3 pts

Score Points

Win = 1 pt
    Tie = 2 pts
    Exact Score = 3 pts

Standings during the season will look like this...

Team.....PP....SP....TP
    Player1..15....10....25
    Player2..12....12....24
    Player3..10....10....20

TRADE/TRANSFER WINDOW
    ======================

There will be 2 instances in which trades and player acquisitions will be available. First date will be
    Aug 5th-Sept 10th, second will be Nov 10th-Dec 15th. You can talk to other managers and trade one of your players to their team but make sure you are under the Cap with that trade. If it makes you over the limit, you'll have up to a week to get under or be penalized as stated above.

Players will also be available via market. Remember your limit of 12 players. There will be a section
    for trades/transfers in which you and the other manager with whom you made the trade will be required to both confirm the deal that was made and post player's cap hits.

Bosnian Diamond repped this.
  20. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Now Respekt and i talked and we would like to get the draft portion going asap because with 12 rounds of picking it may take us awhile to get it all done and set our teams up.
    I'll see if i can get more people on this. Oh and in case it's not clear, the draft will be live right here on the forum. Once we're ready to go i'll set up a thread with all the players and salaries..I'll give you the order in which we'll pick and the first person will choose their first player and so on...

21. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I am also infavor of getting this going right away (the draft).

bosna10 repped this.
  22. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'll contact some people..The Euro 2012 tourney was very impressive as we had about 20 people from start and about 16 or so kept consistently playing which is quite good. Hopefully we'll get something similar here.

23. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Maybe you could tag every participant in this thread in one post to let them know the draft is coming, and then it's their turn to pick you could do this:

@x x x, it's your turn to pick.

bosna10 repped this.
  24. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Good idea BD. I sent a few of them messages(ones not on this thread yet) so i'll see if i get a response and so we'll know if there's more interest. It would be nice to start this with everyone here.

25. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    i might be in.