The best 11 of Central America of all times.

Discussion in 'Central America' started by FenoFutbol, Apr 16, 2007.

1. DCatracho17

DCatracho17 Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Chicago,USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Maybe he wasnt even trying, seriously after spending week after week of competitive and tiring matches of Serie A, Do you think Suazo would give his best against a mediocre ES NT on a friendly? Hell NO! The guy is focused on saving Cagliari from relegation, the man is focused on the goal at hand. Suazo plays against the best defenders in the World and doesnt have to prove to no Guanaco that he is good. Right now he has 13 goals, so what if they are penalties and just happens to be that he scored against the best goalkeepers in the world. So look FENO if you think that your trying to say that Suazo isnt great or whatever well my friend your an idiot....

2. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre

This has got to be the weakest talking point I've read on these boards. "My opinion counts more than yours because I suit up every weekend to play" :rolleyes:

3. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Antonio plays pro? For what team?

4. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    some where in spain 4th division

5. Goofy

Goofy Member

Jun 10, 2005
    support for oneself.
    And what about Byron Perez?

6. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006
    Debate of my life? naw bro I dont get caught up in this sh!t to much now I got other things to do like work and school so dont get it twisted. Um Ive stated my arguement your the one that apparently seems to be taking this to serious maybe you need to find something else better to do then to hate.

Um my arguement that SERIE B is a very competitive league is because theres a common denominator here BRAZIL, ARGENTINA AND ITALY have all won WORLD CUPS so all these countries have to have good structures from top to bottom in there leagues I would imagine . Besides its no secret that most players want to play in EUROPE more competive leagues and more money

Suazo has already done things no other Central American has done so hes proven his skills, and hes got plenty of time to show more. I guess you didnt take a glance at the video huh? , argueing with you is like beating a dead horse so Im not gona waste my time.

7. latinpapiincharlotte

Apr 24, 2006

Thats some good footage, yeah Ruiz has been a very good player for a minute. Es un goleador puro en el area, Hopefully he continues to maintain his level of play for the Gold Cup

8. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    3rd division, the fourth(Divisiones Regionales) is a joke and almost as bad as the USL. No, I don't think it makes me an expert(Pele won 3 World Cups and his predictions are all crap), it just makes me laugh when people think they're big shit because they play in college. A Division 1 team would probably be in the 6th division in Spain, Italy, Germany, or England(if even that). It has more to do with having connections and getting good grades than actually knowing how to kick a ball.

We can go back and forth with this all day, like I said, you can't compare Magico and Suazo, they're completely different, and Wanchope(unless Honduras makes the WC soon) will go down in history as greater than Suazo as of right now, because he's played and starred in 3 big leagues(Argentina, Spain, and England) and two World Cups. Suazo is probably better, so are a thousand ghetto kids kicking a ball around in the favelas in Brazil and Nigeria, it doesn't matter, they have to prove it.

9. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Antonio, y a vos te pagan?

10. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Ahorita no(solo comida y el lugar), porque no me han firmado todavia. Estoy intentando arreglar mi pasaporte, o sacar uno Europeo si puedo.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ta' bien mano, buena suerte. Y cuantos años tenes?

12. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Gracias. Aqui esta todo...

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Muy buena la actitud, Antonio. Ensenale a tu amigo feno para que aprenda que porque jugo en la 5ta div. semi-pro de reservas de Nicaragua no significa que su opinion tenga mas valor y/o peso. :)

Metro

14. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    We're all just sharing opinions here, I don't think anyones is better than anyone else's unless you're a coach(they might have something ahead of all of us), or unless you really know your stuff. I don't think any non-Italian predicted Italy would lift the WC, and look what happened:eek:

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    you got a lot of hot friends :D

16. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    I dont have that much time anymore since im workin for a huge company in LA.

I have a Coach License, I took the clinic here in the US so I could help my HS team.

I grew up playing for the best Salvadoran Coach, Juan Ramon Paredez and for the best Salvadoran Club CD Aguila.

And yes im better than you, and than any other little fuker that think he knows bc he read the newspaper and bc they play intermural in college.

You think LA semi-pro is crap? Ill fukin pay millions to see you dominating this league, unfortantly ur a nobody my friend, and I dont even know why I waste time with little bit... like u.

Yes Im better than most of u.

The minute u say Italian calccio is better than all latin america, u show me what a little wussy u r. It shows how inferior ur mentality is.

Im Salvadoran, I know the pro game, but I am a expert on street ball, and not i dont feel inferiority over a brazilian or an italian fuker, or german, i battle it up on the field, where u get the respect.

fuk serie B, fuk the italians. want respect, u have to earned on the field.

Tono has my respect bc hes been around, and he knows what he is talkin about, not some little college biatch like u.

yes im better than u, ask ur mom.

17. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :confused: :confused:

Y tu que no eras tan bien educado? Que verguenza que eres, del punto de vista educacional, y sobre todo gramatico.

Metro

18. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa

dude u got nothin on me, quit, u gone get hurt. im not jokin. tono knows whats goin on. u have not reason to talk sh.. dont mess with them big boys :mad:

19. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Para que recuerdan porque Costa Rica es numero uno en Centro America:

For Costa Rica: Italy 1990

First Round
    Costa Rica vs Scotland (1-0)
    Stadium: Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa, Italy / Atten: 30,867 / Referee: Juan Loustau (Argentina)
    1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=mg2h4uQyDFE Luis Gabelo Conejo and his magical saves. Probably the 3rd best goalkeeper ever in CONCACAF after Brad Friedel and Jorge Campos.

2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=bn1LgEmj9Mo The first Costa Rican goal by Juan Cayasso.

3- http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5BfyLT108E The last minutes of the epic game and Costa Rica's first victory. It is also the first time a Central American team has won a World Cup game.

Brasil vs Costa Rica (1-0)
    Stadium: Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin, Italy / Atten: 58,007 /
    Referee: Neji Jouini (Tunisia)
    If anyone has videos of this game, please download them on YouTube.

Sweden vs Costa Rica (1-2)
    Stadium: Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa, Italy / Atten: 30,223 / Referee: Zoran Petrović (Yugoslavia)
    1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=SzlWaqxREIo The goal that tied the game by out Captain Roger Flores against the sons of a bitches Swedish players who kept fouling our players during the whole game. Please look at this video and tell me how bad this foul was. DISGRACEFUL!!!

2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXNS4kOHio4 The biggest goal in the Costa Rica's footballing history scored by Hernan Medford. Because of the results by the past games and since Brazil were beating Scotland Sweden needed to win by 2 goals to advance. But after the tie, they just wanted to finish the game in a tie to bring something back to Sweden. But we said hell no.

3- http://youtube.com/watch?v=ABCHjMCDN3M The last minutes of this beautiful momment. For the first time, a Central American country eliminates a European team and also qualified for the second round. Sniff Sniff......this are real men....makes me want to cry....sniff

Segunda Ronda
    Czechoslovakia vs Costa Rica (4-1)
    Stadium: Stadio San Nicola in Bari, Italy / Atten: 47,673 /
    Referee: Siegfried Kirschen (East Germany)
    1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6uaXVvIRDQ&mode=related&search=
    The disaster from the dirty playing of Sweden cost us here. Our best player, our goalkeeper, was injured enough that he couldnt play. Even then, Czechoslovakia and Costa Rica were pretty much even for 70 minutes until their experience paid off. Also, their striker, Tomáš Skuhravý, was a monster! But the history was already made. Thank you, guys!!!!

Hay videos de Honduras en Espana '82?

20. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
  21. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Winning is often overrated in soccer, it is a team sport and therefore winning is beyond the skill of a single player.

Suazo not making it to a WC, overrated.
    Magico getting slammed by Hungary - double digits (sorry lost count) to 1 = overrated
    Maradona winning one WC, when Pele won 3, overrated.

Etc, etc. Don't confuse individual skill/accomplishments with team accolades.

22. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Actually, Pele only won 2: 1958 and 1970. In 1962 he only played one game and a half and became injured. He never received his winner's medal. That is just bs that FIFA spreads to make Pele seem more successful then he is.

And winning is overrated? A team with a great player might lose every now and then and i can understand that. But to lose 10-1 in a world cup says there wasnt anyone in the team remotely good. Just being realistic.

23. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I agree, Pele agreed to kiss FIFA´s ass while Maradona repeatedly told FIFA to kiss his. Regardless of how good Maradona was he´ll always be considered second-rate because of his personal problems.

And Pele wasn´t actually the engine in any of Brazil´s 3 World Cup wins, he played a major role in 1958 and 1970, but Jairzinho(who was the only player ever to score in all 7 World Cup games), Rivelino, Tostao, Clodaldo, and Carlos Alberto were equally important. And some of his 1,281 career goals scored weren´t done in actual professional games.

Maradona won Mexico 1986, and the Italian Scudetta in 1987 practically by himself.

Thats the European method. Europe for the most part has better teams, Latin America has better players, Europe uses teamwork, discipline and tactial awareness to get results, while South America uses individual talent. Usually the team that finds the correct balance wins the WC(European or South American.)

24. La-H

La-H Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Northeast
    Maradona tampoco jugaba solo....he himself has said this numerous times.

25. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Maradona ganó a Inglaterra y Bèlgica(y empató contra Italia en la primera ronda) solito. Contra Alemania no le dejaron ni respirar(aun asistió la tercera gol.) Y Napoli era una mierda antes de Maradona(ahora sigue en el Serie B, igual de mierda.) He was also a good team player(which really made him great,) but neither Argentina´s 1986 success nor Napoli´s first(and last) glimpse of fame came primarily because of a coach with an enormous ego, or ¨a no stars in this team¨ attitude, it came almost completely because of Diego.