The Beginning Of A New End: Julen Lopetegui Argote

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Ayayain, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like it. Better than some of the names I have seen thrown around. He likes to stack up the midfield with just one striker. Chance of James coming back? Bale's probably a goner.

Ronaldo
    Isco - James
    Kroos - Casemiro - Modric
    Marcelo - Ramos - Varane - Carvajal
    Navas​

Wouldn't be too bad eh?

2. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ignoring tactics and transfers for a moment, I hope the Madrid players on the Spain team will vouch for him to the rest of the team. The biggest challenge any post-Zidane coach has is to earn the respect of the players. Let's hope they all buy into him as quickly as possible because I fear the club will panic at some point if things aren't going well.

Hsain85 and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  3. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    Are we going to pretend to ignore that the team played like average when the Tika Taka wannabe Pisha bros played together and how the seniors were pissed when they were straight up ignored?

Compare that to without the Tika Taka wannabe Pisha bros, the team play like god mode and attack better because they play like team unlike the Pishas where the team are forced to play around Isco who dances with the ball and slows down the attack.

It will be a disaster if Isco will be untouchable under him. Not only Bale who will leave but I can see Ronaldo won't be happy. Some others as well.

4. MadridUSA

MadridUSA Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he likes stacking the midfield, would James come back? Also, is there any reason to believe he’d play Benzema over Bale or James? If not they could probably stay.

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Hopefully Isco becomes more consistent.
    He has a lot to prove in this world cup now. A few flashy moves here and there is not going to cut it.. he needs to carry the team.

Digital repped this.
  6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was right? Only ppl who actually think Ronaldo is the better player are his dick suckers.

Cant wait for the season to start already. Best choice out there available IMO, almost had a cardiac arrest when I read names like Conte, Allegri, Wenger, Low.

Isco has been amazing for Spain, he'll make sure he is gonna shine in white too.

7. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The thing is, Messi is not the best player in history, even if you argue than he is better than Ronaldo.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yeah but what about the unwritten rule at Real Madrid that that you side with CR7 in the debate about who is the best in the world.

9. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rule written by Ronaldo?

True, the 'best in history' is a useless discussion anyway. Different times, different teams and different players.

Hsain85 repped this.
  10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
  11. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, this came out of left field. I didn't see this coming at all. Here I was gearing myself up for a Wenger-drid with much constipation inducing dread. This honestly is an appointment I do not have many if any qualms over.

Lopetegui has done a decent job rebuilding the Spanish team and interestingly some of the pieces he has used are our very own players. He has worked with some of our players as well and that's a positive I think.

In terms of tactics and playing style, let us see how he manages to get this squad to buy into his way of things. As some have alluded, there will be increased roles for some of the fringe midfield players which is good for Isco, Asensio and I suspect Kova as well. I would not mind seeing the back of both Bale and Ronaldo to be honest but that is unlikely.

Now that we have a manager, albeit tied up for the next month or so, it will be interesting to see our movement in the transfer market. I wonder how much of a say he has on who will and will not be signed or sold.

Exciting times ahead.......

brasileiragem and 9Qui repped this.
  12. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He stacks up the midfield with the seleccion because that is the pool's strength. They have a goldmine of midfielders so its ideal for Spain to play that way. There is no Spanish winger the caliber of Bale for example.

I don't think he will necessarily be wedded to that style when he comes to coach for Real.

Anon., Ahmadi8, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I agree. There are coaches who can only stick to one philosophy and make squad changes to accommodate players who can play their style..while there are others, who look at the players that they have at their disposal and makes change to get the best of their attributes.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Welcome Julen and good luck, also,
    Anyone know what this is all about?

meringues repped this.
  16. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I tried and gave up on deciphering that....Thought I was alone in not getting it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Usual gibberish from the usual trash.

meringues, Ahmadi8, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Haven't seen what he has said yet.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Between that nonsense and unnecessarily bringing up Cristiano to, I don't know which more trash

20. Castillas

Castillas Member+

May 4, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok, I admit I had no idea that Pisha bros refers to Isco+Asensio, I had to google this actually, cos the post made me scratch my head. Not that it makes it more clear, tbh.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ah, ok

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zidane05 repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny coincidence that Isco complained about how much more support he has from Lopetegui and months later he's hired in Madrid.

Romanero, madridista_hr, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It won't be a coincidence in a few months. The papers will run with this as Isco being the reason why Zidane left.

Romanero, Digital, PigBenis and 2 others repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Wait, is Balague saying his agent is Mendes?? Maybe Ronaldo will like him after all :D