The "before the tournaments" no-call

Discussion in 'Referee' started by RespectTheGame, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Dayton Ref

Dayton Ref Member+

May 3, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I've got to ask. Are you talking OKC or further?
    For those that are wondering, this adult tournament is linked to Oktoberfest celebrations hence the copious amounts of drinking and the forfeits on Sunday morning.

dadman repped this.
  2. cmonref

cmonref Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Stillwater
    OKC

3. Law5

Law5 Member+

Mar 24, 2005
    Beaverton OR
    As someone else said, places where it rains often have a wider vocabulary to describe rain. In southern California, they just say "it's raining." Here, we might say that it's raining, it's pouring, it's really coming down, it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock, it's only coming down a little bit, it's moist, it's misting, 'it's a misty, moisty morning,' there are showers, it's drizzling, "it's raining, the sun's out, welcome to Oregon," etc. I like the Irish expression, "Tis a soft day," meaning it's raining a bit but not very much, really, a gentle rain, and not really cold, either. Some of us natives hold in disdain people who actually use umbrellas. "What? You're going to melt?" They clearly came here from somewhere else.

Doug the Ref and dadman repped this.
  4. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    It's more like, "Oh my God! It's raining!" or "Thank God it's raining!" But if you're on the freeway around here for the first rain of the season, be afraid, be very afraid . . .

dadman and fairplayforlife repped this.
  5. GoDawgsGo

GoDawgsGo Member+

Nov 11, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose Da Silva is most certainly doing MLS games still and is on the PRO site. Look harder. Along with the other scabs from Florida. Caleb and Marcos are both on the 4th list. May be 1 or 2 others on AR list, but those 3 definitely. And they all did multiple games during the lock out.

cmonref repped this.
  6. cmonref

cmonref Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Stillwater
    Thanks I forgot the names of the others.