The Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Eddie26, May 4, 2008.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Full laundry facilities available at a cost.

Btw, the sign off means that the closest place as classy as the KDP is a loooooong way away, git. :D

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A kegerator away from full sustainability!! Decorating.jpg

3. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anyone here a stout or porter fan? Lienenkugel's makes a vanilla porter. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

On top of that, for you Washington lot, there is a micro brewery out of Oregon, Deschutes I believe is the name. They make a couple of Pale Ale's. First is Mirror Pond, unfecking believable. Best PA I've had. The other is a Northwest PA. Something they've made up I guess. Really hoppy, but it has a hint of grapefruit flavor. Can't have more than a couple at a time, but a damn fine beer.

4. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm in Seattle right now, across the road from Taphouse Grill where I intend to put a dent in some of their IPAs.

I've had plenty of Deschutes and like their Obsidian Stout and BB Porter. If you really want something good of theirs try their Abyss Imperial Stout - awesome beer.

Their PA is really good, clean and well balanced (have you given their fresh hop version a spin? excellent brew).

If you think that is tasty, you will fairly wet your pants if you ever get to drink Zombie Dust by Three Floyds (you should find it in Chicago no problem). Even their Alpha King is amazing and that's a distant second.

As for Portland breweries, there are so many good ones (and many good brewpubs to drink them in) but one of my favourites of those with a wider distribution is Rogue, simply because I find it everywhere in SoCal and they are quite experimental. Love their Shakespeare Stout.

5. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Holy Christ, you sir are a gentleman, obviously a scholar, and a drunkard (a man after me own heart) :D.

Seriously though, love the discussion. I'm a big fan of all things Deschutes.

Any ideas for brew pubs in the Spokane area. I've got two weeks there for work over the next two months.

6. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For a brewpub with house brews I would say Steam Plant, but for my money the better beer selection is at the flying goat.

Taphouse tonight was as awesome as ever. Started out with a nicely hopped Black Raven Trickster follows by a smokey Rogue JLS 15,000. Of course, any tasting rounded off by a tulip of Oskar Blues Ten Fidy is going to be solid. Until tonight I'd only had it in a can. Was amazing then, was sublime now. Thanks again TapHouse!

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  8. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I envy the bear selection you guys have in the states, especailly the ones out west (mouthdrools) i thought Canada was bad, all we have here is Heineken and Carlsberg.

9. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll say that the micro brewery explosion here in the States has been fantastic. Chocolate stouts are a big beer right now, and they're worth the pretty penny it costs. We don't do a lot of things right, but when it comes to beer, our selection is top notch.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know how I know you're gay...? :)

11. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One of the best beers I've had the past few years was the Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout - their 12th anniversary brew. I have one bottle cellared that is waiting for a big moment. The Great Divide's Yeti is good too - huge beer.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oye, leave Coldplay out of this! :D

Cris 09 repped this.
  13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just talking about them.... Trying to think about some other, ahem, beers. There is a tiny brewery in New Ulm Minnesota, Schell. Place is too drawer, but they make an Octoberfest that is the best I've had, hands down. Stevens Pointe Brewery in Wisconsin makes another fantastic Octoberfest that is up there.

14. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    thats racist bro

15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    for some reason i'm just stumbling on this thread. i'm in seattle now, was in dallas, can't say the texas beer scene was as mature as out here in the NW obviously, but they had some great up and coming micros popping up down there. but man, the beer i have access to here......it's amazing.

i live not far from a bottle shop that has 2400 different brews and a tasting room with 20 rotating taps. it's glorious.

anyway, i look to contribute more to the thread, unfortunately for the thread, but fortunately for me, it's time to go home now.

also, dont' be fooled by the avatar, i dont' mind a guinness by any means, but it's not my favorite or anything. but the combination of legos, starwars, and beer is well.....priceless.

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]
    tried this one

17. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I do enjoy me a pint of Ireland's finest. It grows on you for sure. Now I'm into Porters and Stouts as I've stated above.

Last time I was back in England, I found a fancy for ciders since, well, they're all fecking over the place there. Holy Lord you Brits know how brew a big boy cider. If you haven't yet, try one, or twenty.

I recently had a Belgian Triple Lager. One of the best damn beers I've ever had. 21 Proof! Unbelievable for a beer, especially home in the States.

So there you go, a few beer stories.

18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wheat beer? Looks damn good.

19. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yesyes, it was damn good.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    German, yes? Or Belgian?

21. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Blueallthru repped this.
  22. Yaroni

Yaroni Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Tel Aviv
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I haven't the slightest clue as to weather this is the German or Belgian flag.

viscajunior repped this.
  23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ;)

24. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Simple way to remember. Belgians are able to handle their beer and thus after drinking a couple remain vertical (like the stripes). Germans of course are notoriously lightweight and after merely smelling a glass of O'Douls, pass right out and become horizontal (like the stripes).

Waits to see if poking the bear gets a reaction :D

Yaroni and fernb8 repped this.
  25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yawn...

[​IMG]

Also, notice I am "horizontal"... ;)

Yaroni and Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.