The BEEF Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Sep 8, 2008.

1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have beef with people who aren't american saying 'oh my bad' ... grrrr!!

appleCORR

2. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Are you saying then, that such a statement may only be said by a certain race of people but not another? Coz that's tantamount to racism, which as a mod I'm sure u realise is outlawed as a no-no in this thread :p

You want a do-over or a mulligan on that last comment then?

3. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    I say 'my bad' all the time.

we gots beef apps

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Damn Corr, you've opened a can of worms...:p

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hit the quote key by mistake.

My Bad :eek:

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    so case, if desailly is what big ron said 'a big lazy ni**er' then surely that is racist?

anyway i have beef with

man united, who have been buying the league for years before chavski and manc came along
    i hate tottenham fc and their fans who say their a big club (2 good friends are fans and they are in a constant state of dellusion)
    i hate wack, watered down hip hop - 50 cent, ti, eminem post 2000 etc
    i hate scene kids and their upperclass 'terrible' lives they have to live, must be so hard?
    i hate the radio (all stations)
    i hate the way women find stupid things to be mad at u about (cant be that time of the month 29 days out of 30, 30 out of 31 etc)
    i hate russel brand and that cnut vince noir, neither are funny...saying random things is not funny
    i hate arrogant loudmouths when u are playing sport, when they arnt even as good as you

um thats my beef atm

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Preach

8. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have beef with people that start a counterpoint argument with "the laws of physics" and then say "centrifugal force". it's centripetal people. cen-trip-e-tal

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEF!!!

appleCORR

10. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beef?:eek: I hate cow.

11. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    not a hindu then? cus they bloody love them

12. abgcunited11

abgcunited11 New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Virginia
    i hate the jonas brothers.
    and lacrosse players. dude lax braaa!

13. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a religious person at all...I'm catholic, but don't practice it at all..

14. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i dislike most organised religion personally

the worst are those black israelites in new york calling white people the devil

lol

15. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    I hate Jews for Jesus on principle because honestly it's one or the other. It's only the damn basis of the religion you're jacking around. I like the Muslim outlook. "Hey, that Jesus was a pretty cool guy and a prophet to boot! He can chill with Muhammed any old time!"

Anyway...

16. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My take is that screw it I'll be a good guy do what I need to do in live, but no religion honestly it's not what I believe in so w/e. I think religion to some extent has that built in fear it places into people to follow it or they're bad or some crazy jibberish.

My biggest beef is what I just stated these radicals and never normal religious groups using the fear element either perpously or indirectly...Oh and those guys on the subways handing out those Jesus/and other religon crap..

Oh yea sorry if i offended anyone.

17. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Wrong, it's centrifugal- SoccerAM science 101 :p (back when people watched it).

tbm re Desailly- well, perhaps, depending on your views on the word and it's meaning, which is inherently open to interpretation. Is it intrinsically racist to refer to someone by the demographic groups they are members of? Political correctness has no problems with this EXCEPT when the actual words used are deemed as derogatory: Case in point on this forum I may refer to you as as a British person as a Brit however I would not be allowed to shorten the word used for Japenese people as ****** <---- (see!) is censored on here!
    Now as I'm sure you are aware, especially given your following of hip-hop culture, the N word has been deliberately re-appropriated by many black people over the last 3 decades at least, with the assumed intent and result of removing it's discriminatory power. Who may or may not use such a term has become a hot topic, but remember that words have no inherant meaning other than that socially constructed, the shared understanding between people, and as such Big Ron was using the N word as a suffix to place Desailly in a demographic group. AT NO POINT DID ATKINSON STATE ANY PERSONAL FEELINGS TOWARDS THIS GROUP, infact he actually attributed the label to others: "people in the schoolyard would have called".

Whether or not you believe Ron Atkinson to be a racist is a side issue, what cannot be claimed is that his statement was- it didn't inherantly state that Desailly was F'n Lazy BECAUSE of his status as a N-word person, as it is not SEXIST to call a female human adult a Woman. One can infer what one wants from a statement, but such a statement is hardly the same as claiming inherant inferiority of the individuals due to their demographic placing.

...anyways, I got a beef for u Dev: I have a beef with people apologising for things when they do not mean/want to!

18. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really am surprised that the religion issue came up - with it being such a contentious issue.

In fact, just this week, I wanted to write in this thread that I have beef with people not ever wanting to discuss religion (because it is such a sensitive subject), even when you are wanting guidance, or just have some inquieries about it...because right now, I don't know what religion I am!

However, I don't think statements like those guys on the subways handing out those Jesus/and other religon crap is at all accpetable. That is just plain insensitive and disrespectful.

19. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    but they are disrespectful to our athiest status claiming that god and jesus/mohammed/jehova etc needs to save us when they have no logical foundation for this or ANY proof that a god exists or can exist....

imo if someone tries to talk me into it id rip them a new one, screw what they think

and case, omg did u just stick up for ron atkinson?

he said it not in the ending with a way but the er way and obviously it was meant in a racist way and obviously superseeds the lazy as its an ethnic stereotype...

i cant beleive anyone would defend the use of the n word, i dont even get why black dudes use it

20. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    I hate Jehovah's Witnesses for constantly knocking on people's doors in my dad's neighborhood, telling them a bunch of bullshit like 'If you become a Jehovah's Witness it will give you a guaranteed spot in heaven, how about you read this pamphlet and get back to me?'

Good thing he'll be only there half the time soon :D

21. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My point. You can be a good person and not be religious.. I think this issue should be left just because it can start problems...

22. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I believe that no matter what, you should just be respectful to other people's belief system. Plain and simple.

23. KingTrezegol

KingTrezegol New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Lowestoft
    I respect people with regards to how they view god, but when they come to the door and basically spit in the face of my Protestant beliefs it pisses me off.

ARRGGH! Next time I'm going to the door in a kilt, holding a 2x4 cross

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    even scientologists?

25. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    erm, YES! And as a self-proclaimed atheist, what is the utility in your usage of the acronym "omg".....think in here you;ve already defeated yourself (but I may as well bang the nails home myself:p)

OPINION.

Again, every1 entitled to OPINION, BUT such cannot be used in debate as fact

true, that stereotype exists, however claiming this was employed by Atkinson is invalif. What was said was not in the racist format, as at no point did it IMPLY that Desailly was lazy BECAUSE he was an N**** (or even N******!). If Linford Christie (a black man famous for his masculine endowment) states "that white man has a small penis" then he is NOT being racist, whereas the statement WOULD be if he claimed that "that man has a small penis as he is white" (inferring all white men have small equipment, which as your mom can tell ya ain't true;) hey it's the BEEF thread what!)

read:
    sorry if I've patronised you

(that means if I've spoken down to you, as if you were stupid!)