The Bandido Report.

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by Bandido, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    To better serve our rabid Dynamo fans through out the world, I have created this thread to post the latest news and links on our Champoinship team and fans from Houston.
    I will have the help of my Tivo and the exclusive "Bandido-Cam." that will come real handy once I know how to work them.:p

From to time you will see incredible analysis from other Texian Army and El Batallon members that know what they're talking about. but to tell you the thruth, I'm scared that the ones who will be jumping in here will most likely be Trolls and people dipping into my bussiness.:mad: with their stupid midget jokes, and you know who I'm talking about !!!

2. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Italy won the World Cup in Germany.
    Houston Dynamo won the MLS Cup in Frisco. and we just came back in time from Pachuca for the 2007 Home Opener which ended in a 0-0 tie against The Galaxy.

I warned you it would be the latest news:p

3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Houston supporters give a warm welcome to our Dynamo on Saturday.

[​IMG]

pictures taken by two of our best artists: T. Zako Tufoto y Sukamara Kanija.

4. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Why don't you get your crayons and go make a Pinochet flag or something?:mad:

5. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Gameday 4/14/07.

We made it at the Tailgate right after four, and I had to hold on to the Ball n' Chain for dear life because it was so windy. the Doc, Newtex and the German Brigade were battling to keep the tent and the Mezz. banner from blowing into the wind also. it's great to hang out with these guys and gals before the game, and if you have the time, I recommend you join the Texian Army or El Batallon and talk soccer and stuff before the games. plus beer and hot dogs in between the latest gossip.

I have a beef with 5-Star. why wait 'til 6:30 to open the gates when you have a line of people almost two hours before the game ready to go in and spend money on Dynamo gear, bear and nachos??
    Besides, I was cold and needed to go to the little boys room and there was a longer line to use the porter-can.

We had to shell out 120 bucks for two Dynamo sweaters or hoodies if you wish and ask the Soccer4All lady to sell them to us through the fence., Once we made our way in, we got our Dynamo ring-key chains twice:p
    Well, I got two, the Ball n' Chain was called out by the guy giving them away...."didn't I give you one already?"........haha, busted.

6. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Diesel was the only one keeping warm last night.

[​IMG]

T. Zako Tufoto y Sukamara Kanija.

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Great work put in by Diesel, the Dynamo Girls and Super Dynamo to make things in the stands fun.

I hadn't noticed that Diesel's eyes bounce around. The Dynamo Girls went into the stands during the second half and caught the game standing in the isles. and Super Dynamo came by sec. 109 a couple of times and got people pumped up.

Great job fellas !!

8. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Brad Davis shows us how loose he is with a smile.

[​IMG]
    T. Zako Tufoto y Sukamara Kanija.

9. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bandido...you rock thanks for the update and pics.

10. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Hehe:p

I'm here to serve you my Florida friend. and may I say that Brad, Rico and all our guys are so easy to come close too. they don't act like Superstars or nothing like that.

My personal favorite is Waibel, who the wife calls "El Huevo-L" which means egg in Spanish.
    They are all good guys that are quick to give you a high-five or a side-five when they walk past you.

p.s.

Here is a link to Univision. they say we "hit" the Goats.

http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=4&schid=12314

11. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    4/16/07.
    Silence of the Lambs?
    [​IMG]

I don't know if you noticed or not, but the ChivaUSA fans were not at the game last Saturday. The same supporters that traveled accross the country to back them up last season.the same ones that have a Texas chapter of La Legion. nothing close to that was seen. I did come by three Goat fans on my out of Robertson who were chanting: "No se pudo" and sounded real happy to say it. I did hear drums and chants on the visitor's section in the south side of the Stadium, but they were pulling for Houston and it looked like a third Dynamo Supporter's Group.

In their BigSoccer Forum they didn't even bother to start a Pre-Game or PBP Thread, and it wasn't until sometime Sunday that they posted a full three comments on the game.

Could it be that the exit of Paco Palencia to Pumas or El Loco Garcia to Tigres bothered them?
    Could it be that after two years the true Chivas fans have come to find out that this L.A. team is not the same team as the one from Guadalajara?

Even with Republica Deportiva pumping the ChivaUSA "Sueño" program all pre-season they still seem to be losing fans, they don't seem to gain new ones.

I believe the FO made a decision to cater to the Chivas fans in the U.S. and they need to stick to it. The team in Jalisco, Mexico has 100% Mexican born player and need to due the same here in the U.S. or they will lose their targeted fan base. and if this isn't done, they should rebrand the Franchise all together. Moving the team but leaving the name alone will not help.

What say you?

12. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are right about the Chivas USA fans issue. Because the LA Galaxy are ten years old, have a couple championships under their belt, and have Beckham coming in soon, they have a pretty good monopoly on most of the area's soccer fans who wanted to support an MLS team from the founding of the league and probably most of the news fans to league in the area jumping on the MLS bandwagon in a few months (except for maybe a few Scots who show up to root against the icon of modern English football) when Beckham shows up. Thus, it made sense a couple years ago to tap into the large Chivas fan base in Southern California and hope that folks nostalgic for a real Chivas game would show up for the US fascimilie. In essence... they did just the opposite of the what happened here in Houston.

Houston Dynamo - tapped into large bunch of soccer fanatics of all stripes/backgrounds/nationalities/etc. who wanted to see quality soccer and/or the MLS come to town

Chivas USA - tapped into bunch of soccer fans who really wanted to support the real Chivas but live too far away, and for the most part would never have followed MLS otherwise because the Galaxy had already been there for a decade and they hadn't started yet. Their passion for this Chivas is related to how much it satisfies that need to feel like they're supporting the real Chivas.

Problem: This Chivas plays in MLS under an MLS salary cap with MLS rules limiting the number of foreign nationals to the roster. Therefore... I don't see how Chivas USA can be competitive long term if it limits itself to just players (even if we're just talking about the starting 11 or most of the starting 11) from Mexico or those who are citizens/legal residents of the United States that could claim at least for public relations/image purposes to be "Mexican-Americans." It's hard enough in the MLS to put together a roster of quality players to win week in/week out when you can bring in players from all over the world to supplement whatever players you can scrounge up here in the USA. So here's the catch 22. Unless MLS changes the rules and allows Chivas USA to have as many foreign players as they want on the roster Chivas USA can either 1) have a predominantly Mexican or Mexican-American roster - staying true to the real Chivas identity - and have a cruddy team in the process that can't compete for championships and people lose interest in because they stink, or 2) they can put the best team of field regardless of the ethnic/cultural/national background of the players and have the team feel less like the real Chivas to the fans who need them to feel more like the real Chivas to remain interested in them. But it seems to me they can't have it both ways unless the 5-7 best American-born Mexican-American soccer players in the world (and right now I couldn't even name who they are to be honest) ALL decide to go play for Chivas USA (and still keep the 1 or 2 world class Mexican players like they had last year).

Obviously, what they've been doing - and what I seem them continuing to do - is to try and have it both ways. They will put the best team on the field that they can regardless of ethnicity/nationality (high quality players like Ante Razov and Sacha Kljestan) so they can win some games, grab a handful of high quality/high profile Mexican players from the real Chivas (so they can win games AND appear more Mexican), throw in a handful of players with Hispanic-sounding surnames for appearances sake, and hope.

13. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wondered why no Lesion 1908 at the game too, apparently it was just as simple as MamiGoats were on TV at the same time vs. Atlas. Way to go, you hardcore supporters!...

14. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would probably have alot to do with the Chivas/Chivas USA fans here in the Houston area not showing up. But I got to thinking over lunch that what I was implying about Chivas USA fans (I'm talking about the fans in California who go to the games every week - not the ones here in Houston who are half a continent away from both LA and Guadalajara) in my pre-lunch posts wasn't totally fair. Regardless of why many people may have originally become Chivas USA fans (including many who did so only because they were fans of the original Chivas)... many are true die hards for Chivas USA now two years after its inception... especially those people that live in the LA area near the Home Depot Center who go the games in person... and they probably care just as much about their team as we do ours. While I still agree with Bandido that straying too far from the traditional Chivas identity would likely alienate a noticable chunk of the team's more casual fans who go watch the MLS version of the team to get their real Chivas fix... I'm sure that a large chunk of Chivas USA fans would continue to support their team (after having so for two full seasons now) no matter who was on the pitch. I guess the million dollar question now would be just how large would that chunk of people be?

Anyway... it also got me thinking... how great it would be if Chivas USA were to play the mother club in a meaningful competition (CCC/Superliga) at Home Depot Center... and how interesting it would be to see how many of the Chivas USA season ticket holders/regular supporters would still be in the stands rooting on their MLS side rather than the team from Guadalajara. That's a match I would not miss.

15. it's simple... la legion wasn't there on saturday because they were scared.

they know that they still owe us one for dressing in orange and stealing one of our banners. they knew this saturday was payback time that's why they didn't show up.

no competition to el batallon. chivas no existes hahaha :D

16. Orange1836

Orange1836 don't believe the hype

Dec 2, 2006
    Houston
    I honestly hope Chivas US gets sold and rebranded.
    This is the US league, and to me, it makes me worry that they had the idea at the begining of using it as a sort of minor league for them. It hasnt happend that way, and fan support will hopefully dwindle till they decide to give up on it.

Other than that, no more rebranding!

17. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, Mbean....Greñas has it right :D

18. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It was just odd to me not to see them in bunches at the game Saturday when they have made an appeaance on all of last season's games against us in Houston. and wonder if they are losing interest in the U.S. version of the Goats.

Stealing banners is a part of gorilla warfare that goes on between Supporters Groups. and we will have be vigilant that it never happens again. That's the type of stuff that starts bad blood, and they have made the first move.

I thought the Chivas brand would make a significant impact in the U.S. and bring more Mexican fans to stadiums through out the MLS. but in their third season,getting 14,000 for their home opener shows me that they still have work to do. I understand that the Galaxy got 23,000 for their first game at home.

I believe that having so many large cities in the U.S. who would be eager to have a MLS franchise, there is no need for two teams fighting for the same fan base pool.

19. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I too thought it was strange not to see them at the game. It's always more fun when they are around...ditto with the FUFC yank-wannabes. I say we see how this season turns out. If the trend continues, I think they ought to be worried at that point. The thing about Chivas is that, with the way they are right now, they can only succeed in large Mexican population cities, and they are all taken (LA, Chicago, here, NY). If they rebrand and move, they will be essentially starting all over, which is bad for the league (great to get rid of this shitvas, though ;) )

20. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma

If I was Chivas USA I would call myself FC LA!!

21. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hump Wednesday !!

[​IMG]

Hey kids, Hump Wednesday reminds me of hot chicks for some reason. Well, okay. everyday reminds me of hot chicks.

I say we start posting pictures of girls we would like to see wear the TA/EB or even the Dynamo Girls colors. so lets keep it clean and not XXX., We can post of the girl next door if you'd like too :p

22. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

23. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Huh, I think we are starting off on the wrong foot my friends:rolleyes:

Let me start with the most beautiful girl in the world. When Fernando Florie was a nobody, he got a gig at Univision's Lente Loco. this chick would bring the viewer mail and then became the co-host of the program.

She is from Cuba and is persuing a singing career these days. so I give you Odalys Garcia....

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bba6RQfJtg

24. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    ** Breaking News **

A ton of Crack found on airplane.

[​IMG]

One Customs Officer was quoted to say: "Something stinks here"