The Avispa Fukuoka Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Hoolinmazedog, May 3, 2011.

1. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    From the highlights shown after the Urawa-Cerezo match, it seems Avisa were unlucky to come away without a point at least. Keeper cost them one goal, and a couple of chances I don't know how they didn't score.

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Avispa seem like the epitome of unlucky so far.

There's no way they deserve to have 0 points right now.

Atleast they aren't being submissive bitches and are actually going out and attacking. Unlike some teams...... (cough Shimizu)

3. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It is when we go and start trying to attack that we have looked pretty good this year, the problems seem to come when there is a more defensive mentality and the team loses all their belief.

I can definitely say I am being entertained, and our team is better than the one which got promoted, so even after 6 straight defeats I do feel like I am getting my money's worth.

4. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So having said that at least I was pleased about being entertained, I'm not so sure if I am any more.
    We got injuries to our best 3 players (Kim Min Je, Hideya, Nakamachi), Kamiyama has been unceremoniously dropped, and there seems to be no philosophy on how we are going to score.

I'm thinking that we should give the current team until Summer to show what they can do, and if things are still dire then have a total overhaul of the team. Anyone who isn't willing to play for the club in J2 next year and able to play in J1 in 2 years time should be allowed to move on.

5. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to Maatsura?

6. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He got injured in the Jubilo Iwata Cup match midweek. Didn't look all that serious, he was till walking on it but had it iced and was limping.

7. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    What happened to Ramazotti? I haven't seem him even on the bench yet.

8. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Question:

Was anyone here in Fukuoka when Avispa was known as the Blux? I remember those good old days, and the super exciting matches for when they first won promotion to J1.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Maybe he's doing some concerts somewhere

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jvDpP5kvz8"]UN'EMOZIONE PER SEMPRE - 2003 - EROS RAMAZZOTTI official - YouTube[/ame]

10. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he is/was not fully fit, he was training with them already but different menu/program

11. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Was definitely on the injured (not fit) list for the last match, but I'm really hoping he will be able to be on the bench for a home debut tonight.

Naruoka was also out injured and Ramazotti looks like he is a totally different type of player to the technical strikers we have as options at the moment.

12. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat the U-22s 1-0 today......something to build on

Who would you like to see stay and go next year?

13. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd love to be able to keep Shigematsu, he looks like he will be a very good striker and could terrorise J2, but I think that that is pretty unlikely as FC Tokyo have presumably seen him playing well too.

Not sure if Jubilo will have been really impressed with Matsuura though, and with their young midfield working well this season I'd love to see him work on his final product in J2.

My best player this season has been the new korean left back Kim Min Je, but he hasn't been given a lot of game time recently in favour of the perceived better defence of Wada. I'd love to keep him, and by not playing he may not have been noticed by other J1 teams.

I think Nakamachi will go because I think he thinks he is good enough to be a player at a top J1 team. I'd like to keep him as he destroys J2, but wouldn't be too sad if he left.

Hideya can go. He has scored enough goals to be an attractive proposition for someone, and is too much of a luxury for Avispa. I'd put Jogo and Naruoka in a similar bracket but can't see Jogo playing for anyone else, his mental state is already too fragile. Naruoka is a good player, but again, not for a team who needs to fight for points. In J2 he could probably be realy good for us.

Makoto Tanaka is almost certain to retire or find a gig in the JFL.

Out:
    Nakamachi (will want to stay in J1)
    Hideya (Someone will give him an offer to stay in J1)
    Kim Min Je (sadly, but he must want more time on the pitch and unless Avispa give it to him in the remaining games is entitled to be a bit fed up)
    Makoto Tanaka (retired)
    Ramazotti (Needs something dramatic to happen for his loan to be extended)
    Shigematsu (will be on the bench for FC Tokyo instead)
    Matsuura (I think it would be good for him to come and get 35 games in J2, but don't think he'd go for it even if Jubilo agreed)
    Daiki (3 seasons on loan and he hasn't played as badly as a few recent games, his motivation for Avispa may be waining)

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I think Jogo is the best player of that team by far but ... Like Takahagi of Sanfrecce, they can't show their talent on a consistent basis.
    Yusuke could have done more and Genki should have stayed.

15. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    On his day Jogo is the best player by some distance, and that includes Nakamachi and the loanees from this year, but unfortunately he seems to be incredibly fragile emotionally.

He's being asked to play a role which isn't helping him; leading the line and consistently scoring goals, but as you say he isn't the most consistent player so can't do it. I think he needs to play behind a #9.

He missed the game against Gamba Osaka for mental reasons, and seems to only be able to perform when he has confidence which our current situation doesn't really help with.

16. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maatsura is getting playing time so he might stay.....not sure if he is a J1 quality starter yet but he has talent.

I liked Daiki ever since he was with Omiya for a small stint. Nice guy but not a very good centerback. He seems to be J2 level. Wada seems like the new Angel of Death, featuring for Yokohama FC (relegated), Tokyo Verdy (relegated), and JEF Chiba (relegated) before coming to Fukuoka.

Back four and keeper are your main problem areas. Any targets you think could help?

17. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Rokutan will stay next year as keeper even though he hasn't really showered himself with glory. Kamiyama will probably go, I don't think he is happy to be reserve and even though he became a joke in J1 was really good last year and can probably be first choice for someone.

Central defense is a real problem. Makoto Tanaka's legs have gone and I think he used to do a lot of 'quiet' work last season. Not sure if Daiki will fancy another season, and there are no young players coming through.
    I'd like an experienced replacement for Makoto, but not sure on who. Experienced centre-backs seem to be held on to.
    Kobara will stay and is good enough for J2.

18. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jogo just signed for another season, the first player to be announced.

Not a surprise as a local boy, but will stay as the biggest puzzle for the new manager. Could potentially be J2 Player of the Season if they find a position and style which suits him.

There are also rumours that Naruoka and Matsuura will be staying. Naruoka because he feels he owes it to Avispa after not doing very well last year, and Matsuura as he wants to play and might struggle to get in the Jubilo team.

19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hmm, don-t know what to think of all this.

I was thinking, that if Matsuura does not go back, he will at least be lent to some of the newcomers from J2.

In any case I wish to see him play in J1. Especially after that wicked Messi like goal in November.

20. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    What would be the ideal position for Jogo? An attacking midfielder playing behind the centerforward?

21. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've always wanted to see him playing behind a centre-forward, and definitely think that would be his best position but he always seems to play as the furthest forward.

He likes to come deep, or drift out to the wings, but we're left with no presence in the middle.
    One of the only other confirmed players is a total out and out striker from Fukuoka University, but we've been very weak with strikers for 2 years now so maybe he has been up top out of necessity.

This was my favorite 'goal' of his from the season, which hasn't been seen/shown too much as it got disallowed. http://youtu.be/ya7-pCuSr_A?t=9m34s This is the sort of thing he is capable of, and wish I could see every week.

22. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I bet 5 euros that Jogo will be J2-best player of the next season.

23. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I feel signing Jogo so early was a signal of intent, and trying to boost the confidence of Jogo. As well as warding off any other suitors it is saying that he is the guy we feel is most important to get signed up first.

6 more have been re-signed today, but all the youngest (and presumably cheapest). Yamaguchi, Yoshihara, Son Ryun Jyon, Kasagawa, Hatamoto and Ushinohama all signed.

24. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Hoolinmazedog, since you're a supporter close to the team, I'd like to ask some questions:

- Of course you want your team to be promoted, but realistically at what position do you think they will finish? Initially, I tought Avispa would be one of the main candidates to promotion, but at the preseason summary at the Rising Sun News, Avispa is rated below my expectations.

- And who is the player to watch in Avispa? Possibly Jogo?

25. Hoolinmazedog

Hoolinmazedog Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Fukuoka
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'll go take a look at the Rising Sun predictions now, but I genuinely think we will finish in the top 3, and have as good a chance as anyone of being Champions.

In my opinion the team we have now is better than the team which got promotion 2 years ago, and the one which got relegated last season.

I didn't watch a lot of J2 last season, but unless it has improved a lot since 2011 I don't know who has a better chance than us. Kyoto are structured a bit better this year, JEF and Verdy will be able to beat anyone on their day, I don't think Kofu and Yamagata have consolidated as well as us, and apart from that Tokushima is the only team I see as an outside shot, but think they are set for a poorer year after 2 years of what is probably over-achievement.

Keepers are inconsistent, but who else in J2 has a good one?

Kim Min Je will be the best left-back in the division. Kobara and Yamaguchi will be strong at centre-back but also have competition for that position which was absent last year.

Suzuki Jun and Sueyoshi did alright as young players in J1, but have 25 games at the top level under their belts and are returning to a division where 2 years ago Sueyoshi looked a class act and won Rookie of the Year. Hopefully he has got better since then.
    Naruoka Sho could be the single best player in the division, and has looked good pre-season.

Daisuke Sakata might be too good for the division, but his form is pretty much unknown. I'm optimistic; this is a guy who has scored 79 top division goals, played for Japan and is still only 29.
    Jogo is looking happy for the first time in about 6 months, and as a confidence player that has to be a good thing. If him, Sakata and Naruoka click then we're going to be very nice to watch.
    The one negative for me is that they have made Takahashi Captain when he didn't really score many goals last time we were in J2, could hardly get on the pitch in J1, and is the wrong side of 30.

There are decent youngsters, with Ushinohama probably being the brightest, but with competition for places I think they will stay as bit part players.

I think it's safe to say I'm way more optimistic about our chances the Rising Sun News!
    I think he has rated Roasso and Thespa way too highly, but it's all about opinions!