The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm not so sure. Brand new stadium which they regularly fill out, Able to spend big money on players and compete with other clubs to attract young talent and they seem to be able to hold onto their own talent much better now too. To me they have capitalised quite well on recent success and are growing, maybe not exponentially but quite steadily. If their youngsters come good then they'll be competitive at the top for quite a while.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What does "regularly" mean? Because ticket sales are on a downwards trend in Spain.

You could argue that all these new stadiums are being built because tourism, food exports and building are the three main sources for jobs and income for Spain globally. Somebody has to keep building.

Really,? Because their best defender joined Bayern and their best striker joined Barca.

I'm not saying they'll collapse tomorrow, but they are not Liverpool. They will always be second fiddle to Barca and Madrid.

Modric-87 repped this.
  3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mourinho was good in a lot of aspects but also pretty bad with some others. The signings for example were mostly his and they didn't really work out. Fred for example cost them around 55M euros and he's pure shit, iirc Mourinho specifically asked for him.

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the thing, no matter how right he might have been about aspects of what he said and thought about Manure, he brought some of those players to the club and also had the power to move some of them on, that part he cannot get away from, a lot of the team was his team, his players, he worked for a team that could afford any player they wanted, the fact that some will say, “well..... what player wants to go play there” , is testimony to his drop in appeal as a quality manager ( he can’t get away from that either) as well as the fall in the prestige of Manure

7. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Nah, Mourinho is a god for what he did there. With his second year, he positioned them perfectly for a comeback but he wasn't supported in the transfer market. Now they 're in deep waters with no solution. Who wants to come to them now?

Serengeti_Boy, Aensensen and Lyra repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He had some ridiculous signings for Chelsea too, JM does somethings really well but others, most importantly responsibility really poor.

Eddie and Digital repped this.
  9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope, he is part of the reason they are in the position they are now by buying mediocre players when he was there, he’s also part of the reason of no one wants to go there now, compared to the Fergie years, mediocre before he got there, mediocre whilst he was there, mediocre now, it’s fantastic

10. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi and some of the stars who have been convicted of tax evasion and according to immigration lawyer Andrew Osborne may be barred from entering England after Brexit.

https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/809061

11. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo 2 goals short for his 700th goal

Excape Goat, Aensensen and Lyra repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    What I see is a heavily pro-Mourinhista doing everything he can to spin Mourinho's stay into a success while ignoring Mourinho built that team. He is the one who pressed for Pogba. He is the one who demanded most of those shitty players.

I don't know what it is about the people who worship that man and why they can't concede his failures or shortcomings.

The level of hypocrisy is otherworldly. For example they will obliterate Zidane for not playing youth or not allowing creativity (both absolute bullshit) yet turn around and say they want Mourinho to replace him when he is literally the last manager known for creativity or youth play and development.

Cult like shit.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1181664944342884353 is not a valid tweet id

14. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing new, it's either being reposted or he already said it like 4 times.

15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just in case you didn't know, Odengaard wants to complete his 2 year loan at La Real

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you sure about that? I'll have to double check it
    EDIT: Holy shit, you know what? I think Odegaard wants to be at Sociedad for 2 years :eek::eek:

madridista_hr, AriGold and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No Dembele for the Clasico

18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good. He's a moron but he's fast and trickery and makes space for Suarez and Messi.

SayWhatIWant and Anon. repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably the best thing for him, hopefully he grows more as he gets to play often in a relatively good side and by the time we’re ready to bring him back there should be more than ample room in the squad in the midfield to fit him in, as surely by then we would be well into the process of completely refreshing that area of the team so hopefully no one to block his path to playing regularly for us, that is, if he has kept his form up of course

20. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Won't have an impact anyway. We've been doing a superb job nullifying Barca's threat over the years, but the Clasico's were still generally decided by random, but incredibly lethal, finishes of Suarez or Messi.

Anon. repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree. Certainly those two have had their way in the past, but i do think this suspension makes a difference. Griezmann Suarez Messi hasn't worked nearly as well as Dembele Suarez Messi on the field. Antoine clogs up the middle space and is way less effective out wide, hindering Leo and Luis.

SayWhatIWant, Stiliyan and Icalldibbs repped this.
  22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    These are Mourinhos signing at Man Utd that I can remember

Mkhitaryan, Zlatan Pogba Lukaku Fred, Matic, Dalot Bailly, Lindelof Grant, Alexis

How many of these signings are currently usable for Man Utd at this point. Or even when Mourinho was there
    It's almost like the 400M was just thrown down the drain

Many make fun of Pep for spending a lot, but a lot of his signings have been very good

Serengeti_Boy and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  23. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    I don’t think it’s fun we are making at Pep. Simply that you cannot judge him without reminding people about the amount of money he has spent to make his city “click”. All for just like 3 prem titles... not even a CL finalist.

Now, Peps signings have been very good, regardless of the fact that manu have botched the last like 15 transfer seasons.

24. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Of course it makes a huge difference. Mabey not directly but the whole match can be prepared differently if you know that Dembele won’t play. For both teams.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I could actually see this coming when the rumors about Griezman going to Barca started. I had no clue where he was going to fit with Messi and Suarez on the pitch. He is not a 9 and not a winger.. he is false 9 /SS type of player who in my opinion does not work well with Messi’s team.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.