The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Liverpool have team full of beasts.
    A guy like Milner seldom gets mentioned but he helps the team in so many ways

Modric-87 repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Klopp gets the most use out of mediocre players with good athletic abilities than any other coach out there. He gave Groskreutz a career really. Which is pretty incredible.

Lyra, Raumdeuter and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What impresses me the most is when Wolves have the budget of a top 4 Serie A side yet get treated like an underdog feel good story.

Shay Z, ahnaf, Saeta Rubia and 5 others repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1181185897032798208 is not a valid tweet id

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well if that is known by fans then the players should certainly have been somewhat aware as well when making their decisions no?

Maybe they were “premature” and got rid of too many of their goals way too early beating us 7-3 in preseason, should have saved some of those for when it really mattered, long may their goal drought continue

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm quite sure the "I'll prove you wrong" vibe they get is part of the allure.

Digital repped this.
  7. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Simeone is done at Athletico. His x2 final appearances in UCL and 1x liga are hos best days. Now he's washed up.

8. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s way too early to definitively say that...

verde-rubro, ahnaf, Aensensen and 2 others repped this.
  9. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Yeah but he would be available for the Barca match... which is what they are being “rested” for.

10. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    As much as I despise him, I think atletico will take a step forward and like a mile backward when he leaves.

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z, Doni and Modric-87 repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane05 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's because they play in EPL,not serie A where one would expect them to dominate. It's been just a couple seasons they've been promoted from the championship and they're already competitive enough to cause trouble to top 6 clubs playing in the same competition with proportionately higher budgets

BocaFan repped this.
  14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’re the opposite of Sevilla in this regard funnily enough. We’ve been doing better at the Camp Nou than at the Bernabeu against Barca, which is strange really.

15. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
  16. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    You talking about Zizou and LV ?

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  17. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    What? No.
    I don't like the guy and wouldn't want him within perimeter of this team, but where does this notion come from. It's not like those UCL final appearances are a decade ago. As far as I see it, he has been more competitive in UCL than say pep, and even klopp before last year. That is not to name a countless other coaches who are considered top coaches

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, Lucas is better.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can't help but feel like Simeone has peaked. He made it to two CL finals, that was probably the hottest he'll get at Atleti. Problem is rebuilding the same culture elsewhere will take years and he will not get that much time to do it.

Digital and Bear Crotch repped this.
  20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Except they have 4 CL goals in 2 games. Not bad and seems to suggest its just a matter of time before they start scoring in "easier" La Liga games (at least back to the normal Simeone-Atleti level).

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  21. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Sure theyre not scoring, but theyre not losing either

22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    A wolf has got eat sometime

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll give you the 2 goals vs Juve, but in what world is Lok. Moscow any sort of standard?

Bayern went and whooped Tottenham with 7 goals and then came back home and dropped points to Hoffenheim.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, after playing Juve one might expect a bit of a let down 3 days later against Celta. Likewise after traveling all the way to Moscow for a big game. Had they scored in those two Liga matches, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

So yeah, maybe a tad premature writing off Simeone because of 2 league matches played after midweek CL games.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not focusing on this season alone. I think Atleti have found their level and are not moving up or down. I kind of get the vibes of how Valencia used to be. Got far in the CL twice, then remained in top level football for a while before it slowly fizzled out.