The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't believe he actually said that. The parentheses is likely put in by the website. Perhaps we can find a video of the presentation?

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

PSG confirm they will be without Neymar, Mbappe, and Cavani.

Nonetheless, we should not underestimate them.

I expect a lineup like:

Di Maria, Icardi, Sarabia,
    Verratti, Herrera, Paredes

Anon. repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We should have taken the Juve transfer rumors from a year ago and ran with them.

We would have Reguillon and Mendy competing right now, instead of Marcelo holding on by default.

I love the player and really want to see a happy ending too.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eh, he is talking about his contract running out.

Even today if you check Spanish Sevilla forums they discuss whether he extended his contract or not after those comments. He never confirmed anything.

Most Sevilla fans are angry because they feel like unless Mendy or Marcelo has an incredible season, Florentino will make sure he brings Reguilon back considering how good he's been so far. The extention hasn't been confirmed and Sevilla as a club remain optimistic, but people feel like it might be too good to be true.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm more concerned about having a player like that and sending him out on loan to begin with. We really need to work on how we matriculate youth into the squad considering nearly all of our strategy at this point is buying the best extremely young. If we can't effectively transition them into the squad this will be a huge waste of resources.

S1na, Stiliyan, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  6. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    A good start would be hiring a real manager for Castilla to actually get them promoted instead of using Castilla as a place to get old friends new jobs in the organisation.

Castilla has been extremely poor for a while now considering it's funding. With Castilla promoted we could actually use the youth properly.

temesgen, Doni, Oscar and 2 others repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Oh? I saw several sources claim that he renewed, if he himself said that he didn’t the. I guess that’s the truth.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He didn't say "RM contract" until 2020. What we know is that he is at Sevilla for one season and looked to me that he was talking about that. Journos close to RM have been talking like he's still very much a RM player for upcoming years and excited about his performances at Sevilla. Also it's against basic logic club has shown till now to let a talented player leave for free next summer via loan deal.

Stiliyan repped this.
  9. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You have to remember the only logic that matters is the logic that if one can be negative one shall be negative.

Drouchk and Stiliyan repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously.

If you haven't seen the trend it is to latch on to anything negative or spin anything negative and parade it as fact.

All the while mocking positivity or making light of any accomplishments.

Dude hates Zidane. He literally became the posters he mocked a year ago who would come to game threads hoping we lose.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was literally asked if he's thinking about his plans given that his contract is running out in 2020 at his presentation.

There's a chance that he renewed a month later when it was reported, but during his presentation, he actively talked about knowing of the contract situation.

Jesus. There's some amazing clutching at straws here.

The entire article is about it.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Reports about his renewal came out in April. How's he gonna renew with Real Madrid a month after his Sevilla presentation? There was also an article that he renewed before joining Sevilla on loan. I think you are clutching at the straws with the same argument you had about Odegaard contract situation which turned out to be false. As if Florentino will make a dumb mistake to loan out a talented player on his last year of the deal when he has been careful with these things with James, Odegaard etc.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/04/02/5ca265b1e5fdea66048b4626.html

https://tribuna.com/en/realmadrid/news/3416920/

Drouchk and Icalldibbs repped this.
  13. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we're going to not believe in direct quotes at the players presentation any more im removing myself from this discussion. Bye.

15. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    When I read his statement, I don't see it as referring to RM contract. I actually don't even see him saying 2020. Contract year end (2020) is put in brackets by journalist which is typically used for parts of the sentence that were not part of original statement but an addition by the journalist.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  16. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019

Emotional piece from Ronaldo, truly a role model in all aspects. That rape allegation really affected him and I felt really bad for him after seeing how it affected him.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Cristiano said the same thing and a lot of our fans went bananas.

ahnaf and 4x4s repped this.
  18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Good reminder for us parents, I try and make every event my kid is involved in, everything.

It's not easy but seeing that is a good motivator, it matters. Kids can't always articulate what they need or or even show appreciation for what we do, but it's still important to show up.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's a disgusting way to appease fans. I hate it when players kiss the badge at Real Madrid presentations as well. Be professional, get attached later. Nobody is believing this nonsense right from the jump.

Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yoanaidarov, Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's absolutely insane, I can't believe whay I'm reading. 4 years!

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, i knew it was bad but i didn't know it's this bad.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Barca + CL away game is mostly associated with huge upsets in the past few years and I'm not sure I'm willing to give Suarez the exclusive blame for that one. He still puts up good numbers but like every other player, he's getting older.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Actually, he never said his contract ends in 2020. That was inserted by the publisher of the article, which is why it is in brackets; basic journalism rules.

The direct quote was "I know when my contract ends, and I'm focused 100% on Sevilla.

The contract renewal was done before he went on loan, and it was reported as such.

Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8 and Hsain85 repped this.
  25. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would be surprised if we let him out on loan without extending his contract to beyond the end of this season, what would be the point of loaning him out if not?

Saeta Rubia, Ahmadi8 and Hsain85 repped this.