The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hazard has a strong case to be top 5 ever since the World Cup. He was easily the best attacking player of the tournament. Had a great individual season with Chelsea carrying them to top 4 with the likes of Pedro, Willian, Giroud as supporting cast. None of those players would start for City, Pool, Arsenal and Spurs.

J-Mezzy and Anon. repped this.
  2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes but Productivity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Skills. Keep up man.

3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I am not comparing them.. someone else was. The post YS quoted me on made no reference of Hazard.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Marcelino fired by Lim, anyone think Mourinho might be approached? Italy and France dont seem likely as options for Mourinho, Bayern is a possibility but apparently their board hate him, and cant see him going back to England so soon. Valencia is a team who would appreciate him even if he doesnt bring immediate success, something he was vocal about, and with how much influence Mendes has over there, its nots that unlikely.

verde-rubro repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They have appointed Celades already. He went to Singapore to meet Lim and is represented by Mendes' partner so doesn't seem like an interim appointment. Mou won't take that job imo. Clown owner who doesn't spend much and no chance to compete against the top 3. Marcelino did a great job finishing 4th twice and winning CDR. Now Lim and Mendes back in control even after Valencia finished 12th twice when they were running the show.

Aensensen and Anon. repped this.
  6. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dunno man, Celades has 0 coaching experience at the top level, seems like a temp option to me.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Then again Lim is the same guy who appointed Gary Neville because he was his business partner. Mendes connection is probably enough for Celades to get a multi-year deal.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

MiamiNative0722 and temesgen repped this.
  9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I like the way Inaki has been welcomed into that community even if I have real questions about some of the behavior/attitudes in that community, his story suggest it can change.

MiamiNative0722 and Zidane05 repped this.
  10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Firing Marcelino is a big mistake and reeks of Mendes influence. He really improved them as a team and even got them their first trophy in a long time.

HZinho and temesgen repped this.
  12. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019

Yeah but in all seriousness, there is this thing called hindsight and it’s completly ridiculous to compare both transfers. We can all play the opinión game, but in my opinion, anyone thinking before the summer that 120 spent on Joao Felix was sane, is insane.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #10988 robnycus, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Only someone who never saw Felix and the type of goals he was scoring last season would call it insane.
    And if they did, they concluded that he would not replicate that performance in a better league and as he got older.

I am not comparing him to Hazard. I believe he was a good buy for us, a year or two too late for my preference, but it was very clear that we needed a player like him, who is one of the best in the world, asap..

Expensive yes, I give you that.. but not insane.

14. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do we know if Navas might start for PSG vs us in the CL?

If that's the case he will be super motivated to keep a clean sheet.

15. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    #10990 Icalldibbs, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Your comparing transfers. At the beginning of the summer I would have said Hazard for 100 was better than Joao Felix for 120, and after 3/4 la liga games, (in which hazard did not even play) I wont be changing my mind. Have I been surprised by him since he joined AM, sure. Besides, we already have like 10 potential wonder kids to worry about developing. I’m ok to put Joao Felix on that list where Agüero, Torres, are.

16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I am not. That was someone else.
    I think both were good transfers.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @Ayayain

Lovely ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is ironic. Last time we played PSG they were encouraging as many ultras to attend the game.

Pathetic club.

19. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Quick question guys who is I charge of the modes on BS

20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Already told you about the Ultras in Paris.

1/ they are a very little minority of PSG fans amongs the tons they have in France.

2/ They are like the good (bad) ol' ULTRAS.

At RM we dealt with those kind of people, and we feel perfect without most them around.. PSG did under Leproux, and will do it again if necessary.

I just checked the usual PSG places after reading your post, and as expected, 90% of the PSG fans are already trashing the Ultras in the case that they start their sh*t again tomorrow.

LEquipe, and LP also relied that PSG will deal with them if they trash Neymar.

It isn't about Neymar only you know. I read a lot of comments about people that are done with that old way of supporting their team.

I don't have time to attend games in live anymore, but as a family man, I don't want to have to deal with people yelling insults nor with ill intended banners if I ever attend football games with my daughters (which will not happen since the wife is not into football but that's for the sake of the discussion).

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know. But still funny to see it play out.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I remember a PSG promo video featuring some ultras with some war message for the return leg. :ROFLMAO:

23. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Japanese Wizard starting tonight for Real Mallorca.

Edit: Ooops my bad! He is not!!! :(

24. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Kubo coming on. 30 minutes. If he can get that every game....good loan.

25. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Kubo! nice move and wins the penalty!