The Art of VAR - Other Teams Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Apr 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oriol Domenech, a very reliable source for Barcelona news, said that they are close to signing De Ligt for 74M. The only problem is the very high commission asked by Mino Raiola. United are apparently offering more, (to him, to Ajax or to the player... :D?)

Seriously, i would pass on Pogba just because of this buffoon.

2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why aren't we all over this guy? 70M for Sane is a steal

Shay Z repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    City are apparently asking for 100M+. The 70M price tag comes from Bayern i guess.

4. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Wauw, even 100 ME for Sané is not so much in this market. The guy is so fast, scores and gives assist. A complete winger IMO. Would be great business for Bayern and really stupid from City if they sell him.

Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  5. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We should be but actually we need a right winger

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The rumors are the he has attitude issues and Pep can't deal with them. Sane has allegedly had some issues on the national team as well (arrogance, refusing to listen to senior members of the team for example) but I guess Bayern would like to gamble on it.

Anon., Prit Javier and Eddie repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Also something to consider: City will most likely just get Joao Felix this summer and finance him by pushing Sane to whoever covers the cost.

Anon., Saeta Rubia and Prit Javier repped this.
  8. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Yeah, I heard those rumors too. But based on his qualities it would be a good transfer. He needs someone who can manage him properly, in and outside the field. He seems not as such a trouble maker as Dembélé for example.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The idea isn't that he's slacking, he's a hard worker, he apparently just thinks he's like Neymar, Mbappe and should be getting the focus, the playing time, the amount of shots.

Only the guys that work with him know for sure but Bayern didn't really know how to deal with Boateng and Sane is very much like him as a person.

Prit Javier and ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would honestly take 100 million Sané, over 100 million Hazard. His problems with the German squad worries me more than not being loved by Guardiola, who is a headcase himself. But those seem to have been resolved considering he's playing for Germany again with the same coach.

I'm not getting into a "but Hazard is 20x the player Sané is!!" discussion. Sané is 23 vs Hazard's 29, Hazard is in his last year of contract yet we're still paying the grand prize for him. Wether you think one of them is better than the other: Sané is a quality player who could easily be our main leftmid player for the next decade or so.

We should be jumping on this if City are trying to offload him. I don't think we will because we've got our eyes glued on Hazard (not a bad player either) but we should imo.

11. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He is the best caliber of player we can get in his age range. Plus, he's German. Still not convinced he'll leave City, but if he were available we should gamble, whatever the cost imo.

Shay Z and 4x4s repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We already have two LW`s. Can he play as RW?

Prit Javier repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. It's the more sensible transfer by a mile, but as you said, we're very much fixed on Hazard.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really, but he's at this point so much of a better solution that not including him is considered absolutely ridiculous.

15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Getting him would stagnate Vinicius/Rodrygo. I would rather avoid a situation where we don't maximise those two potential of succeeding.

That being said, 100 mil Hazard is a hefty price.

16. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    And why did we buy Vinicius? Hazard is the perfect solution for the next 3-4 years so Vini can take his place at 21-23. Sané is a very good player but it would make no sense, or he has to play on the RW but we already bought Brahim and Rodrygo.

17. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Sane is one of my absolute favorite players to watch, and he is probably the most gifted natural wingers ( not to be confused with the cut in and shoot type inverted wing forwards ) out there but everything indicates he’s a headcase, i wouldn’t be too concerned if his issues were limited to just Pep but Low thought he was a shit head as well, heck even our very own Toni Kroos questioned his attitude publicly.
    It’s a gamble.

Kroosinator, Halycon, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3 years is a very long time and no player will sit them out.

19. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xavi retires from professional football

20. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    I think Vinicius is smart and patience enough to wait. Starting at the biggest club in the world at the age of 21 is still very good and he still needs a lot to be a starter (when we actually have good players). I’m sure he will get enough playing time the coming seasons (if ZZ likes him:D).

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seeing others bypass him in the national team while he eventually stagnates and falls behind will not help.

Personally I think he won't accept a bench role and make life for plenty of players hard. We might be looking at another Navas situation.

22. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern dealt with Robben Ribery and Lewandoski who aren't choir boys either.

Bayern was fine with Boateng until his football abilities started to wane

Anon. repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., MiamiNative0722 and Prit Javier repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And his performances started to wane when he lost focus a bit. Magazines, fashion, flights to other countries in the middle of the week.

I think Sane would be a full success at Bayern but I can see why Pep wouldn't be able to deal with him.

Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saeta Rubia repped this.