The Arsenal vs. Everton: Premier League Matchday 26, 3 February 2018

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Jan 31, 2018.

1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    With an attacking 3 of Skhi, Ozil and Auba, its more palatable to carry Iwobi as a glue player if he's doing hard yakker

ArsenalMetro and thebigman repped this.
  2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jitty any midfielder answers in Germany? Sahin playing well? Woeful obviously is expensive are any Bayern cms available? I have not watched any bundesliga this year

3. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol

If you watched that match and thought Iwobi was just doing grunt work, then you didn’t really watch the match.

4. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That explains Drake

Careful bud you're stepping on BigHMW's turf right now

danielh, thebigman and BIGHMW repped this.
  5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Super Llama repped this.
  6. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well not quite, so you're safe. :)

I can't f***** sing a note to save my life, sometimes running out of gas in the middle of a song trying to replicate the overlaps in the studio versions of certain songs.

But, at least I DO NOT use auto-tune (like Drake does in some of his recordings) or lip-sync during a performance. Keep it real, no fakers allowed in this business.

and BTW:

Cindy Margolis > Rhianna

NorthBank and Super Llama repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Is there anything more cringeworthy than these fan songs?

8. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hell yeah, maybe you and bigman could do a cross feature? Bigman could sing the hooks?

Oh come on man not this again

DaPrince84 repped this.
  9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can rap song and dance when required for a small fee

10. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I made Cindy a Philadelphia Eagles jersey for the Super Bowl and sent to her on Twitter and she replied to me after the game!!! She is quite a great person to deal with if you don't go overboard, and yes, I AM currently trying to get her to become a Gooner for the rest of the season, and hopefully to join all of us here on the Arsenal forum right here on Big Soccer!!! :)

Super Llama repped this.
  11. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are both the Eagles jersey I made for her for the Super Bowl and also the home Arsenal strip I did as well. Eagles.jpg

Cindy Margolis Arsenal Shirt a.jpg

Super Llama repped this.
  12. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Haven't read the whole thread, but my thoughts are that the new boys fitted in really well in a quick-passing pacy game that had Everton clutching at thin air for the most part. It was a really encouraging performance from the Ozil-Mkhitaryan-Aubameyang triumvirate up front. The pace Aubameyang brings to the front line is great, to see him just run away from the Evreton defence while dribbling the ball will give many teams pause for thought.

I wasn't down on too many of the players, everyone played fairly well. However, I don't think the defensive frailties can be overlooked. Xhaka looks too slow in the midfield, if he and Ramsey are going to play in there then we need someone with a bit more defensive nous and who can cover the ground quicker. Mustafi is still too rash, better strikers will give him the runaround. Kolasinac looked like he was drunk when he came on. Poor passing, bad positioning and not even backing in and getting off the ground for the Everton goal, I can only hope Monreal is fit for Saturday.

Still unconvinced by Iwobi although he played okay, I'd prefer Wilshere in that position of our current squad.

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair points all. Kola has to be one of the very biggest disappointments for me. I can't figure out what happened to him. He showed so much promise and demonstrated quality when he showed up. He seems to have taken 2 steps backwards. If we lose Monreal to something serious, we're either going to be in a heap of trouble, or Kola is going to have to snap out of it.

One other thing I've been thinking since I saw the lineup 15 mins before KO... Wenger showed some decent balls to bench Laca and start Auba after just a few days at the club.

There were so many people saying they couldn't imagine a way to get Ozil, Mhki & Auba on the field together, but it worked out well. And with Wenger's reputation for coddling players and not bruising their egos, I pretty much expected Laca to start and Auba to replace him at 60'.

In hindsight it's easy to say "of course Pierre was always going to start... he's our bloody all-time record signing". But I don't think the decision was that clear cut.

And I give the boss credit for the XI he picked. Yes he can be a stubborn old geezer sometimes, but it's not like he doesn't show some flexibility, both in personnel and in systems.

14. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It really didn’t really require a rocket scientist to know that these three can play together

15. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #115 NorthBank, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    I won't disagree with that. But I can't tell you how many notable pundits and members of this forum said how they were challenged to see how to make that work.

Edit: scratch that! I just realized it wasn't those 3 combined, but those 3 plus Lacazette.

16. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    The Yanited one some chode did on youtube as a response to the Salah song might be the worst thing on the internet than Friday by Rebecca Black.

Big Man, 2 plus 2 is 4 minus 1 thats 3 BIG MAFFS!

thebigman repped this.
  17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Man like Biggs

18. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry if you glimpsed an errant post of mine about the next match, which I have since deleted. I thought UEL picked back up this week... nope.

19. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I did! Busted.

NorthBank repped this.
  20. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club: