The Arsenal v. MANchester United Regional Establishment, Saturday December 2 2017, 1730 GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, Nov 30, 2017.

1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose it’s per 90 but he doesn’t always play a full game so I guess I missed that bit I. The first colum

I think it would be good to find out where thto are stars came from and how reliable they are? U need to watch the matches as well for context

2. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No one who looks at numbers has ever said that you don't need to watch the matches. You obviously do: we don't root for spreadsheets, after all. But numbers tell us things that our eyes don't see.

I think Elneny sucks too, and the data presented doesn't change my mind. But it tells us where Elneny doesn't suck, which confirms my impressions: Elneny doesn't give the ball away, is great at making himself available, and always makes the safe pass.

Tonerl repped this.
  3. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This actually doesn't say anything about Mustafi's passing.

Taken on its own, 9.2 bad passes per 90 isn't great for a center half. That's neither here nor there, however. My point that he attempts far too many ambitious long passes stands, and most of them wind up somewhere in that 9.2 per 90.

If I think about it when I have time, I'll look at his long passing data from his time at Arsenal and report my findings. From what I remember when I had a gander sometime last year, it wasn't pretty.