The Arsenal v Doncaster Rovers [EFLC]-20 Sep 2017-Match Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Sep 18, 2017.

1. 88AgentS

88AgentS Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chambers went off at halftime, with a injury ( not long-term). Dasilva came on and looked pretty solid. Can play left back, but not yet ready for prime time.

I have been and I'm still excited for AMN and Reiss Nelson BUT you gotta play them in their positions. AMN is not a left back, play him at center mid. Nelson is not a right back, play him in the top 3.

2. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It was Doncaster.

Aaron d repped this.
  3. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If Jack can learn to be unspectacular and workman like, he might have a future at a CL club.

4. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Sorry, I completely abandoned this thread; it's been a busy week.

Yes, that's Jezza. He's from Doncaster, apparently.

I thought BeIN still had the rights as well; I hadn't heard anything about the League Cup changing hands.

The constant rotation of sponsors gets annoying, and the Carabao logo is one of the ugliest things in creation.

NorthBank repped this.
  5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
  6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, playing them in their natural/comfortable position helps a lot. But the mistakes I noticed from AMN & Nelson seemed more generic footballing mistakes from what I recall. E.g. ill-advised, poorly executed backpass to keeper by AMN, and poor man-on-man defensive positioning/jumping by Nelson.

That said, in no way am I writing them off. I've seen some bright spots from both of them in other games, maybe more so from Neslon? Just didn't notice many yesterday. They looked like they're still "in development". And it was a 3rd tier side they were playing against.

Final disclaimer, I was streaming the match on a 2nd screen while I was "working" so I have to admit if they played better at other times, or in other ways, I may have just missed those.

88AgentS repped this.