The Arsenal v. Burnley, Premier League Matchday 18, 22 December 2018

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Dec 21, 2018.

1. maskito

maskito Member+

Arsenal
    Jan 14, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all the hard fouling, I was thankful that Xhaka seemed to be one of the “cooler heads” throughout the match. Overall, feel like Granit was our best defender in the match, which isn’t saying a whole lot, but is meaningful in some regards. (Leno didn’t have to do much, and the conceded goal wasn’t his fault, imo.)

Was disappointed Torreira didn’t make a bigger impact on the match once he came in. Earlier in the season, he was a huge “impact sub”, and I expected similar results.

Pleased with Ozil’s performance and putting in a full 90, but worried about his back pain or some sort of conditioning issues. After Iowbi’s goal, the players were huddling up, and Mesut had stepped back from the huddle and was bent over with hands on his knees. Hope that’s not a bad sign

NorthBank repped this.
  2. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I think he was just gassed

on that counter i noticed neither Iwobi or Ozil were really at full sprint - they'd be working very hard till that point

maskito repped this.
  3. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kolasinac was doing the same thing. He hasn't played much, so I think it was just being tired

maskito repped this.
  4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Xhaka's restraint from petulance is greatly improved from a year or two ago.

Torreira's body needs a break I think. Unfortunately that's not an option until later in Jan.

Ozil is a crap shoot these days. But he might get a rest if the coach doesn't fancy him for one of the "tougher" games. I'd guess Pool might be one of those. Not sure about Brighton.

5. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sokratis is Barnes’ dad.