The Arsenal FC Women's Team Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by yossarian, Sep 13, 2019.

1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A team this good deserves its own thread, so I decided to start one. Discussions of Miedema, Nobbs, van de Donk, Little, et al., smashing their way through England and Europe can be posted here.

Also, I don't know how many of you subscribe to The Athletic, but they have a great article about Joe Montemurro up right now. I won't paste since it's behind a paywall, but check it out if you're so inclined.

maskito and cooper7d7 repped this.
  2. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll admit, I did tune in to watch the Dutch ladies play during the WWC to see some of the Arsenal ladies in action.

Are the Arsenal ladies games ever televised anywhere?

3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of their matches are streamed on BT1 and other sites, but, unfortunately, I think it's pretty tough to find televised matches, especially in the States. I'll let @thebigman or anyone else in Ingerlund chime in on that if I'm wrong.

4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 NorthBank, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Well done @yossarian for starting this thread! Following in Tim Stillman's footsteps I see. ;)

I've kept an eye on the ladies progress in recent years, catching occasional highlights on Arsenal.com or on TV via Arsenal World or Arsenal 360 shows... which sadly GolTV stopped airing this season. :(

As for watching their matches live, I think Arsenal.com may stream some of them live (but I'm not sure I've ever tried) but certainly offers highlights.

AND I heard on one podcast that the FA's website is streaming all WSL matches? I haven't actually tried that out, so I don't know if they're all actually live-streamed or just post-match highlights, but here's a link https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league

Edit: I just watched highlights on FAplayer of our home opener vs WHU. We just squeaked out a victory... they hit the woodwork twice near the end. The video production quality was fine, except no scoreboard/clock displayed.

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it’s just bt sport maybe? Not sure tbh I have the sky mobile app and stream all the other games I want to watch

yossarian repped this.
  6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlights of the CL match against Fiorentina

7. NorthBank