The Arsenal Bigsoccer Reunion: Madrid 2017

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by HomeatHighbury, Mar 25, 2017.

1. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    BigSkizz, MixMasterMatt, and I are together in Madrid this weekend, having beers, watching La Liga 2, and remembering hilarious Arsenal Bigsoccer stories and people.

My favorite: BlueNGooners epic post.
    But how I miss Lanesra.

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rip to the big man

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading your post made me wonder if there was a hidden meaning in there. A la Sgt.Peppers and "I buried Paul". ;)

p.s. I still have very fond thoughts of when I joined this board and the likes of RickB & BigSkizz were doing their ticket allocation magic. And I ended up realizing a last-minute dream of returning to Highbury after decades away, but before the bulldozers came. So in April 2006 I got to see us beat Villareal, followed by WBA on DB10 day... what a great trip that was! As far as I'm concerned, all yous guys are welcome back here any time you like... Homeat included! Sadly for Lanesra that ain't so likely.

thebigman repped this.
  4. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    It's been a year or so since he passed as well. I poured one out for him at the clubhouse in September.

5. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hey up, Nick!

I just got back from Costa Rica, so didn't see this until now, but if you're all still there*, make sure to tell Aaron I said hey.

... and Matt, too, I suppose, though I've never actually met him. :thumbsup::whistling:

*edit: er ... 'in Madrid this weekend' means probably not. anyway, whenever you speak to him, give Skizz my best.

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Was in Marrakech with Matt until yesterday, and now back in the UK with Aaron going to Maidstone v Barrow in an hour or so.

Hope Costa Rica was good! Great to hear from you, Pook. Been way too long.

The three of us with a hello from Madrid last weekend!

Attached Files:

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 NorthBank, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Man that sounds GREAT. I really miss the simple, less commercial football world, the way it was when I first hooked up. If Maidstone is a little old-fashioned ground where you stand on terraces, I envy you. I'm getting more than a little bit sick of the over-the-top EPL.

Enjoy.

8. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Preach on, Rich. I usually just do Spurs when I'm over and then lower division/non-league. The Prem's a carnival.

speaking of which, I did Alajualenses v Belen last Saturday night, followed by Puntarenas v San Ramon in the 2nd division on Sunday. If you want hype-free (but not that horrible, quality-wise) football, try the Costa Rican 2nd tier. No scoreboard ... no speakers/announcements ... no programs ... no concessions ... just four cement stands and footy. Oh, and parrots. watching football with parrots flying about was a first for me, I can tell you.

9. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late and don't know if anyone remembers them but Art'n'Sue, what a lovely couple. So nice to me when we met, I thought it was strange at first, not being used to that level of generosity.

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heard a lot about them, plus Judy from Manc. But sadly never got to meet 'em. The mid 00's... those were the days! ;)