The "Anything other than talking about bathrooms" Random Thoughts Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    ok- let me help him out - Sam. I'm gonna call you a rainy-old bastid then...

;)

btw/ I haven't even looked to see if there were replies to my posts, as I simply said what I feel needs to be said when power deranged loudmouths try to distort facts for the sake of a political stance. The facts are always, in these matters, what we should primarily deal with.

2. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Hey - believe it or not, many years ago you gave me carte blanche to write politics, but begged me to (I think it was, "for christ sakes shut up about what's wrong at LFC!")

3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Terrorism doesn't win. But why the strongest guy gets to say what is terrorism and what isn't terrorism is also a large root cause of our problems.

Scenario - and this is just off the top of my head, but let's go with it. There are dozens of these that I believe I know the right answers to, in many places around the world, but how would such a thing as this be portrayed in the US Media? Would this be different to any similar portrayal with as much leagal basis for the same type of action.

Scenario = A black guy, pissed off with his life and driven to anger by the Black Lives Matter eruption, kills a couple of cops before being shot dead in some Southern US State. The Governor of the state then proceeds to call out the National Guard who go down into the ghetto where he grew up and bull-doze his mother's house into dust.....
    Where lies the responsibility for people not understanding the moral wrong in any such action?

It lies in the financial control of media and media relations in the US. This theft of a vital functioning part of any civilized advanced democratic state leaves a void where illegal and unnecessary profit (for the sake of the growth of the capital market and the accounts of its beneficiaries alone) becomes the driving force of foreign policy. This leads to a lot of terrorism. Chile. Paraguay. Central America x5 or 6.... Indonesia. Iran, god knows how much of africa .....

And because people like me say, first let's face the truth... that then Terrorism wins. Nope. Face the fact that Islam is both (a load of bollix, IMO) and a big ********ing problem, but first we need to face the fact that we have made it worse.............

This goes for the loonies on the left and on the right.

This weekend there were marches all across the US against Sharia law (ostensibly) and there were the usual protesters against these marches as being things of hate. Both sides need to realize that a). sharia law should be marched against in any civilized country, just as Borneo-head-hunting and ancient andean child death sactifice religions would not be tolerated as acceptable religious aspirations for your neighbours. But at the same time it needs to said that the people who largely organized these marches are not just against the idea of sharia law, but also trying to foster a greater hostility towards muslims in general. The US is faltering becuae it has lost its ability to provide in the way it did post world war 2, and so there need to be scapegoats... It's a s simple as that - that's the message and mantra of cvnts like Bannon and ill-educated poseur intellectuals (sic-sic-sic) liek anne coulter....

All such things need to be looked and and addressed, in public, in rational debate, not in the sly and snide and snarling stupidities that we currently have passing for discourse.

4. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Changing Topic:

Here's a thing I don't get----

from Cyril Smith (deceased ugly fat bastard lard tub liberal MP for some Manc area)

Greater Manchester Police Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood said: "Although Smith cannot be charged or convicted posthumously, from the overwhelming evidence we have it is right and proper we should publicly recognise that young boys were sexually and physically abused."[7]

On 28 November 2012, an alleged victim of sexual abuse by Smith waived his right to anonymity in a television interview with Sky News to say that he was sexually abused by Smith at a council-run residential special school. Chris Marshall broke down in tears during his interview when describing the sexual abuse he said took place at Knowl View school in Rochdale in the early 1980s. He said that as a nine-year-old boy he was taken to a room and made to perform oral sex on Smith and one other man. Smith was a governor at the school and allegedly had his own set of keys. Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg said: "I am deeply shocked and horrified by these terrible allegations and my thoughts are with the victims who had the courage to speak out."[65]

In November 2012, Tony Robinson, a former Special Branch officer with Lancashire Police in the 1970s, said that a dossier of sexual abuse allegations against Smith which police claimed was "lost" was actually seized by MI5. Robinson said that he was asked by MI5 to send to London a police dossier that had been kept in a safe in his office which he said was "thick" with allegations from boys claiming they had been abused by Smith.[66]

In December 2012, Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk alleged that Smith raped some of his victims. Danczuk said: "There is no doubt that Cyril Smith seriously sexually abused young boys: why the CPS didn't prosecute more recently is puzzling."[67]

If this had happened to me - or if Jimmy Ugly Freak boy Saville had interfered with me while I was young, he would have been visited some years later by grown-up me with a baseball bat (maybe with a nail in it, yeah for Jimmy boy that would have been the ticket) .... I can't understand how that didn't happen to some of these ********ers ....

5. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #980 zaqualung, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

Well, for starters, International d[plomacy requires Internatioinal input, not international domineering ..... Of course if you are going to discuss why you really want to do something with other sentient governments who owe answers to their electorates, you may find that they may actually demand the truth, and not the garbage you feed your own population through a mega-agglomerated-corporate class owned media.

6. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Tell that to the family of Jean Charles De Menezes

It's worth keeping in mind that you can do no worse to any one person than kill/torture them. He's only as dead as the people at the Arianna Grande concert. Knee-jerking isn't the answer. It feeds the troughs of pigs like D. Trump.

7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I don't think anyone is saying it is an excuse. It's barbarism. Mediaeval-rtarded and belongs with Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun kind of behaviour. And it needs to be faced up to - but the kind of political dialogue where one set of crazies drivels on about not insulting Muslims, and the other side of drooling political illiterates keep baiting Islam and blaiming "liberal thought" for a problem created by mostly conservative thought and action is not going to help matters.

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Sir Niney repped this.
  9. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The tendency is to ask questions, point out inconsistencies (and never get any answers, only jingoism and platitudes.

Then afterwards you get people saying "we didn't go in there for that reason, it was because we knew a regime change to be necessary." The problems under the US constitution are that you don't get to lie about this stuff and then change your mind.

Not that I would agree with that theorizing, but in any case they never said that before going in there. It was NOT a case they ever advanced, because they didn't even have the guts to put the "shall we go to war" for motives of self interest and not uber-humanity, to the american people?

After crucifying the country for ten years and causing god knows how much suffering they then decided to say that Saddam causing suffering must not be allowed to stand....

Then with a shambolic pack of lies, and a weapons inspections chief who wouldn't play ball they decided to Fox-News demonize him and then ignore him so that hopefully the inconvenience of his truth that Iraq had no such weapons would go away.

If I'm Bill Gates and I'm going to deny aids research funding to an institute because I believe they aren't doing what they tell me they are doing, I am unlikely to exclude the opinion of the one person who knows the most about the situation.

10. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Ot the god knows how many thousands dead in car bombings since. And let's not even begin to mention the carnage from ISis ....

The kind of person who thinks the average Iraqi is better off now than when under saddam is seriously mentally ill. It's like saying Stalingrad was better off as a metropolis after the battle than before it ....

11. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

Skip the Vuitton thing! :p

12. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #987 zaqualung, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017

And that, is now, was then, and has been the point all along, usscouse. Whip up Military fervour, have a compliant press. Then smash the objective, because you know you can and anyone wanting to have a sensible debate about restraint is painted as a traitor by the loudmouths and loudfarts like Bill O Reilly, etc.

Don't dare allow any sub-editors allow reporters or newscasters to point out to the people that the 2 million people marching in London against the upcoming atrocity are doing so out of a world view that appears to be generally against US policy and more clued in to analyzing and discussing lies, lies and more lies .... etc, etc ... No - say instead thatHans Blix is lying. And then Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill ...
    Oh - and let's not forget the advice offered A good job was done keeping that out of the mainstream agenda too - "you are going to create and unstable power vacuum in the most unstable region on earth ...." Brilliant thinking Wolfie - you little gerbil bastard .....

13. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Any room with a window open in Ireland .......
    ;)

usscouse and el-capitano repped this.
  14. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
  15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL, "UK heatwave." Come on down to Dallas and let's talk heat :cool:

16. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Amen, brotha! Just finished mowing and I lost a few pounds of water weight for sure out there.

el-capitano and burning247 repped this.
  17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It hit a top of 34 (celcius) Bwahahahaha. Whinging poms.

Cry me a river. If its not in the 30's its not summer! :D

liverbird repped this.
  18. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    34? That's like 94 F. We're talking 102 in the sun with about 80% humidity here, and we'll hit 40 or more on a regular basis as we get into the middle of the summer. Gotta keep yer horse watered.

liverbird repped this.
  19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well to be fair, 94 is pretty hot for the UK (or most of Europe for that matter) but yeah, just another summer here in the Lone Star State. Now the other shoe drops when we get that rare snow storm and sub 20 degree temperatures.

Look at us talking about the weather like a bunch of schmoes

ryered and liverbird repped this.
  20. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Better than the political debates.

burning247 and SamScouse repped this.
  21. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    My point was lost with the pissing contest......I was just stating that there is always one person who over does it and ends up well done

22. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    With politics, people seem to go off a tangent, start becoming aggressive over issues beyond ones control and you always get one person that starts producing essays of nonsensical ramblings.....it's as though you haven't made contact with anyone all day and this is the one chance to get it out of the system

23. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    people don't talk politics with other people these days. they talk politics at them.

Donfather repped this.
  24. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I remember a heat wave in Liverpool once when I was a lad.

It was on a Sunday so everyone enjoyed it.

LiverpoolFanatic and el-capitano repped this.
  25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Our last summer we had multiple days over 100. We had a season pass to the Wet n Wild here- used it heaps! :)