The Americans - season 5 - FX

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very much a drama without much action.

Alberto repped this.
  2. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty sure it will end badly for her.

3. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly this was the most disappointing season of the Americans. Also, Phil has changed his attitude towards defecting. I never expected that to happen. Elizabeth has always been the staunch communist agent who never waivered, never questioned her mission. Phil has always been the more open minded spouse. Moreover, with all the things they have done and how badly things have turned out, I thought it would push Phil further over the edge to defecting.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this the show risks losing viewers. One of the things I root for is that Philip who is the most open minded and enlightened of the two, to turn, in the process, hopefully turning Elizabeth.

I have no clue what the end game to this series will be. Will Philip and Elizabeth defect? Will they go back to Russia? What of Stan? Will he capture Philip and Elizabeth. The thought of Paige and Henry going to live in the shithole that is the Soviet Union is frightening.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    My theory has always been that the last episode will feature Stan finding out who they really are but letting them go home anyway.

Though if things end badly for Philip and Elizabeth, I can see Stan becoming something of a father figure to Henry (a role he has already somewhat assumed anyway).