The American Cable Cutter Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SpencerNY, May 22, 2015.

1. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    For Fubotv users, do all of their packages include dvr? I'm thinking about signing up for their fubo latino, but their website is not clear about dvr, and I read an article somewhere about dvr being available only for fubo premier.

2. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly not anymore, playstation vue and Bein had contractual issues so no longer available on vue at any price.

3. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    To add to this question: I had read posts from a few months ago suggesting that you can only watch Fubo DVR content on limited apps or the website.

They seem to be quickly rolling out features so is that still the case? I've got a Chromecast and Roku and would be set.

4. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    New NBC Product, Premier League Pass, $50 for the season: http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06/...s-new-digital-streaming-subscription-service/

Apparently they are getting rid of the "free" non-televised "overflow" streaming matches and overflow channels.

Also, none of the televised matches will be available on Premier League Pass.

Pretty lame. Unless you are only interested in a smaller team like Brighton & Hove Albion. But then again, if they are playing Liverpool on CNBC you are screwed from a cord-cutter standpoint.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  5. DeargGerilo

DeargGerilo Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Does anyone else watch games through Kodi add-ons (e.g. on a Fire stick)? Today I was watching the UCL qualifier between La Fiorita and Linfield through a feed from RTV San Marino. Recently I got to check out the Albanian league and the Romanian second division. :D The picture quality and reliability of the stream varies but with patience and some luck you can find damn near anything.

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I watch through Kodi all the time.

I watched my Icelandic team play on Sunday :)

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which service are you using to stream on Kodi?

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  9. DeargGerilo

DeargGerilo Member

Mar 16, 2017
    #209 DeargGerilo, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    At the moment Maverick IPTV Extra seems to be the most reliable (it came as an extra when I downloaded Maverick TV). I can never get the Sports Devil add-on to work but if I access it through Maverick I have more success for whatever reason.

I click on Watch Sports Devil Live TV, then Live Sports. It'll give you a list of streaming sites (FirstRow, RojaDirecta etc), you choose the sport, and then you'll get the list of games.

Zem is still a good source but the folders with the best channel links have recently disappeared. I've also checked out cCloud TV and Halow LIVE TV which have been hit and miss. The latter seems to have less working links but the big channels in the main sports list are often in HD and without buffering (Sky Sports, BTSport, beIN etc).

Cantona and Dante repped this.
  10. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Does anyone here use Sling's Sudamericana service? If you do, are the channels all HD? And are there football matches shown on Bolivia TV?

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saying they own seven cable channels without naming them doesn't tell what teams and leagues they have the rights to.

13. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
  14. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    So, fubo tv crashed last month during the U.S. qualifier. The service crashed again tonight during south american qualifiers. A lot of unhappy people. I just wouldn't even count on them for Tuesday.

15. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Going to be out of contract pretty soon. Any of the legal cordcutting ways going well for people this season so far? I feel like PS Vue checked the most boxes at one point, but they lost beIN. Is there anything that has the ESPNs, Fox Sports, and beIN? Market is pretty thick now.

16. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sling?

17. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Thanks. Does look like the best option right now. Have my local RSN as well.

18. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I have never tried sling because I find their DVR limited for my needs. I have ps vue plus fubo spanish pack for bein. Not perfect, but it works for me.

19. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Even though I have cable through Spectrum (formerly Bright House) which carries all the channels I can ask for (including GOL in English and HD and FS+ full-time in HD in the Sports Pak), I decided to spring for FuboTV for the next month and a half so I could DVR BeIN connect matches for the rest of the season. With the 500-hour DVR I even find myself recording stuff I record on my cable DVR to have the option of viewing away from home.

Anyway, after some trial and error with my various streaming devices, I've found the Amazon Fire stick to be the best way to watch recorded matches. I have a brand-new Roku and I still get the loss in picture quality when fast-forwarding before it takes 30-40 seconds to go back to HD, but the Fire stick stays with an HD picture even when moving forward and back, and best of all one click on the FF button jumps the stream 15 seconds ahead to make watching replays very efficient. (The Fire stick is better for MatchPass as well with regard to FFing and keeping picture quality, and you can jump in 5-second increments).

So if you're using Fubo or MatchPass, I heartily recommend using a Fire stick.

daniloni and HomietheClown repped this.
  20. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Thanks for this tip. I have been using a Nvidia Shield and can only speak to ESPN3 and Fanatiz, although Fanatiz is using a tablet apk since they don't have an Android TV box app. With ESPN3 I get HD much faster on the Shield than I was getting with Roku. Usually on the Roku the opening commercial before a game on ESPN3 would be poor quality but lucikly kicked in to HD as the teams were walking out. On the shield I get HD after 3-4 seconds of a darker image. WatchESPN android app runs news headline clip options above the VOD options. This usually means headlines with spoilers. Roku never had that. So now I'm having to divert my eyes as I scan any given category. Also, I like that Roku had an "all games" option in the soccer tab but that doesn't really exist for the android option. It might exist but there's nothing of note that appears when clicking that option. On the plus side I no longer need to scroll through 30 NCAA matches to find the Europa League or International Friendly match I want to see. But now I need to know exactly what I want to watch versus being surprised to find something I didn't know was on ESPN3 that I would want to watch.

21. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this is going to be just my problem but I don't get my local FOX affiliate on Playstation Vue. just an "on demand" channel that doesn't carry live sports. I do have access to the Foxsports app but they don't show replays. And now I have heard that over half the W.C. matches will be on Fox itself. So guess I am not watching many matches since I can't watch during the day. Didn't think I could be less excited about a World Cup but they've found a way.

22. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    @socceraction How is the iptv world going lately? Is there a dominant one?

The one you linked to from before looks to be defunct or moved.

23. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    A couple of (possible) solutions -

1. Are you in a position to put out an outdoor antenna? It does not have to be large - these days digital signals are in the UHD spectrum which is very powerful. I have a 12" by 18" antenna on my roof and it gets me all the local channels. I am 22 miles from the transmitter. As a matter of fact, you could get away from one of the many indoor HD antennas they sell. Now for recording that signal there are many ways. TiVo have several devices (expensive) but there are other methods.

2. Switch from Playstation Vue to FuboTV. They likely have your local networks (all except ABC) and they have a DVR feature for every channel. It will also get you a ton of sports channels featuring soccer like NBCSN, FS1, FS2, Fox Deportes, Univision Deportes, and all 11 beINSports channels. If you switch to Fubo, I would appreciate going thru my site as a referral (please excuse the plug).

Hope that helps,
    SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Another thing to consider is that FOX Sports may still rebroadcast some of the games on Fox sports 1 or Fox Sports 2 in the evening (They just have not announced yet what their plans are.)
    With Champions League matches for instance they usually have rebroadcasts later on that evening on FOX Sports 2 and the following morning on either channel.

It will probably be a match of the day type thing though so it is a bit of a gamble as to which matches they show.

They also have not announced any online/onDemand options yet but I am pessimistically thinking they want you to purchase a Matchpass subscription for that.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Another obvious thing to do owian is to brush up on your Spanish and watch Telemundo.