The American Cable Cutter Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SpencerNY, May 22, 2015.

1. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the channel called?

2. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't include any of the ESPN channels. Additionally, GolTV and TyC require a $5 per month add on. It would be a good deal if they can come to terms with ESPN. Don't know about the DVR capabilities of the new fubo premier. I have the legacy product (as a supplement to my satellite service) and I think it allows me to have three games recorded at a time, which is fine for me, but would be completely subpar if it were my only TV service.

3. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    And TyC, while carrying the Argentina Primera, will not have Boca and River games. That alone makes the service useless for me. I would gladly pay $50 a month only for Boca games.

4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the past few years they haven't shown any Boca or River games in the league. (They do show their Copa Argentina games.) It's entirely unclear what TyC will have the rights to going forward, as the TV rights situation in Argentina is up in the air. Fox and Turner have made a joint bid for rights, as has ESPN and the US intellectual property management firm CONSOR. So it remains to be seen what happens as far as US rights.

5. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    You can get Sling TV Orange for $20 that includes most ESPN channels. I'm looking into switching from Dish (about $110 with DVR) to FuboTV Premier ($35), Sling Orange ($20) and an OTA antenna.

6. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
  7. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sling does offer Univisión and Unimás with the $5 extra spanish pack. Additionally, UDN is available both on the spanish add-on as well as on the sports add-on. I also don't know what you mean about Sling not offering Fox Sports Net. They have FS1 and Fs2. I don't think they have out of market Fox RSNs.

8. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Fox Sports Net are the regional channels. They air Sporting Kansas City and Atlanta United.

9. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do have the Fox RSNs corresponding to the market you live in. I don't think they offer out of market RSNs (as you get on the sports pack for DIRECTV for example, although the MLS games you mention would be blacked out in this example).

10. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    HomietheClown repped this.
  11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is pretty cool. I am watching Deportivo-Barca right now and it was easy to to set up.

12. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    As I continue to watch Nacional (Uruguay) and Brazil state league matches in SD on Gol, I keep being tempted to revisit some of these options but then I finally realized why the cord cutting option isn't really one for me: none of these services offer a la carte. They are mostly just mirroring what happens with cable and satellite. So if I want Gol TV with Fubo, I have to pay extra but I can't just pay for Gol. Instead, I have to first subscribe to channels that I already get via DTV and that look better on DTV than through the Roku app (or at least that was the case with Klowd). I get it that they need to bundle enough channels to make the service viable and for them to bring in enough income. But it would be nice if the services offered as pick 5 or something like that. Then I could pick GolTV and TyC in HD and just add 3 other randoms that I don't need (or 2 other randoms since I could do GolTV English and GolTV Spanish) but a la carte just does not seem to be in the mindset of any TV programming outlets other than when networks offer their own apps (e.g., Watch ESPN).

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Finally moved into a new place. We decided to go with Optimum (internet + cable). Now, would I have access to bein connect and NBC Extra with them?

Regards and thanks in advance.

14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Premier League Extra Time channels are 286 through 292 for one part of New Jersey, and I'm assuming they would be the same for all areas. They require the Optimum Preferred package, which is the level required for Fox Sports 2, Fox Deportes, ESPN Deportes, and Univision Deportes. I don't know what you would get online, but both beIn channels require the most expensive package, so if only people who pay for beIn on TV get beIn connect, your TV bill will be high to get it. I used to have Optimum, but I'm happy with Fios especially considering both beIn channels and NFL RedZone require the most expensive Optimum package.

15. MannyStein

MannyStein New Member

Jun 30, 2016
    NJ
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the answer is not complete correct. You need Optimum Preffered, so far it is correct, but with additional Sports Pack you are good to go.

16. Gyro62

Gyro62 Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Anyone with Klowdtv? How's the picture quality on GolTV HD? gave it up some months back because it was unwatchable.

17. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Has anyone on here tried out Youtube TV? You get NBCSN, ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 & FS2 and unlimited cloud DVR for $35/mo. I wish they would get BeIN. But in its absence it seems like a good deal--especially with the DVR aspect.

18. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    You get all of that including Bein on playstation vue for the same price.

19. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Which package are you on? The only package I see with BeIN is 'Core' for $45.

Is there a limit on the number of shows you can have on DVR? I know they expire after a few weeks.

Also, do you have access to the BeIn Connect channels?

20. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I think I have Core and spanish package (for bein spanish and fox deportes) and pay $40. If you are in a market where Vue carries all 4 local affiliates (abc, cbs, fox, and nbc), it is another $10 dollars per month, which I assume you are in since the starting price for you is $45.

DVR is unlimited, and the shows remain there 28 days from the last airing. You get access to bein connect, nbcsports app, espn3, and foxsports go. Some downsides are that some people find roku interface crappy, but I can live with it (not sure what your device is), and some also experience a lot of buffering (I am not one of them). They also offer 7 day free trial.

I prefer it to comcast because I get FS2, bein connect, and unlimited dvr for $80 less. Sure I have fewer channels, but I don't rally miss any of them.

21. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The advertising on their site said that fubo Premier included being able to authenticate on foxsoccer2go (as distinguished from fox sports go). Does anyone know if this is yet operational or whether they have walked back on this promise?

22. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  23. DeargGerilo

DeargGerilo Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Are we allowed to discuss streaming options through KODI Add-Ons in this forum?

If not, please just delete this post.