The American Cable Cutter Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SpencerNY, May 22, 2015.

1. Live247tv

Live247tv Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Sep 8, 2010
    The Pitch
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ivory Coast
    If you msg me and I will get you on something that most Cable Cutters would dream of. Especially those interested in Sports :)

Cheers :)

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  2. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    NBCSN as well and can also authenticate Live Extra with Vue. Closest I've ever been to cord cutting, but I've been reading that there are still kinks to work out with the interface and regional sports channels.

3. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got this just in time for the weekend. For 35 bucks get NBCSN, FS1 and 2, ESPN channels, and BEIN (30 for all of that minus BEIN). Has full DVR and has given me access to NBC's sports app and ESPN. Haven't checked the others but assuming you get it for them as well. So far very few issues running it through a PS3. Not sure how it works on Fire TV.

There are a few things, the DVR is weird and takes some getting used to, and the guide is a little clunky but those are pretty minor considering I am getting everything I had with cable at about 1/3 the price. Seems like a game changer.

4. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started my trial last night as well. Everything seems great so far on my PS3 as well. It's a big upgrade in quality and channel selection from Sling. The BeIn quality for be is better than Fubo as well. The only thing that I don't like is that BeIn Connect is not compatible with Vue as of now.

5. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone having issues when scrolling thru the guide of the Vue? When I'm scrolling the guide will jump past quite a few channels in either direction. This also happens up and down in the search function.

6. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Does anyone know if any of the Apple TV apps will have a channel covering the Copa Libertadores games? I am interested in the Boca games.

I have Fubo TV on my Apple TV and got the Spanish add on, which gives me Tyc Sports and I can watch Boca in the Argentine Primera, along with all the CONMEBOL and CONCACAF qualifiers. I think it's a great deal for $14, but unfortunately none of the channels covers the Copa Libertadores games.

7. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Boca games are back on TYC??

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see that U-Verse is going to start enforcing data caps, based on speed, but ONLY if you do not bundle the internet with DirecTV or U-Verse TV. Someone who has U-Verse internet only and wishes to keep it can either live with the caps OR pay $30/mo for unlimited internet. With that said, U-Verse TV plans start at $29/mo for new customers.

http://www.att.com/support/internet/usage.html

Oh, that stuff about "Current Monthly Data Allowance," AFAIK, they've never enforced data caps.

9. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nope. FOX has the rights to those games. Only chance is prolly PS Vue. Other than that, maybe FSoccer2GO

10. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless something has changed very, very recently, TyC doesn't show Boca or River league games. Boca and River rights are sold separately from the rest of the league. (They do show Boca and River Copa Argentina games.) FuboTV tweeted recently that TyC was attempting to get the rights to Boca and River league games. For Copa Libertadores games, you'd need a FoxSoccer2Go subscription which would give you Copa Libertadores, Champions League, Bundesliga, MLS Fox game of the week, select Scottish Premier and Scottish Championship (I'm sure the latter will be dropped next season with Rangers back in the top tier), CONCACAF Champions League, and international games shown on Fox. While there is currently no Fox Soccer App on the appleTv, you could AirPlay it from an iPhone, iPad or Mac.

11. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Fubo, looks like they put GolTV English on the "Spanish pack" to go along with GolTV Spanish, so there's now a choice of audio feeds. Still looks terrible.

12. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah having that issue as well. In general the guide is a little clunky, and makes it difficult if you want to "channel surf". Another complain it is every once in a while the feed skips back and or forwards 20-30 seconds. Only happened a few times in the 2 weeks I have had it but one of those times was during the US-Gua match on Friday which obviously wasn't ideal. Final small complaint is it doesn't appear to give you access to Bein Connect.

So Vue isn't perfect but still is a lot cheaper than cable and significantly more reliable with more channels than sling.

13. fireballil

fireballil Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Litchfield,Illinois
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fubo did that price change thing where they moved GolTv to the more expensive tier, but they now added beIn Sports Connect, where you can go to their website and sign in with your Fubo credentials and watch all their channels.

14. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Any playstation Vue feedback and impressions? I am considering my options and this looks the best option for me. For $30 i get everything but Bein and I could live with it as PL and Bundesliga are my favorites. It also has all the channels my wife watches. The biggest thing is the loss of the NHL network but I could live with it. I'm just curious about impressions, loss of service, ease of use, and using multiple devices.

15. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the $35 bundle and I really like it. I was coming from no access to Fox for the last year so BL is a treat for me. The overall product of the Vue service is not bad but has it's bugs. It all depends on how you are accessing it. I've heard PS4 and Fire TV work pretty well. I have a PS3 and it can be frustrating at times. If you don't pause the show you are watching when you go to the guide the channel selection will fly all over the place. It also will randomly rewind and pause when watching it but that doesn't happen a lot. It's also annoying that the pause button only lasts for 2 minutes. I've heard that the fire stick has problems like the PS3 but I cannot confirm that. There are times when I notice the screen stuttering while watching sports so be aware of that as well.

I know there were going to be problems with how new it is at the launch so you have to take the good with the bad. It al depends on how much a stickler you are with fine details. The 30 day trial helps.

16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  17. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I guess that would be rough for families that don't bundle, but to me the caps are pretty generous if it's just 1 or 2 people in the house. ATT now has a little page in your account where you can track your usage and looking back over several months I'm not even hitting 150 Gigs of my 350 cap.

18. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    For playstation vue people, are any of the follwing online subscriptions available with playstation vue:

Espn3
    Nbc live extra
    Bein connect

Didn't see anything definite but it looked like first two yes and bein connect no.

19. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Espn3- Yes
    Nbc live extra- Yes
    Bein connect- No :(

Bein Connect is now available thru FuboTV though.

20. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Although I had cancelled a long time ago because they could not sync the audio and video for English GolTV via Roku, I received an email that Klowd TV has ceased operations immediately. This is the 2nd service to close down (NGSN being the first). Klowd didn't have the content that NGSN had but it says something about the marketplace for low cast streaming of football matches: not enough to sustain a business.

21. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Just heard that playstation vue is now on roku. This means saying goodbye to comcast very soon.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So does this mean you dont need a playstation ?

23. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    That's my understanding. It was either playstation or amazon fire before. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

24. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Roku now has a British subscription package you ad $1.99 a month. All BBC and ITVs included. Definitely a different flavor for the Euro's

Great value

Cantona---