The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, let me find some other game until that proves a silly theory right.

Navas might or might not be the better goalkeeper, but to actually think he makes our defense better is nonsense. Marcelo still getting caught out of position, Nacho still covering the offside line, Varane still too slow to turn.

But yeah, as soon as they see Navas' shiny haircut, they all come together like Voltron.

My word.

2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He conceded Under less than one goal per game .. Courtois ~1.6 goals per game.
    There is your proof.
    Navas was making some of our guys look better than they were.. under an average keeper they’ll get more exposed.
    Varane has been bad for two seasons now..and Nacho is no Pepe.

3. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
  4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that sound like one bad advice he got...

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3 CL and a la liga tell a different story.

Keylor is a much better fit and already has developed an understanding with his teammates, that its not even an argument who would be better between him and Courtois.

Its not even debatable that Keylor would improve the teams performances even make individual players look better than they are.

Anyone saying anything different has either never watched a Real Madrid game with those two playing or simply isn't knowledgeable of the sport.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like how people here throw that sentence around all the time. Yes, somebody that devotes a big part of his time and money into following the club (some across multiple age levels and sports) has never watched the team play.

It's my favourite along with "you know nothing about football".

-Reivax- repped this.
  7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is holding a presser at 5:30pm Madrid time.

8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Either he’s saying he wants to go but not being forced out or he’s saying he wants to stay and retire with Madrid.

Probably the latter.

9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    from what I caught, he is staying.
    he even said that if he was the president he would not allow himself to move for free :)

10. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For that 92:48 he can do anyting :D

Raul_Madrid repped this.
  11. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It’s amazing how that moment changed the club’s trajectory. It changed everything. If that goal doesn’t happen, the roster is probably getting changed the following summer, and our players wouldn’t have the same killer never-day-die mentality they displayed the next 4 seasons. We could still be looking for La Decima FFS.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    80M net worth and dude goes making risky investments. Never could understand that. Build low risk portfolio and enjoy life.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Athletes man.

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Sergio and Rene shouldn't have leaked the China thing to their buddies in the press to begin with and Florentino wouldn't have had to address it and Sergio wouldn't have looked like a complete idiot.

Anyway, we can move on and address the more important issues we have. Sergio isn't getting any raises, he is highest paid at the club according to Florentino, and he should be happy with it since it's not about money and he would play for the club for free according to him.

This whole thing was pointless.

Lyra and Anon. repped this.
  15. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was funny watching his press and Poch's interview back to back, with both basically saying sorry Don, over and over again.

May 31 should be uncle Flo's day.

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do not know Rene Ramos before this. Is he a real agent who handles more than Sergio Ramos? I never got why anyone uses a family member to be their agent. If I were an elite player, I would hire an elite agent.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Rene represents other players including Marcelo

Excape Goat repped this.
  18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh wow..... I am impressed. He can represent me if he wants to.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos getting it from all sides today. From "pay me and I'm leaving" (he didn't deny the incident) to "I'm playing for free", Ramos has lost a lot of support.

20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They should not have done the press conference. That was why I was questioning Rene's professionalism. A few days ago, some of us questioned his loyalty, etc, but people would have just forgotten about the whole incident by next week. And I expect a lot of big news next week, regarding Hazard, Jovic, etc.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was all people were talking about at the basketball game (Real Madrid played in the playoffs, Luka Doncic, and D'angelo Russel were both there).

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe it's part of his documentary. Adds some drama and intensity to it.

Excape Goat repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which further proves the point that football players don't have an interesting story to tell in most cases.

"hey, I was born, I tried football, was kinda good at it, the end"

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He also sells fruit and veggies at the market.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Apparently, people around him didn't want him to do it, but he insisted to put the whole thing to rest. While it was extremely cringe worthy, you gotta appreciate that he's willing to kill a story that could derail a whole summer by putting himself out there.

HZinho, Eddie, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.