The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ramos is either reckless or dirty. I'd say reckless just based on the way he does everything on the field

2. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's just reckless, he's from Camas -which is like the bullfighters' paradise- and wanted to be a bullfighter but his family forbade him.

3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

HZinho, raven3k, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1779 Shay Z, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Sergio Ramos is not a dirty player. Get that shit out of here. If that's the standard of what a dirty player is then 99% of footballers play dirty.
    People in the EPL/English media bubble can't be expected to be objective about anything. Jeez.

We have people in here saying Ramos puts himself in these positions. Well what should he do? Stop defending? Over a decade ago Italian defenders who are now named as legends defended physically and people called them the best. They used underhanded techniques which Sergio could only dream of learning. English players like Keane are legends for actual thuggery. Someone already mentioned it but up until a few years ago if a foreign transfer player used to get clattered hard from the side or back or studs up (which was of course all legal and passionate and not dirty play) commentators would laugh and say "welcome to the EPL". I can go on and on. This is why I hate the British media. It's like Fox News over there. EPL is the best and the players who play in it are virtuous and righteous and these dirty foreigners play dirty and steal matches. And you have hundreds of thousands of people believing that shit. The hypocrisy is disgusting.

At this moment the campaign against Sergio Ramos could not be more evident. And its pathetic when so called Real madrid fans jump on it too while defending players of other clubs every day. But I guess that's the RMBS experience.

Serengeti_Boy, HZinho, -Reivax- and 7 others repped this.
  5. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos is easily my favorite capitan after Raul. Dude is a Real Madrid legend, and Madridistas who call him dirty are the gullible kind. Ramos is aggressive, reckless and dominant, but he is anything but dirty. People who think football doesn't have the occasional rough challenge or accident clearly don't play it enough. You don't hear footballers (other than Barca and Liverpool players with an agenda) complain about these. Most of these happen in a contact sport. If Ramos really wanted to mess someone up, he could've done worse. Utter B.S. that he tries to do this stuff on purpose. You don't go into a game trying to engineer an injury, it happens. If that was Messi, I bet some of these so called "Madridista," would give him a pass.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Any sport played by grown men has people skirting the rules to gain an advantage. Every single defender in the world does it and if they don't they are no good.

This is a completely separate issue though. The clear insinuation by English media since the Liverpool game and now others (Mexico) is that he deliberately goes in to hurt people. That's is disgusting. The captioning is "do you believe Ramos". Wtf man.

Like I said...….. the campaign against Ramos couldn't be more evident and I wouldn't be above it to call one of our own out when they did something wrong but if you agree with these idiots it means you believe that Sergio Ramos, Captian of Spain and Madrid goes out on the pitch to deliberately hurt players and then hides it and then lies about it.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All the defenders do that, it's nothing unusual in football. It was unfortunate that the guy was hurt but i've seen many Viktoria players do the same move in that very same game.

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Sergio Ramos himself has gotten busted noses and bleeding scalps over his career. Did he accuse them of being dirty. Asinine accusations.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We don't have to imagine it. Messi tackled Ramos violently in the second clasico last season. The commentator was talking about the cute friendship Messi has with Suarez and he avenged Ramos' foul on poor toothless Suarez. Awww

HZinho, PigBenis, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  10. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite the differences between reckless and intentional or willingness, it is the accumulation of Ramos just being a wrecking ball that is being latched on to.

He's one of my favorite players but there's no need to defend him on most of it, it's a contact sport and those things go both ways. It's teams like Atletico that should be the focus because in their case we are not talking about isolated incidences, we are talking about an entire game plan.

Lyra, saadomar, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Picked up a knock, set to miss the game Vs Bosnia

12. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sergio Ramos (98) is two goals away from scoring his 100th career goal: Sevilla (3), Real Madrid (78) and Spain (17).

With Real Madrid, he has scored in every competition; La Liga, Copa del Rey, CL, CWC, Spanish Super Cup and European Super Cup.

Shay Z, Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  14. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Defender with 100 goal.. something

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Football Leaks released that Sergio Ramos violated the Anti-doping law twice:
    https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/11/23/5bf8363a46163f34af8b4665.html

The club released a statement shutting this down entirely, and that everything was thoroughly investigated the matters. They requested further info, it was provided, and was deemed satisfactory.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    There is clearly an on-going campaign to tarnish Ramos' reputation. It's pathetic and transparent.

-Reivax-, HZinho, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid. It’s only illegal if a pro football player takes it orally. The club’s doctors gave it to him with via injection because of an injury. This is in no way a violation of anti-doping laws. I’m sick and tired of the media misleading people.

Deep Pal, ahnaf, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  18. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If this came out about Ronaldo you guys would have ate it up like Thanksgiving dinner. I believe it was 4x4 making jokes about how funny it would be if CR got caught up for this...

Nonetheless this German media outlet seems to exclusively attack Real Madrid & it’s players. It’s quite clear what their motives are. This shit really pisses me off & now no matter how much evidence is presented to the contrary people will always believe this fake new about Ramos. This shit sucks.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    UEFA deny that there were irregularities in the anti-doping control with Sergio Ramos

A letter from the director of WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) certified that there was no irregularity in Sergio Ramos' anti-doping controls, in the proceedings of UEFA, in the process of sampling and their subsequent transfer.

In the aforementioned letter it shows that all the controls met the required standards.

Ramos' case suggested that there was confusion regarding the treatment provided.

The Real Madrid doctors informed UEFA at all times of the treatment that Ramos was receiving (dexamethasone), which complies with all the rules.

"UEFA strongly rejects the unfounded accusations that it has concealed positive doping results, and all cases of UEFA doping control are carried out in accordance with the Code of the World Anti-Doping Agency," the letter said.

"All the cases required by the WADA Code have shown that UEFA have provided all the detailed information, expert reports and evidence during the handling of such cases."

Both AMA and FIFA have the right to appeal any decision taken by UEFA on matters of doping control before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

However, neither AMA nor FIFA submitted any such appeal to CAS and AMAitself has officially confirmed that everything was adequately dealt with by UEFA and in accordance with the Code.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/11/23/5bf8608546163f97158b4586.html

The WADA Director General's document found UEFA to have "acted according to the guidelines" after traces of dexamethasone , a substance that is not illegal, were detected in the Ramos sample , although it must be informed of its use. , something that had not been done. The football leaks platform Football Leaks released today through the German weekly Der Spiegel details of the case, after which the medical team of Real Madrid assumed the "responsibility" and UEFA considered valid the response of doctors.

https://as.com/futbol/2018/11/23/primera/1543007595_347528.html

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The irony in all of this is that Ronaldo is mentioned in the report as complaining about the testers coming in and checking him, which is also against the rules as players have no say over when they come, and the club had to defend him to UEFA. So in conclusion, take this shit elsehwere.

HZinho and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  21. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In conclusion don’t tell me what to do, I’ll say whatever the f*ck I want.

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You're funny. Keep saying what you want.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1798 Eddie, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    From what i understand the first case was only "wrong" because the doctor failed the bureaucratic procedure and put the wrong drug in the document. The drug that Ramos used isn't really a PED in the classic meaning of the words, and is allowed to be used 24h before the match day - which is what he did - but the doctor didn't put it in the documentation, an administration error really.

The second case of him showering is where people are suggesting he violated the procedure. But he showered in front of the anti-doping official (LOL) and then took the test. Der Spiegel is claiming that showering may be used to "tamper with the drug test procedure" but since he did it in front of the anti-doping guy, i don't see anything wrong with it.

As usual after winning our 3rd UCL title in a row, the headline is misleading and makes it seem look very bad for us, even i got scared for a moment but after reading it yesterday. Unfortunately there's many people *cough Liverpool fans, Egyptians, Cules, Juve fans, Bayern fans etc *cough (long cough btw) who are not gonna care to read the articles but will instead take it for granted that he's been using PED's. If anything, this article only hurt Der Spiegel's reputation for me.

Shay Z, -Reivax-, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That really says more about these "people" than it does about us.

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eddie repped this.