The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1676 Shay Z, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    I watched the Juve Netflix series last season and they showed that before every Serie A season Juventus plays a match against their B team and all fans and their families are invited in this small stadium. After the match the squad goes to Agnelli's house for dinner and he makes a little speech in his backyard. Its very informal with all the players standing around. The match has a feel of a picnic as well. They had that match and dinner the other day and Cristiano was of course there. After being 9 yrs at the behemoth institution that is Real Madrid where everything is larger than life its only natural he would find the atmosphere more "friendly" or provincial. Florentino doesn't give speeches in his backyard. He was asked a question and saying the club is "friendly" is the most vanilla of compliments. I don't see that as Cristiano taking a dig at us. But the fact that Ramos reacted like that shows that Cristiano left with a bad taste in the mouth and definitely through the back door. It's such a shame. A few years from now all this will have been forgotten but right now I understand why Sergio felt he had to clap back like that even at a perceived slight.

T2100, Deep Pal, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know about Juve, but most of our players look like really good friends and guys like Ramos and even Perez always have their back. If there's a club that resembles a family, it's Real Madrid.

So for him to say that JUVE feels like a family i think he means that Real Madrid didn't feel like one, although i doubt he really believes that, after all families don't fight at half time during the UCL final...

Deep Pal, Shay Z and S1na repped this.
  3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've gotta keep in mind that the media is going on inflate any even semi-critical comments Ronaldo will make towards Madrid. It's just drama. I do hope he doesn't take it too far but I think he is experiencing a different feeling there. Madrid supporters I don't think ever looked to him as a savior, but as a great player who made the team better. In Turin and Italy it's clear they feel he is there to bring Serie A back to prominence, so the warmth he feels reflects that. Madrid is pretty unique in that you can be the best player in the world and still get critiqued like anyone else.

Glide84, Deep Pal, AriGold and 4 others repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't know about that. This squad is different but in the past players have said that RM is more business like than other clubs which is to be expected seeing the size of the institution and the level of the players who are hyper competitive and professional. But this squad does have the best harmony and atmosphere of any RM squad I've seen in the last 15 years. Even moreso than the 07 Remontada one which had Fenomeno dragging his corpse for half a season and came together in their dislike of Capello.

Madrid is Madrid...….. no player is bigger than it and even Cristiano and his aircraft carrier sized ego felt that. In other clubs he will be worshiped which would of course give him a better "feeling". I just don't see his comment as a slight towards us. But I also don't see Ramos' response as disproportionate or over the top. What I got from it is that Ramos isn't happy with Cristiano and they way he left which is totally within the realm of possibility and that makes him a bit sensitive about anything Cristiano has to say. His RM teammates who probably see him as a friend may feel like he abandoned them especially if our squad has that "family" atmosphere that Sergio says we do.

Cristiano always said wonderful things about Manchester and it would be nice if he showed the same respect to us. A place where he reached the pinnacle of career.

saadomar and Anon. repped this.
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ramos needs to avoid these twitter wars, they are nothing but a distraction. But I on the other hand don't have a bunch of millenials to tutor on the game of life.

WRT Klopp yeah I think Ramos intended to 1) stop Salah from getting past him; and, 2) did so by dragging him down. Was it dangerous, yes. Does Ramos do it all the time, yes. Did he get away with it, yes. Does any of this matter now, no. Who cares (nobody except Klopp, Sergio, and a handful of B.S. posters).

As to Ronaldo. He probably has more insight into the club than any of us, and he probably perceived something none of us (maybe even Ramos) are aware of. Let's not pretend that their hasn't been favoritism (of which Ronaldo has been a beneficiary) or that in the there haven't been clicks (Spanish, Dutch, Brazilian,etc.). I think Ronaldo probably has cause to question decisions about managers (Mou v. Carlo) and players (Bale v. Ozil, James) and think that some people were given the benefit of the doubt while others weren't; and that's neither friendly or fair.

Also Juve is family owned and operated, so without getting into the semantics they are more like a family. Also you never here about feuds with Milan, Inter, etc., and regularly see players like Higuain, Pirlo, Baggio changing clubs where as in Spain those kind of "friendly" relations simply don't exist between Real and other clubs.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Juventus sold a player Ronaldo has a patchy relationship with once he joined them. The current holder of the Serie A goalscoring record and the most expensive transfer of the club's history until then, was pushed to Milan.

Family values.

HZinho, Hsain85, saadomar and 6 others repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Cristiano is most definitely referring to the board and president and not his teammates and manager when he made that jab.

8. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He has won everything there is to win so I can't ever hate on his shit-talking but holy crap when he is bad, he can be detrimental to the team.

9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    MiamiNative0722 and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1685 saadomar, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  11. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn we were so desperate for a defensive presence in the midfield that even Gravesen made us a lil better then

saadomar repped this.
  12. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Such a legend. Irreplaceable player. I still remember his first game in our shirt, always knew he'd become a legend.

13. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Diagnosis straight out of Massachusetts: Shoulder concussion. Because shoulder is close to the head idiots...duh. Massachusetts!!!!!!!
    Prognosis: Certain CTE.

Lmao...…. that look on that bitchass' face brought be joy.

Deep Pal, Umar, rrrrrafik and 3 others repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deep Pal, Shay Z, libertao and 6 others repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is something that has been apart of his game for a very long time. Always underappreciated. When it's all said and done for him, he'll go down as one of the greatest to ever play that position.

ahnaf, raven3k, J-Mezzy and 8 others repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So will Modric, Marcelo, Cristiano...

All players who get trashed on a regular basis on this forum. :D

Deep Pal, Zidane05, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  18. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree on Marcelo and Cristiano - Modric never receives criticism because he's a perfect lil' angel.

19. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Modric is obviously not perfect. His weakness obviously is his size but you can't really fault him for that, its like criticizing Ronaldo or Bale for not being as agile as Messi or Luka; their natural disposition simply doesn't allow them to excel in those areas but I'm not even sure you could call it a weakness as much as just not their strengths.

20. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Size matters, everybody knows that, but his point was something else.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    What exactly does his size impair him from besides heading which is completely overrated for a CM?

22. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

23. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    During one of the exercises in the morning workout Sergio Reguilón leapt to try to catch the ball and in doing so, his elbow caught Sergio Ramos in the face - which did not go down well with the captain. Ramos lashed the ball at the youth team player in anger but fortunately, he missed.
    The matter didn't stop there. While the players trudged off to complete another drill, Sergio Ramos was seen wagging his finger at Reguilón then kicked another ball at the young player which this time struck its target. Modric had to intervene and calm Ramos down.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not very captainy

25. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Ramos needs good old traditional ass whooping.