The All-New, All-Celtic Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 17, 2002.

1. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    not all celtic fans are but on the other hand all rangers fans are prodestants, biggots, racists, loyalists, uvf supporters, orangemen etc... yep you heard it here first i said it.

I remember the queen mothers minutes silence when the fans were walking up to the stadium totally unaware that booing was inappropriate at the time ye know. I mean the woman hitler described as one of the most dangerous to him, helped fight the nazis, the 100 yr old frail woman got no respect from them, of course the booing was an accident and I find myself singing ira and uvf songs on the way to the shops, what can i say it happens and its totally appropriate, i get served quicker sometimes as well ;)

show me a bbc video and I'll point out celtic fans laughing inside the motherwell stadium for you.

btw the claudio reyna guy lost his balance, clearly.

face it we both have decent support ruined by a minority as you put it or part time biggots as i think you put it before.

2. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    The queen mother has nothing to do with celtic football club, youre rehashing an old argument, she was so dangerous to the nazi's hidden away in her underground bombshelter while normal folk had to sit 2 feet under their garden in a corrugated iron death trap.
    Who cares she was nothing more than a drain on the tax payer, if you had a 4 million pound debt at ladbrokes you think they would let you off with it??

The reyna guy was hauled down by the guy sitting next to him incase you didnt turn youre blinkers off long enough to see that btw, he was also banned from celtic park and he made a public apology.
    Now did rangers football club take any action to find or even act against the people making monkey noises at bobo balde and didier agathe on our trips to ibrox in the last 2 seasons?
    No they point blank denied it was happening, some even tried to justify it by citing an incident some 20 years ago against a black rangers player.

Id get youre own house in order before you label every celtic supporter terrorists, youre just making youreself look stupid mate.

3. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
  4. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    i am stupit! and i am starting my course at uni, mechanical engineering with aeronautics (entry requirements AAAAB) ;)

both the fans have their sectarian, racist etc... elements in their fans. e.g. latapy, mark walters getting abuse from various fans.

I ask you a question, is it ok to sing IRA/UVF songs?

is it decent to disrupt a minutes silence for anyone, the pope, the queen, the ibrox disaster, davie cooper or anyones minute of silence? wonder how the families feel when they are interupted.

I accept that most of the celtic fans are decent yourself included but our support is ruined by scum.

5. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    No, and anyone caught singing such songs should be booted out of the ground.

disrupting a minutes silence isnt good either,but when the minutes silence isnt justified then I can understand why some people do it.
    I personally didnt disturb the queen mothers although i didnt agree with it, I just sat in my seat and read my programme, as did most others.

6. ads_uk

ads_uk New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    Bearsden
    thank you, I agree with your comments about booting people out.

I feel old firm fans should be booted out for breach of peace (disturbing silences), sectarian songs, fighting, racist remarks and obsessivly insulting players etc...

in my stand, club deck, there are cameras littered all over it, my stand area isnt a problem really as its a family place for the most part. if the old firm said on tickets home AND away that if you are caught doing something unacceptable you will be banned and have your season ticket taken away.

there are many times at ibrox and parkhead when the homefans are outsung by the away fans because the majority aren't prepared to sing the various songs associated with the club.

7. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    FT Celtic 1 - 0 Hibernian

Hartson scored in the 31st.

9. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    So it was true...

BBC
    Now I'm very confused. WTF would they be chanting IRA slogans during a minute's silence for 9-11???

Most of the IRA's funding comes from the US and there are obviously tons of Irish in the States. ************ing idiots!

10. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Cos they were arriving late and still outside the ground unaware of a minutes silence taking place.
    Lazy journalism.

11. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    I wish I knew exactly what happened. I kept hearing it was people already in the stands. And the article from the BBC and the Scotsman neither confirms or denies it.

As you said, lazy journalism. :rolleyes:

That's good to know though.

Completely unrelated but have you seen the movie Ratcatcher? :D

12. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Is that the one with Francie "not such a bad bastard anymore" Brady and Sinead O'connor as the virgin Mary?

13. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Actually no that one is the butcher boy now I think of it.
    Nope I havent seen no catcher of rats
    why?

14. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    :D That was a funny little conversation.

I ask because a friend and I were watching it for a good 5 minutes wondering what country the movie was based in. We were thinking Russia at first or least somewhere in eastern Europe.

Turns out it was in Glasgow, subtitles and all. :)

Is this the lower class that talks so you can't understand anything besides "ma" and "da???" I've never heard anyone in Glasgow talk like this...

Not much to do with football but there is one part where the father is watching an Old Firm game and screaming, "YES, YOU BEAUTY! GOAL! ATTACK!"

15. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Maybe it was set in the russian bit of glasgow? :D
    Or it was really crap accents of the Dick Van Dyke stylee.
    Had a wee look for it and it appears most of the cast is english so more likely the second.
    Ah well im sure they will make a film about russian/weegie gangsters soon, we just have to be patient brian my bhoy.

16. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    :D

Well if they're English, they do a hell of a job of speaking with a thick jibberish accent at warp speed. Keep an eye out for it, I'd like to know if you can even understand them. :)

UEFA Cup
    Celtic vs. Suduva

Let's just pray we can handle the mighty Lithuanians...

17. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    The way we have been playing of late im taking absoloutely nothing for granted, ive not even slagged any of my mates that support the dark half over their result against FC nobody just in case.

18. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Well I have! That night I ran into a few Gers fans and let them hear it. :) But then they reminded me of our last few matches. :(

Sporting Life

19. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    GOAL!

22' Celtic 1 - 0 Suduva

16' Henrik Larsson

20. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    according to news here the score is 5-0 already
    henrik hat-trick, pertov and sutty.

21. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    not even half time yet either.

22. Parkhead_Faithful

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
  23. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Right you are. Hopefully Sky is allowed to show UEFA Cup highlights.

63' Celtic 6 - 0] Suduva
    16' Henrik Larsson
    24' Henrik Larsson
    27' Stilian Petrov
    29' Henrik Larsson
    35' Chris Sutton
    50' Lambert

3 goals in 5 minutes! :)

24. BrianCappellieri

Feb 11, 2002
    Top scorers on the day so far. :D