The all encompassing Iran thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'International News' started by BenReilly, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    amen to that.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/03/16/iran.iraq.us/index.html

Well lets see where this goes. Maybe something good can come from this?

Ok a step in the right direction. Both sides should sit down and talk. Then perhaps they can work something out after those talks to find out a way to establish some sort of diplomatic relations. While I am not at all a fan of Iran's Govt. I am of the mind that two nations talking is always better then two nations trading comments through the media.

3. gayran

gayran Red Card

Mar 16, 2006
    I'll bet you five camels and a goat that Israel will make a smelly pancake out of teheran before you guys do anything naughty. Thank God for Israel. They are willing to do our dirty work.

4. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have little faith in US accepting this offer... the fact that Larijani is sending out the message (he is one of the good guys) should be enough motives for Americans to really consider this... but then again Bush and his "Iran invented Iraq's insurgency" rhetoric doesn't really leave much room for talks... I bet even if the Americans attend this talks, they are gonna come with demands like "stop creating trouble in Iraq" and of course Iranians going to deny this... making the whole thing a waste of time.

now if Americans come up with a good approach like actually asking for Iran's help in peace negotiations between 3 parties in Iraq then Iran's government is faced with a great challenge and they are obliged to accept the offer... who knows they might even send troops like they did in Afghanistan!

5. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    so you admit that your original post was full of rubbish and your only chance is to throw statements irrelevant to the topic being discusses... thanks for playing!;)

6. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wrong AGAIN, as from your post, you can't find anything wrong with friggin Iran, even though it's obvious who is to blame for this mess.

7. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I see, you still have nothing related to say... good try though!

8. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It's funny how you kept saying that Israel did not do anything for Iran, what about helping against Iraq with supplying weapons or was that "forgotten?" What the hell has Iran done for Israel, except to finance, train terrorists? Because of your ayatollahs, Iran has changed its course and has been against Israel ever since, so don't tell me how and what Israel didn't do for Iran and tell me what has Iran done for Israel.

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Israel never did anything for Iran.. if you can't grasp the facts behind any help Iran got against Iraq from anyone (be it Israel, Turkey, US, etc) then it is your own fault... Iraq was more of a threat to Israel than Iran and if Saddam won the war against Iran, Israel was next.. enemy of my enemy is my friend approach was applied there so nobody owes anyone anything as the helps were mutual at it best!

now Iran and Israel has done each other harm, that I agree.. showing that none of them has any interest in other's well being.. you say Hezbollah, I say Savak.. you say Hamas, I say coup of Mossadegh... there is no point having a stupid discussion like that...

you took a shot at showing Israel is the saint and protector of Iranians and I showed you how it was "only" about Israel's interest... now you can continue with your "but this, but that" just know that it doesn't change anything..

I as an Iranian dislike Israel as much as I dislike Palestine they both brought nothing but trouble for Iranians (even when Iran had nothing to do with Hezbolah or Hamas)...

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Apparently, your president defintely dislikes Israel a lot more than Palestinian Territories. Except that everything that is going on right now only hinders Palestinians and their chances of ever having a normal country of their own. But let me ask you this, who was it that really drove a wedge between Israel and Iran, was it not Khomeini, was it not Iranian extreme religious ayatollahs, is it not the current President?
    Who is currently more of a threat to Iran, pan-Arab alliance or Israel?

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is possible that this is all just bluster so that the sides can use it for their own political purposes.

But then again stranger things have happened. It would be nice to see some sort of compromise and perhaps cooperation happen. I am not holding my breath, but really when I look at the whole of the ME, what good does a war between Iran and the US do? What good does a continued war in Iraq or a larger perhaps full scale civil war in Iraq do?

Alot needs to happen, maybe they can start with something small and go from there.

12. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I fail to see what Khomeini has to do with Savak killing someone like Shariati... Israel was a trouble maker in Iran long before Iran started cooperating with Palestinian cause.. it is hard to say when did anti-Israel movement began, I admit religious motives fueled the hatred but saying that Iranians started hating Israel after 1979 is an insult to Iranians’ knowledge of history and foreign influence!

same goes for "death to America" and "death to Britain", there are a lot of ppl who love to hold revolution responsible for such slogans but any rational person can easily find the roots of these hatreds well before Khomeini era.. now if Khomeini helped these feelings getting stronger, that is another issue!

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Are you saying that Savak (even though started by CIA and Mossad) was the cause of Iran-Israel affair?

14. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Israel helped Iran during the war , anyone who denies that is a mullah lover

15. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    no I am saying that Savak is only one of the known ways that Israel showed Iranians how much it cares about them... what happened was more than 20,000 political figures were eliminated by Savak, each of them having a considerable amount of followers... therefore you have all these pissed off ppl that just lost their leader and looking for sides responsible, it turns out that Israel is one of the responsible sides along with CIA and Shah... so the hatred begins! another point in the history is Mossadegh's coup which was supported by Israel, here you go more angry ppl!

I don't think Israel's negative influence was limited to these 2 but just using these examples, should be enough to show where/when the wrong turn Iran-Israel affairs begin but up until now there has been a lot of fuel pumped into the fire (from both sides, like it or not Israel does support anti-Iranian groups.. one could argue if it is a fair tit for tat but that is beside the point) which makes it hard to sole the problem so to me the best way is for Iran to cut any ties with Israel and Palestinians (or any Arab country in general)..

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How do you respond to Kami's comments then?

17. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I don't think Israel supports anti-Iranian groups, they do support anti-current regime, anti-ayatollahs groups. It's like US supporting any anti-communist groups in post WWII Europe.

18. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    I disagree with a lot of his opinions , but I know Israel helped Iran during the war and today and even when the story broke out in Iran all the mullahs denied it , so anyone else who denies it is a mullah lover. Although I hate much of Israel’s policy in the Middle East I respect them for helping Iran , and frankly I trust the state of Israel more then I trust any Arab country , unlike the United States who was arming both the Iraqis and Iranians to weaken both countries , Israel helped Iran hoping that they could have a relationship with Iran in the future but the mullahs backstabbed .

19. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    well I don't really care what he thinks (I have him on ignore list) but he seems to be looking at the action, not the cause! I never denied the action but the cause was different from what the article suggested!

20. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Ok since I am on his ignore list than I will have to say he is a mullah lover , we have a few people like him in our country and outside of our country and he is in that special category , so please don’t take his comments seriously , his views don’t represent the views of majority of Iranians.

21. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What do you think needs to happen now to bring peace between Iran and Israel/US?

22. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    change of government in Iran by the people. The current government might talk with the US but they are never going to talk to Israel.

23. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    guess you found your dream Iranian... congratulations to both of you!

24. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    My dream Iranian is [​IMG]

25. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

too late...it already is a smelly pancake....bin there, seen it,smelled it wiv me own eyes.....