The 2019/20 Pre-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That was an atrocious game. Nothing really to speak of here. The change that needs to take place between now and next weekend needs to be drastic.

Anon., RMSocrates, janos audron and 3 others repped this.
  2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If this team played Liverpool, Barca or Man City it would lose by a 10 goal margin. Completely disorganized, pressing is sub-par, midfielders have zero chemistry.

This isn't the era of Cristiano anymore where sheer force of will and talent can get us over the hump. We need discipline and strategy to beat our opponents. We also need a formation that makes sense. The 5-3-2 experiment has been evidently a failure. We should try the diamond formation again.

Also get rid of Nacho. Replace him with bloody anybody because we can't have both him and Varane being trash simultaneously. It's a recipe for disaster going into next season. I'm afraid to even have him as our 5th choice CB.

Lyra repped this.
  3. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You need to get rid of the coach in order to make drastic changes to get rid of players (or use then more smartly).

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard got destroyed in the post match reviews. He had one positive game (first half vs Salzburg) in the entire preseason.

5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed people keep talking about midfield midfield midfield, while I agree it’s an area that needs urgent attention, players are terrible all over the pitch, confidence in our CB’s is low as individuals although I liked what I saw from Militao, Carvajal?, no idea what’s going on there but mediocre, I hope Hazard is “ready to go” when the season starts, he hasn’t pulled up any trees as yet IMO, I never ever trust Benz, I have no idea what Isco is supposed to be doing, Vin’s decision making is alarmingly bad, no one wants to see Lucas, Marcelo is nonexistent when it comes to defending, from what I saw today every line of this team from attack to keeper has issues, that’s not good, and although i’d dearly love to see them, two midfielders won’t make this team function smoothly, ZZ, somehow, has to get this together and fast

6. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Zidane also keeps picking players that are just done or not good enough. Why is Isco still here , LV , Marcelo , Kroos ? We sound like a broken record but come on ZZ has to see this as well. We aint winning stuff with this line up , especially with a total lack of knowing what to do. It was already a problem when CR was still here . He was so freaking good that we could always rely on a touch of magic from him. We didn't really need a lot of tactic.

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IMO it doesn’t matter who he picks, the structure of the team is lacking, no one seems to know what they are supposed to do in terms of the team, it just looks chaotic, no matter who is on the pitch

Anon., RMSocrates, Bear Crotch and 2 others repped this.
  8. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    ZZ is a mule and frightening of changes, he doesnt know to build, its not new .

Prit Javier repped this.
  9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a lot of work to be done. We're not ready for the season yet. At times in the first half it looked so chaotic, that it didn't remotely looked like a professional team.The reality is that we need Neymar and two midfielders (which is unrealistic). This is also why it's wise to start refreshing the team on time. Let's at least hope that Neymar deal goes through!

Eddie repped this.
  10. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    we need also DC, even if we could give up one MC ..we all saw Nacho even with 4 he is a big hole, doesn't know how to stand ..Militao still doesn't fit to.

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Should have sold Kroos while he had value and just got someone younger and new.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you ask me, Zidane is finding out that there are things that charisma can't fix. The team is tactically horrible and the squad isn't as incredible as it was individually to make up for it.

It's irrelevant who we would have sold and when, because unless we have one of the best squads ever assembled like we did in that historic run, we'd run into trouble.

13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point it feels like we can lose to any organized and patient team, just like last season.

Anon., Digital and Hsain85 repped this.
  14. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Which will happen

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Zidane will go into the first league game with:

Navas, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Carvajal, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Benzema, Hazard, Lucas Vazquez.

He experimented with different options but I think this is still his go to.

xRamos4 and Digital repped this.
  16. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    #3466 temesgen, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Nobody will fear that squad, worse everyone knows that if you aggressively press from the whistle, you'll have a very good chance of beating that lineup.

Digital repped this.
  17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, Courtois is a starter,he made it clear.

If he starts Vasquez then I'd immediately fire him if I was Perez.

18. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    This is exactly what will happen. No doubt.

19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Nonsense, he was good against Bayern, one of the few who did anything against Atleti ( created the first goal in fact ), agendas though.
    Yesterday he was being used as a striker, one that barely got any service because our midfield was overran but who cares about context.

Anon. repped this.
  20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Segurola said he's been "a horror show".

I don't think he had a great pre season at any standard. But then again the entire team sucked throughout the summer.

21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The entire team sucked gave Kroos cover for last season, surely it can get hazard another 60 days to get fit

Edit:

I agree that there isn't anything hazard is showing right now to justify that transfer fee but I'm not worrying yet

Drouchk repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude left last year because, in his own words, we needed big changes in order to win and now he will probably return with an almost identical lineup from that season.

Digital and ElCapitánSR4 repped this.
  23. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Unbelievable isn't it? I think with big changes he meant Hazard, Pogba minus Ceballos, Llorente etc.

Eddie repped this.
  24. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jose on SKY yesterday said every team has to have some basic principles of the game. You can hate him, but he is right. Its pressing for some t eams, its defense structrure for some, controlling the ball for some, or al these things. I watched all pre season matches and honestly i saw none of these things... its unbeliavable, so what the hell the team and coaching staff doing on training ground?

Doni, Digital, RMSocrates and 2 others repped this.
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Segurola doesn’t even know what he’s talking about then, if you look at Hazard did on the field yesterday of course he didn’t play well but context matters, a striker without service is not going to shine, he just isnt, which is why I don’t get the decision by Zidane to play him there, he is our most creative player and we need to take advantage, not stick in no man’s land, even Messi would disappear in such situation as evidenced by his games with Argentina this summer.

I don’t think he had a great pre season either but you have to factor in the fact the team as a whole wasn’t up to snuff and he played as a striker in 3-4 games.

In any case it’s still early days.