The 2017 Playoff Chase

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Aug 28, 2017.

1. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It means there will be enough to address the specific need. If that is actually done, while a majority of other teams use money less effectively, RSL is in better shape. But if the money is used on the wrong position, or a player who doesn't fit, then RSL is one of the teams which will fall behind.

I guess it depends on our confidence in the FO. And while it's higher than it was last year at this time, it's still far from unshakable.

Ivensor repped this.
  2. Ivensor

Ivensor Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'm upbeat about many of the moves the FO has made recently. But I don't have much confidence at all that our FO is better/worse than the average MLS FO. Just really hard to say at this point, I think.

3. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're making the assumption that A) every other team in the league is capable of scouting good players, and B) every other team in the league is capable of signing good players. Yes, some teams will be able to use and exploit the added TAM to improve the overall quality of their team, but just as many teams probably will NOT be able to do so. Just because more money is available does not mean every team will be helped by it.