The 136 situation

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by ToonArmy5, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluetooner

bluetooner Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Carteret NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

In all honesty, something has to be done to cut that out - whether that means "grassing" up those who throw things, or just having a word in their ear - but it isn't just 1 or 2 individuals that get affected by the "bad reputation" that can be gained by throwing things onto the field.

2. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    You are right, I highly doubt it is someone on the boards or who is active with the SOB. But I'm hoping by harping on it, that it will be on people's minds and we can catch the guy or guys that are doing it.

This. All we need is for something to be thrown and have it hit a game-day employee or worse a player, and you can pretty much be assured that the river-end and the freedoms we do have will never be the same, and the person that is doing this could care less. They will just move onto the next thing to be a problem at.

3. ToonArmy5

ToonArmy5 Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Warminster
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    you're probably right...but someone who posts here may sit near the people who throw shit. so if anyone sees it, say something to them about it. i dont mean start shit obviously but it can't continue. If you don't wanna be the one to say something to them thats cool, let me or Jesse know about it then.

4. The Baron

The Baron New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the big deal about throwing things on the field?

(I understand, throwing things at players is bad. And I agree the next time a FC Dallas player pelts a Union Supporter in the face with soccer ball, the action taken should not include a half heated attempt to hit him with a water bottle. What it should include is not the purpose of this post.)

I have seen objects thrown onto the field in other cities. I have most of the MLS Games dvred and if not they are avaible on the internet (maybe not on the sites you go to), if I must make a montage of items being tossed on the pitch, I will do so. As for now, I plan on showering the section in Bimbo Vitamin Enriched goodness. I do not intend for it to land on the field and if you got the TIFO (no clue what the acronym means but what the hey) up / out quicker it would reduce your chances of having Healthy white Deliciousness hitting you in the face or head.

Ps how do change your subscriptions so you do not receive an email every time someone posts something you don't care about.

PPS Ok "the 136 situation" does kind of sound B A.

5. ToonArmy5

ToonArmy5 Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Warminster
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    tifo is an italian word, dunno what it means exactly. go to your control panel on bigsoccer i'm sure you can unsubscribe there.

just because other teams throw shit on the field doesn't mean its okay to do. the front office is not happy about it and wants it stopped. when it happens it falls on the SOBs as a whole. which could bite us in the ass when we go to them with ideas or requests. plus if you really need to throw shit on the field (or at least around in our section), and are willing to make a video montage to back your case up, just to have fun then thats a little odd.

6. daveFC

daveFC Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Audubon New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

plus...how 'bout, cause throwing shit on the field is ********ing stupid and irresponsible. If the ********ing 12 years olds can't control themselves we should take their ********ing juice boxes and cookies away. If they don't like it Tough ********ing shit. Welcome to real world douchbags.
    I can't believe we even have to debate this assinine shit. WTF???

7. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    If you toss shit on the pitch and you are caught you will be tossed from the stadium and will have to hope the team doesn't revoke your season tickets. We have the best seats at the best prices and people are going to protect that and what the elders worked so hard to build.

8. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no "if"

When you are ejected for that reason, your SOB membership is revoked. When your SOB membership is revoked, your River End days are over.

I don't know the impact of the person not being an SOB themselves, being with an SOB or getting tickets from an SOB, but the policy should be your seats = your responsibility. If you bring knuckleheads to the game with you and can't control them or give/sell your tickets to someone who will do this kind of nonsense, then YOU as the SOB and account/ticket holder are responsible, and you're gone. No refund, no appeal, no second chances. This shit is intolerable.

9. bluetooner

bluetooner Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Carteret NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You do realise that the "Other people do it" is the most pathetic excuse for something ever right?

No offense like.

10. bluetooner

bluetooner Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Carteret NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  11. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also, the team knows where the stuff is coming from and won't ignore the problem. The increased sets of eyes on the situation are the fault of the stupid people doing the action and their friends/neighbors not reigning them in.

12. DickyDunn

DickyDunn Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    God forbid I catch someone throwing stuff.

13. ofeydofey

ofeydofey BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that overhead jersey created by SoB's in 136 or was it bought/created/supplied by the FO?

15. mansbro

mansbro Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Hatboro, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FO provided it

16. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thought so, not trying to get pious, but IMO the River End should be DIY, let the FO pass their banners across the other 3/4's of the stadium...

17. larryeverett

larryeverett Member

Jul 1, 2010
    philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. The front office has jerseys and the rest of the stadium to push the bimbo brand. I don't have much sAy as I haven't been able to help with tifo but I support the usual diy approach.

18. ofeydofey

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth

19. bluetooner

bluetooner Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Carteret NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I agree. as long as it isn't something that you don't agree with - what is the problem?

20. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess we just have different views on what an independent supporters group is.... to each his own...

21. ofeydofey

Jan 6, 2010
    Cinnaminson
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I am saying is that no one in our section was making any kind of effort to organize a large banner for our section (myself included) so when one magically appeared two weeks ago, I wasn't going to shit on it until we get one of our very own.

22. RD58

RD58 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just shift it over to 135 when your done with it, we're not too proud for hand me downs, lol.

23. mansbro

mansbro Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Hatboro, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a little torn on it but honestly, the overheads are EXPENSIVE to make. If we have a jersey like that provided by the team to supplement what we do I really don't have an issue with it. I would love for each section to have their own overheads but again, it's about coordination, time to make it, and money.

24. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just tell the FO to build a fence or something. If you try to launch something over a 15 or 20 ft high fence you have to make one hell of an effort, and you'll definitely be caught. I'm only being .5 serious BTW, so don't thrash my suggestion.

It'd be cooool though....

25. daveFC

daveFC Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Audubon New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:D It would probably work. tbh..