Alert: The 126th Derby of the Low Countries

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Blondo, Nov 2, 2016.

1. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    At some point players like Veltman, dost and depay have to do something to justify a spot in the squad, let alone the XI. Surely.

2. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    As long as he'll start with Ajax he'll start with NT

3. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Well was ugly to watch. A Belgium team that played fairly mediocre completely dominated us in my opinion. Really lucky to get a tie out of that.

The only players I felt played good were Van Dijk (always good I think) and Stekelenburg. Other than that it was a whole lot of ugly.

Depay just does nothing every time he gets a chance anymore. He really needs out of Man U and get some playing time and hopefully get back on track.

Dost is useless as far as I'm concerned. Every time he comes on he is invisible and has no pace at all.

Wijnaldum is so hit and miss. Makes a nice play and then will make a dumb play. So frustrating.

Klassen is just so average.

Sneijder is really lacking lately I find. His crosses are hardly ever on target. But then again he doesn't have much to work with.

Lens made a nice move to draw the foul in the box, but other than that was average.

Clasie made some nice defensive reads to intercept passes but then he gets the ball and throws it away.

Veltman had one of the worst performances I've ever seen and if he is an option for Oranje, well then times are worse than I thought. And I know they are bad.

Bruma has been beaten to death around here. The guy is just not in good form. But with the injuries I understand why he was chosen.

And finally, Blind had one of the worst games I have seen from him in a Dutch jersey. Just did nothing right. I'm usually a big fan of Blind but tonight was something else.

Well that just put me in a bad mood watching that. I have been staying pretty positive lately with this team even in tough times. But today was just disheartening

Neeskens78 repped this.
  4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    A poor game. Only Virgil van Dijk can leave the field with some pride. And I guess Kabasele had a not terrible game considering it was his debut and he has only played 120 minutes of club football this season. But otherwise it was rubbish. Well, I guess it was fun that Eden Hazard and Thorgan Hazard finally got to play together for a bit representing their country.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm already getting tired of silly experiments like that.
    We also shouldn't play the three-man defense if our first-choice defenders are out. Doing it with the likes of Kabasele and Ciman is asking for trouble.

6. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good: Van Dijk (first name on the team sheet), Brenet had a good debut, and Janssen worked hard til he was subbed at fifteen minutes.

Bad: Veltman, Depay & Dost in particular, destroy everything they are involved in.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Veltman is just as bad for the NT as he is for Ajax these days. I wonder when Bosz and Blind will finally wake up to this fact.

wilson00 repped this.
  8. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Very sad to see some of our players injured. Veltman keeps reminding me of the bad stretch that BMI used to have, keeps making mistakes. Let's get this over with and takes care of business with Luxembourg. Robben will create havoc, score for us and sub out without injury.

9. Neeskens78

Neeskens78 New Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Only watched the highlights but even those were enough to show that Belgium dominated - they should with the side they have. The stats showed we had no shots on target.

I'm not convinced at all by Janssen. Just seems like a hard worker to me, no flair. I hope he proves me wrong because we need something world class up front and at the moment - unless Robben plays - we have nothing.

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Do you have a link to the stats of the game?

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    After they get fired.

12. Neeskens78

Neeskens78 New Member

Oct 4, 2016
  13. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Not a great game by any stretch but we can paper over the cracks by destroying Luxembourg