That was odd: BushCo now getting advice from Madeline Albright

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Revolt, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I wonder what her lovely parting gift was. Besides the hearty handshake and 'Thanks for playing'.

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
  4. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we do have this photo-op:

[​IMG]

5. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't find the picture of Dubya and Maddie embracing just yet...

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-bush6jan06,1,7032228.story?coll=la-news-a_section

6. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally something funny, courtesy of Dana MilbanK:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/12/27/DI2005122700441.html

7. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought you said there was somethng funny. Now Cheney telling Maddy to go ******** herself, THAT would have been funny...

8. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    I don't think that Maddie can handle

The Full Cheney

[​IMG]

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Obviously, AEG taking away his soccer team has unhinged Revolt. Remind me to send AEG a thank-you card.

Sachin

10. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I was waiting to see how many times he replied to himself.

11. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy Shlong, Batman. We all know Cheney is a swinging dick, but this is ridiculous. I'm calling bs. This has been photoshopped.

12. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quake fans in general have really gone crazy-eight bonkers since then. It's like they lost to the Galaxy every day, the hilarity is just that much...

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So let me get this straight:

When the President makes decisions with only his own advisors around, the idiotarian left, like thie "Revolt" fool, complains that he lives "in a bubble" and doesn't listen to anybody but a small cabal of meanie-puss corporate greedheads. Or something.

But when he invites outsiders in to hear what they have to say, then the same guys whoop and holler about how desperate he is.

Madeline Albright was a joke Secretary of State. The worst in a century. The fact that the President is interested in hearing what she has to say hardly means he is "taking her advice"

Now please, "Revolt", take my advice: do not start any more threads here. You are simply showing off for your ignorant idiotarian pals, and are making a fool of yourself. Stop now or face a ban from this forum.

14. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    I think a case could be made for Warren Christopher and Cyrus Vance as worse than Albright. Especially Cyrus Vance, you might as well have put Joan Baez in there.

15. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I applaud Dubya finally listening to some dissenting opinions. He needs to do a lot more of this. I am also clearly applauding BushCo's pragmatic move to the center.

16. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem you have is the same as that imbecile Harry Ried had when John Roberts was nominated:

Bush called a bunch of guys, Reid included, and asked for their advice. He chose to take some people's advice. Harry was not one of them.

So Harry whines that Bush was not fulfilling his constitutional obligation to come to the Senate for "advice and consent"

It's the same thing when - long after the fact - someone comes forward bravely and says that they TOLD the administration this or that, and it came to pass, thus proving that the President doesn't pay attention.

In actuality of course, real grownups who don't just have a knee-jerk Hate Bush complex undertstand that a President gets all sorts of advice from all sorts of people and then has to make a choice. SOmetimes that choice is your point of view, sometimes it isn't.

And the fact that I have to waste time explaining this to ignorant buffoons who claim to be wise in the ways of the world but in fact have about a sixth grade understanding of executive decision making appalls me.

As for various incometent Sec of State, lets not forget Warren Christopher. Now THERE was a prize.

Next time some leftie moonbat starts in with how we were "allies" with Saddam Hussein when he attacked Iran, tell them 1) it's a complete lie (not that they care) and 2) it was Jimmy Carter, foreign policy genius, who encouraged Iraq to go to war against Iran.

17. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Back in 1979, I would have encouraged everyone to go to attack Iran. In fact, from 1980 to the present, also.

18. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, so would I, but ever since the fist Gulf War, Lefties who love to bandy about hypocrisy charges and post pics of Rummsfield with Hussein seem to forget that we had plenty of reasons to see someone go after the Ayatollah. THey never quite appreciated then seeing a photo of FDR with Stalin as a retort to the DR/SH pic, but that's probably because they all secretly admired Stalin... ;)

19. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    A Must read:
    http://www.reason.com/0405/cr.mw.temporary.shtml

by the way, Albright has some crazy quotes, she said in her memoir that Saddam needed to be removed.

she also recently said:

"The ouster of Saddam has indeed made the world, or at least Iraq, a better place"

Or of course her most famous quote -

60 minutes: We have heard that half a million children have died. I mean, that is more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Albright: I think that is a very hard choice, but the price, we think, the price is worth it.

Alot of anti-Albright stuff is here:
    http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0401b.asp

She also helped President Clinton lie about bombing a medicine factory in the Sudan.
    http://www.internationalspecialreports.com/africa/01/sudan/

turns out they didn't find the WMD's that Clinton said they did......but I never saw Loney or Revolt complain about that.

20. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Hey, aspirin can kill.