Thank You

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Cincy Liverpool fan, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    #1 Cincy Liverpool fan, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    A few years ago I was watching your Derby with Portland, they did a special on your march through the city. My friends and I all coveted what you guys had. 3 years later they announced that cincinnati was starting a team in the usl. We all thought it would be cool to have a usl level supporters march like Seattle (so much smaller). We never expected anything like what we are seeing.
    We're a more conservative area of the country so I think we were all hesitant when this started, I think the goal was to get 5 thousand people to a match and we would view it as a great success. We went to the first game and we had 14 k of us. We thought, "holy shit there are 14 k of us??" A few games later we hit 20 k, same thought. We drew 30 k + to the open cup game against Columbus the other day.

I'm not here to brag, I'm here to say a lot of this is due to the passion Y'all showed. You guys showed the way, we emulated. This is a great sport that can unite people of all colors & creeds and we need more of it in this country. Thank you for showing us the way.

I don't know if we'll ever be in the mls, but I'm not sure if I find our inclusion all that important anymore. We are having a blast and we're not going anywhere. This march Wednesday night at the open cup made me think of y'all

875121782100983808 is not a valid tweet id

Yoshou repped this.
  2. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the love and props to y'all. But please give your owner a loud and clear message that he needs to rethink his plan to hold up the taxpayers. Why is a refurbishment of Nippert not in play? Take a lesson from Portland.

3. Cincy Liverpool fan

Fc Cincinnati
    Jun 16, 2015
    Cincinnati, USA
    Club:
    Cincinnati Kings
    #3 Cincy Liverpool fan, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    Nippert is the home of my alma mater's football team. MLS told us grass or get lost. UC (the original UC established shortly after the American revolution) won't switch to grass. It's one of the oldest stadiums in the country and I really wish we could stay there. It was built by the P&G inc. founder (Gamble) to honor his grandson who died during a game between UC and Miami of Ohio. He then gave the whole stadium to the university. They did make a lot of on the field changes for FCC but grass was the one thing they couldn't do.

As for the new stadium, they're haggling over tax breaks with cincy (Ohio side of the river), not actual tax money. Newport (across the river) offered incentives and the state of Kentucky did as well. Tbh, I really like the Newport location. It's in the bar and entertainment district, it sits right across the river from Great American ballpark with a great view of the cincy skyline.

FC Cincy already raised the 250 million to build the stadium and the addition money to pay the league expansion fees if the mls sees fit to invite us.