Thank you sir, I'll have another--Dumbest Post Thread

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Overachiever, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Too bad chicharito would’ve scored that sitter against Belgium...

2. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. jrinsd19

jrinsd19 Member+

Sep 1, 2005
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So drogba and hazard do all the work while pulisic is crying on the bench?

5. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sounds about right

DankYummy, Blue_Demon and LGRod repped this.
  6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Adrian559, SixKick, TrDm1n3r and 6 others repped this.
  7. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  8. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    MLS fans have been acting up more than usual lately

9. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hat trickS? This isn't a regular occurrence... Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 10.03.09 AM.png

10. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Josef? He wasn’t even Venezuela’s best player last year lmao

11. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Saldgotti1991 repped this.
  12. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    sigh

13. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I fcking hate Alvaro Morales. Mexican are so easy to poke

Miguel Myers repped this.
  14. LAFEFUT

LAFEFUT Member+

Mexico
    Mar 13, 2018
    La figura de "Chicharito" como jugador es sumamente engañosa.Talk about having some massive influence and luck in your career. I know the Chicha lovers are coming out in full swing but the guy is not that good despite going through 2 of the biggest clubs. En seleccion, despite his "numbers" his contributions, when analyzed, are average, if not below.

Jared Borgetti and Cuatemoc Blanco, ,which are are 2nd and 3rd, in terms of most Mexican international goals are much better yet because Chicha "leads in the number of goals, people think he is this amazing player. I always root for el Tri but no se dejen engañar asi de facil..

Jared Borgetti registered 46 international goals. Out of those 46, 23 are in FIFA World Cup qualification and only 9 in "friendlies". Le metio 10 a CONMEBOL and has 7 in the Gold Cup. IMO, his golazo against Italy supersedes all of Chicha's goals.

Chicharo currently has 52 and 27 are in "friendlies". Only 8 are in World Cup qualification (reference the 2014 WC qualifiers and his numbers correlate to the abysmal 2014 WC qualification). He has 7 Gold Cup.

As much as I want and would like the Mexican National Team to succeed, there are much better players. BTW, there is 0 comparison between Vela and CH14. Vela is light years better.

15. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What about World Cup goals?

16. Skadrist

Skadrist Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    El Norte
    I love the hell out of Borgetti but Chicharito is a by far a way better player than Borgetti ever was and not just for playing in top teams in Europe either but internationally too.

Of Borgetti's goals in the WCQ 11 of them were against Dominica, St. Vincent and Belize. So that would leave him with like 13 goals against more competetive CONCACAF competition. So in that respect Borgetti's stats are way more padded than Chicharito.

Especially, when you consider Chicharito has only played one Gold Cup. Sure he has a lot of goals in friendlies but he has scored goals in official games against the likes of Portugal, Italy, Argentina, France and Croatia. Just look up and compare the international goals of each two.

You are falling for the trap that a lot of people fall into that the 98 to 2005 generation of the Mexican National never had any embarrassing moments and had no divas. Which is patently false they lost a friendly to Universidad Catolica de Chile 5 to 1, lost to Canada in the 2000 Gold Cup, and lost to the easiest team the Mexican team has ever played in the World Cup knock outs in the US team. Temoc had some Diva moments too, remember when he asked not to be called up for the 05 Confederations Cup. I still admire him regardless.

17. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I vote for the "ChiCHAriTo oNlY ScoReD in FRienDLies" argument to pass into the mexi-cangrejo wall of shame along with "La peor Alemania de la historia" and the "Moldovia calificaria en la CONCACAF".

It was actually 12 goals scored against Belize, St. Vincent and Dominica. Mexico only had to twice play in the 2nd round before going to the the WCQ semifinal rounds and in those games Mexico won 27-0 with 7 Borgetti getting 7 goals.

18. jrinsd19

jrinsd19 Member+

Sep 1, 2005
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Borghetti, blanco, Jiménez, vela, gio, etc are absolutely more skillful than chicharo, no one is doubting that. The fact that they are more skillful, and couldn’t replicate anything close to what cheech has done (except Raul, I think he might even surpass him) speaks volumes of cheechs talent and work ethic. People praise cheech because of his hard work and his poaching skills which lead him to play on 2 world class teams.

with that being said, I think after his spell in Madrid, he became a bit of a diva and it started his decline.

Skadrist and Sanchito repped this.
  19. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002

People should give this diva thing a rest especially since his 1st Bayer Leverkusen season was the best he had in Europe after Man United.

GrandeSoccer, DGreat, Serg33 and 2 others repped this.
  20. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Javier Is the best scoring forward since Hugo Sánchez and even then he doesn't come to Hugo tally. No one has been able to do what Javier has done to date, Jimenez is on pace to scoring more club goals than him based on his current form but will lack the silverware. Yet we still knock his accolades for club and country, it won't be long before we yearn for a player of his caliber. We're lucky to have Jimenez hit a stride when the previous generation of forwards is starting to dwindle.

21. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    All that said, no need to diminish Jimenez. He's a great forward. Different then Chicharito, but great nonetheless.

jrinsd19, Serg33 and Miguel Myers repped this.
  22. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I’m glad we have had both. We need more abroad now.

23. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just tell the Chicharito haters all the time, I get he isn't as talented as other greats in terms of skills and such, however the skills he has he is great at and that is what separates him from most. They say he is a poacher, ok, so if that is something anyone can do why doesn't most players do that? Look at United, not many have done what he did while he was there, if it was so easy why can't others replicate or do better? Simple as that. Goals talk and he has scored them against top competition in both country and club. Tired of hearing the hate, we should be happy we dont' need just chicharito in El Tri cause others are playing great, but to say he doesn't belong or to compare, come on...

24. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #9274 Miguel Myers, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    Well Chich and Vela are not NT options at this point and the way our midfield depth is, Jona might not be a regular either

the other weird part is that it’s like they want Mexicans to do their heavy work to make them a global brand, when in fact they don’t want to admit their own players can’t do it themselves. Not even their Golden boy has the global force as they think He does at Chelsea.

Romario'sgurl, DGreat and Serg33 repped this.
  25. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    The shitty thing is that the main post is from Cesar another Liga MX eng guy. Like I said since Vela's last season, it's been like a turning point and MLS is getting more coverage and "praise" from mexican reporters, not just the US spazzo media.