News: Thank you, Rafa Benítez

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by el americano, Jun 24, 2019.

1. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rafa Benitez will not re-sign with NUFC. Who could blame him? Here is the club's official statement:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-statement-rafa-benítez

It's a sad day for the club - the kind that will be remembered. Ashley will have to hope that the sale of the club can be completed, so he doesn't have to deal with the aftermath of this. There can't be anybody left who isn't 100% done with that disease. May the club outlive his tenure as soon as possible. :mad:

2. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anthony Hudson? Please Newcastle, don't do it!! We just got rid of him from the Colorado Rapids - there's no way I can see that he would be successful with Newcastle. Yep, I'm an Everton fan, but I sure don't want to see this happen to a quality organization like Newcastle (discussions about present ownership set aside).

And, according to our sources the club will speak to one head coach contender today and that man is Anthony Hudson.

The highly-rated 38-year-old has recently left MLS club Colorado Rapids, before which he was head coach of New Zealand.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclu...act-with-38-year-old-coach-to-replace-benitez

3. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I would take encouragement from the appointment of someone who probably wouldn't be trusted to manage a Premier League club for a year. He could simply be a place holder for whoever the new owners want to appoint.

I don't know how reliable is this particular source, but it's enough to boost his betting odds. Here are the front runners:

Jose Mourinho 6/1
    Mikel Arteta 9/1
    Garry Monk 9/1
    Avram Grant 11/1
    David Moyes 12/1
    Anthony Hudson 12/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/newcastle-utd/next-permanent-manager

4. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    It’s Keane.

Thx,

Jay!

5. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benítez managed his first match for Dalian Yifang FC. Normally I'd lose respect for the money grab, but managing in China could still be better that NUFC at the moment. At least he's not at a competitor.

Meanwhile, we still have no replacement! Is this further evidence of genuine attempted sale? I hope so, because otherwise the start of the season - with a manager nobody else wants - will be rather ugly.

6. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's literally not someone that no one else wanted. Steve Bruce has bailed out on Sheffield Wednesday before starting his first full season with them. Let us hope to god that his win percentage is above the 30% he managed to achieve with the mackems. :sick: