Thank you Army!

Discussion in 'Laclede's Army' started by flamepruf, Aug 20, 2009.

1. flamepruf

flamepruf New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Jackson, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well our season has came to a close. So I thought this deserved it's own thread.

I want to thank all the members of the Army.

KC: Your commentary is priceless (and I do mean that in a good way)

Siberian: Thanks for your work on the banner and flags.

And of course Rok, you should be proud that the Army has matured through its' inaugural season. And I'm confident that we'll continue that into next season. I was already working on new chants on my ride home. lol

There a more that are not on the boards, but my thanks go out to them as well.

I only made one game before the move to AB, but I'm glad my schedule allowed me to make as many as I did after that. I can sit and watch soccer all day on TV but it just doesn't compare to sitting with folks I now consider friends and raising hell.

2. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a mostly fun season, but the people in the Army are great. Each and every one of the Army made this a very special season. The team was wonderful to us (except for the occasional mix up on where we should be sitting). Jorge and the players were just the greatest.

Jorge came up to us after the game last night saying "I'm sorry." I don't think anybody on the team had anything to be sorry about. Sure they didn't play a good 1st half on Wednesday, but that happens to every team (even mighty Los Angeles).

Without Rokagrl, there wouldn't have been a Laclede's Army, just like without Cooper, there wouldn't have been an Athletica. She was our Joan of Arc, leading our little group into battle.

Five of us met for an autograph meet and greet back in January at Creve Coeur Lake, which was I guess the first unofficial meeting of the Army. A week later, in mid-January, we were at the inaugural WPS draft which was pretty exciting. I told Jillian after the match that that was the first time we heard Jillian Loyden's name said as a Saint Louis Athletica player. It was only 7 months ago, but man, it seems like forever now.

The Army got stronger with each new member, each adding something special to our group. We'll be even stronger next year, although one of our members (our green man) will be will the Peace Corp for the next 2 years. Okay Peace Corp doesn't exactly go with Army, but we're weird anyway.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with my griping and moaning for the last 7 months about everything from the 2 venue changes, to the schedule, to the team's play, to the closed practices, to the not signing players to contracts until the last minute, and last but not least, having to lug that damn drum around Toyota Park for an hour after Athletica's victory up there on Memorial Day weekend.

And thanks for flamepruf for adding another (very loud) drum to our arsenal. And to JStats for keeping me awake at 3am on that drive home from Chicago.

I guess I have a promise to keep for next year. Rokagrl has been worried for the whole season that I was going to have a heart attack, so I promised I would come back next March in "game shape."

Thanks to all! WHO ARE WE? S-T-L !!!:D

3. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys did a great job this year, Congratulations. I was a volunteer who worked 4 games and it was great to look over and see you all and your enthusiasm. I'll be volunteering again next season but maybe I could recruit some more loyals to join in with you. Great job!!