TFC vs. Montreal, Sep. 25, 2019 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Leg two of the Canadian Championship final at the friendly confines of BMO Field.

TFC are not in a great spot coming home down 1-0 without an away goal. They also aren't in a terrible spot.

I'd like to say that TFC win this 2-0 in a walk away. In reality, I see Montreal getting one in somehow because they're Montreal and they're always a pain in the neck. So I'm going to call 3-1 TFC with some sort of last minute strangeness for the winning goal in keeping with how this tournament always seems to end.

2. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Three missed penalties in a row fits the criteria of last minute strangeness I think.

Tough game. Laryea and Endoh may have been the best players on the pitch tonight so of course Vanney felt the need to take them off. Give Mullins some playing time. It's not like anything important was at stake. :(

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I'm disappointed we lost. I'm also disappointed that Montreal won. Finally, I'm disappointed that this team can't ever seem to win a freaking penalty shoot out. If they could, we could have a second MLS Cup, a CCL championship, and an additional Voyageurs Cup in the trophy case. Seriously, practice penalties or something!

Yes, Vanney continutes to make odd choices. I don't think he's a bad coach but he isn't a good one, either. A good coach would be able to accomplish more with the resources he has to work with.