TFC vs Montreal, Aug. 24, 2019 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    The Impact come to town.

This game is definitely a must win. We are at home. We need the points. It is against a team we are directly battling against for a playoff spot. It is Montreal.

I think how the team plays in this game will show whether we are going to make the playoffs or not. Come out with passion and effort and I think, in the bigger picture, we are on track. Come out disinterested and flat and the season is effectively over regardless of the game result.

2. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Literally their best weapon is the giant vat of poutine they have delivered to TFC's locker room an hour before the game so that TFC will play with their bellies dragging on the ground.

Surprise with a new coach, yes, but also uncertainty on the team. I'm never sure which side gets the advantage with a new coach.

4. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Impact: one shot on target, one goal
    TFC needed to dominate the game with lots of possession and shots from all over the pitch to get their two goals

Great result but this scoreline should have been more convincing for how well TFC played. And why is Pozuelo not starting? We are saving him for ...?

5. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Yeah, I'm becoming less and less impressed with Vanney. Sometimes it feels like the team is trying to do its best despite his line up decisions instead of because of them.

Happy with the win, though.

6. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    It's not just a questionable decision. We aren't talking about tactics like whether they get the best performance out of a midfield diamond or wide play. That's an item that is debatable. He's literally sitting our most skilled player during the most important game of the season for no apparent reason. We can pick a random fan out of the stands to make the lineup decisions and it wouldn't be that stupid.