TFC PRE SEASON 2019

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by TFCREDMENACE, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Is 2019 already a right off in toronto

1. NO

2. Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    A 5-1 beating by the usl las vegas lights..now today a 1-1 draw against lafc in los angeles..where we get a late own goal to salvage a draw in a game we were never really going to score..
    2019 is really starting to look dim with ccl action just over a week away..we might be eliminated after the game in panama..TFC right now would struggle to beat a crap canpl pub team..letting seba and VV. Will haunt mlse/tfc all season long..

2. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Pre-season is all about giving people minutes and getting the team in shape for the regular season. It's not about results. So the results of these games are not really an indicator of anything.

3. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    But the lack of offence is scary as jozy us the only.legitimate goal scorer on the roster right now..and theses so called bust the mls transfer record fees are not happening at least as if now and might not happen meaning 2019 for tfc based on current roster will be a disaster

4. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'll bet TFC Red Menace predicted the 2017 season to be a disaster when TFC won one of six at the start. Grab a beer and enjoy some Serie A or La Liga. We haven't even started yet.

5. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    To be honest i did say it didnt look too promising..but we had seba jozy and vv to score goals and not its just jozy..
    Cant enjoy serie a boring..laliga never
    Got into either.

6. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Of course you did. Because you clearly over-react to things and fail to see the big picture. Go cheer for whatever team won their pre-season friendlies. Maybe that will excite you.

7. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I think that we can all start to settle down now.

8. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    Teams having good preseasons usually have good seasons and vice versa to those that have bad ones..time will tell.

9. nfitz

nfitz Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Toronto
    I thought it was the other way round .. certainly we did poor in 2017 and the best season in history, and did much better in 2018, and had had the poorest performance ever relative to expectations.

Though I confess, I haven't even seen any results from 2019 pre-season yet.

10. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    Had a win vs colorado and a draw vs galaxy got hammered by usl.las vegas lights and lafc..goals were hard to come by as they will during the season..i could see a 10 or 11 win season for reds based on roster..

11. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    4-0 to a panama club team..and i over reacted lol ..will u admit i was right ad usual

12. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    As usual? It's been one game.

13. TFCREDMENACE

TFCREDMENACE Member

Toronto FC
    Brazil
    Feb 4, 2019
    Ontario
    Early prediction tfc will win between 10 -12 games in 2019..maybe 7 draws tops..

14. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Still predicting doom and gloom TFCREDMENACE?!?!

Just 8 wins away from your prediction of a 10 win season with 32 games to go. Perhaps the season is not a "right off" ?

nfitz repped this.
  15. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    This was such an important game against the Las Vegas Lights. It's still haunting TFC for sure. Those pre-season friendlies are so important, I can't believe they let this one slip away. And who will score goals? We only have 21 goals in 8 games, what a disaster. And that 1-1 draw away against LAFC?!?! Those guys are weak. Disappointing result.

16. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I can't see where this thread serves any further purpose.

Fermé