TFC at New England, Aug. 31, 2019 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    TFC head off to the historically unfriendly confines of Gillette Stadium to face the team that holds the spot above us in the playoff standings. Will we break the Gillette jinx? What improbable and bizarre line up/formation will Vanney experiment with this week? Lots to think about.

Looking ahead, TFC's remaining schedule is:

at New England
    at Cincinnati
    at NYC
    vs. Colorado
    at LAFC
    at Chicago
    vs. Columbus

There are a lot of away games. Usually it takes about 50 points to make the playoffs. That would mean we need to collect 13 points in our last seven games. It may be a little lower if we just want to sneak in to this year's expanded playoffs. Still, looking at that schedule, I see something like: L-W-L-W-L-W-W. That would give us 12 more points for a total of 49. Probably good enough to at least make the playoffs. I'm not optimistic enough to see us doing better than 12 points in our remaining games, however, so I guess it will have to be good enough.

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A draw that definitely feels like a loss with a bad goal at the very end. Ah well, we are still one point ahead of where I thought we'd be.

3. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Two points dropped. Westberg should've saved Bou's shot but with the amount of chances that were created and not finished, he shouldn't deserve the lion's share of the blame.