TFC at Columbus, Aug. 17, 2019 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    TFC head off to Ohio to face the Crew. We are pretty much into must win territory now - not for this game particularly but we can't drop too many more points and still hope to make the playoffs.

The Crew are playing well and are undefeated in five but seem to have half their team on the injury list. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the Crew to know if the injured/questionable players are especially significant but five of them are defenders so they've got to be getting pretty thin at the back.

Here's hoping for three points.

2. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Not a terrible game on the field but a missed chance to gain ground on other playoff border-line teams. If I'm looking for silver linings I suppose a draw on the road is okay(ish).

3. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, I agree. A draw on the road is ok, but TFC has a lot of road games coming up and they are not going to draw their way into a playoff spot.

4. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    As poorly as they have played, if they can beat New England, suddenly we are in the conversation for a home playoff date again given the following game is against Cincinnati. A draw in the following game at Yankee Stadium would be acceptable if we can get six points leading up to that game.