TFC at Atlanta, May 8, 2019 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, May 6, 2019.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    TFC look to continue their winning ways in the southern US with a Wednesday match in Atlanta.

Altidore is questionable for this one. Personally, I hope Vanney keeps him out if there is still a question. One missed game now is better than five more if he is rushed back and gets injured again.

Atlanta is a bit of a question mark. They have not been playing well at all this season but turned in a good performance on the weekend. Hopefully they resume their losing ways for this one.

2. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    We looked very good Sunday night, but our best player for the entire season, Ezekiel Barco, is off to play for Argentine in the U20 WC. His performance Sunday earned him MLS player of the week honors for the second time this season. We'll have to see what adjustments Frank de Boer makes to fill the void.

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Thanks for the update. MLS used to do game previews in advance in which they listed players who were away with injuries, international duty, etc. Lately it seems like they only put those up on game day so there isn't one yet (1 PM on Tuesday) for tomorrow's match to show the information you provided.

4. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    This will be a good test for our team, your squad is playing well and mine is starting to find form. The stadium will be rocking and hopefully we have a wide open match. So far every team coming into the Benz has bunkered to some degree, which has been a successful strategy but it hasn't been pretty to watch. I am on edge because we really need at least one point from this match and Toronto can spoil any A.T.L. party (thinking of last years final match with the Supporters Shield and your MLS points record on the line and you guys spanked us).