TFC 2019 schedule is now released

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Jan 7, 2019.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes, folks, I'm finally back from my self-imposed sabbatical. Have to admit, I stayed out longer than I should have. I apologize for that.

In any event, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and didn't OD on the cheap stuff during New Year's!

Now, the important news: the 2019 Toronto FC sked is now available. I'll try and get a text version of it up soon, but for now, here's the link to find out who TFC will be facing this year:

https://www.torontofc.ca/schedule?year=2019

2. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Welcome back. You may have heard that TFC won a few trophies while you were out.

I had thought that MLS said that they were going to give teams playing in the CCL a schedule break in 2019. But it looks like TFC has a full schedule starting in March yet again. I take it this special consideration only applies to teams from NY or LA as per usual?

3. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Both New York and Toronto have the weekend off after the first leg of the semi-final. Both play the weekend after the second leg but TFC has the favourable schedule with a game on Sunday instead of Saturday. I recall a bunch of whining about the home opener being on Sunday vs Saturday on TFC's Facebook page, I didn't think of it at the time but it follows the CCL - very logical move that if they must play, it gives them an extra day rest. Sunday night as well so a few more hours just for good measure.

No accommodations in the initial schedule for the final, just the semi-final. Hopefully the opposing teams can be accommodating should an MLS team progress that allow a change should it come to that.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    can we either unpin this or change and update the title and details for 2021 season (when available)

nfitz repped this.