Texian Army

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by anderson, Aug 6, 2008.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The old Texian Army thread reached over 400 posts, so it's time for a new one.

The Texian Army site is: www.texianarmy.org.

• The site has regular updates on Texian Army activities and events. You can find basic information about the group and what we do by clicking on the various links below the banner.

• The site has a Chants page, where you can find our current song and chant list. You can also download a PDF of the lyrics. We're working on adding audio links so that you'll soon be able to download MP3s or listen online.

• The site also has a Photo Gallery that we're updating with pictures from home and road games.

The best way to learn about the Texian Army is to come out to one of our events. We encourage everyone interested in supporting the Dynamo for the full 90 minutes of every game to meet us at one of our events and learn about what we do.

• We host a tailgate before every home game in a grassy area, near Gate 1, in the Robertson Stadium parking lot. We typically start the tailgate about three hours before kickoff. You can find more information about tailgates at the Texian Army site, as well as in the tailgates thread in this sub-forum. We welcome all Dynamo supporters to our tailgates.

• We have a chant practice before every game. We start up after the tailgate and practice the main songs and chants that we plan to use during the game. We sing during the game for the entire 90 minutes, so you'll find it easier to learn the songs if you join us for the chant practice before the game. See the Chants page on the Texian Army site for song lyrics and a downloadable PDF.

• We gather at the Mezzanine Lounge, located at US 59 and Greenbriar, for away game viewing parties. The Mezz also hosts the Texian Army post-game party after every home game. The viewing and post-game parties are open to anyone who supports the Dynamo (and is at least 21) and provide an easy way to meet Texian Army members and learn about what we do.

• We have regular banner and flag painting sessions to create the banners and most of the flags that you see us waving for the full 90 minutes. See the Texian Army site for information on any upcoming painting sessions.

The Texian Army site is the best source for current information on the group, but you can also find us on Facebook and MySpace.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The away banner looked great last night.

3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for being there for us.

I believe that the travel banner has made it to at least three road trips so far this year:

New England (SuperLiga):

Colorado (June):

[​IMG]

San Jose (May):

[​IMG]

4. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    and Dallas

5. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Road games.

6. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, I was not thinking. I should have kept the away banner as I will be at the NY game in 2 weeks before going to Houston for the Chicago game. With that said, if you would like, you can send the banner with Yono, and I can bring it back for Chicago (Yono won't be back by then).

7. AeroSquire1836

Feb 13, 2007
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

must spread rep, yadda yadda yadda.

8. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone needing info on tickets for the Chicago and LA Games see the info available on the TA site forums.

9. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I made a new video last night for the Aug 16, 2008 Real Salt Lake game

[youtube]kswKUr2acgE[/youtube]

And pic of the Texian Army from NY game this weekend, Aug 24, 2008

[​IMG]

10. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Texian Army 08-20-2008 - Dynamo vs Chivas USA

[youtube]ifdQC_eUhes[/youtube]

11. DynamoTico

DynamoTico New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Houston
    Hey this is William....I just wanted to say thanks for welcoming us (The Pulse) for the last home game....Also, the video at the end is great with the lil kid playing the timbales...that was awesome...thanks again guys....

12. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    William, thanks for the energy The Pulse has added to the Chivas game. you would never know that we only had 10k in the stadium

Here's the other one I made. I think it was your son in this one.

[youtube]kswKUr2acgE[/youtube]

13. DynamoTico

DynamoTico New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Houston
    Well, he is not my son....he's my friend's son I bring him to the games cause he is a huge Dynamo fan....he loved jumping out there with you guys and even more throwing paper at people's faces...lol

14. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to BigSoccer. See you at the game on Sunday.

15. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Well thanks again to all of you and the Pulse guys. the fun factor went up several notches. After seeing the Chivas footage, I figured we had enough material to do a longer video.

16. DynamoTico

DynamoTico New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Houston
    It was alot of fun...and like I told the guys who play the drums...if for some reason the guys from the Pulse can't make it I will be more than glad to come help you guys....

17. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks for coming over. It's always a blast to hear ya'll. The Pulse certainly has a flare that can't be touched. Hope to see ya'll in the future. :)

18. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think I got him started on that one . . . :)
    Great kid.

19. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    Better not let Paul see that Flare. He gets pissed if you use pyrotechnics in the stadium.

20. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok.. you know what? THERE'S YOUR FLARE

[​IMG]

if you haven't seen it... wow.. Go rent Office Space now.

21. DynamoTico

DynamoTico New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Houston
    Well I dont know who started playing with him but he did have alot of fun....the best part...when he gets home he goes straight to bed....lol....well I hope to see you guys on Sunday so we can send Cuau back to Chicago with a loss....

22. JoshHignos

JoshHignos New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Houston
    having the pulse in the section was awesome. Especially where we did the song where we spelled out dynamo... i could see people in the other sections joining in to that one. Also having those awesome drum breaks where i could rest my voice wasnt bad either

23. DynamoTico

DynamoTico New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Houston
    hey if you guys would like i would be more than glad to teach you the song...its not that hard and yes people do have lots of fun spelling Dynamo out....its also fun to see how many people need to check their shirts to find out how to spell Dynamo out....

24. JoshHignos

JoshHignos New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Houston
    hehe alcohol didn't help my spelling too well there were a couple times i was off

25. DynamoTico

DynamoTico New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Houston
    See its always fun to mix alcohol, spelling, jumping and drumming...lol...