Emerson Hyndman at Atlanta United (on loan from Bournemouth)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dcpohl, Mar 24, 2008.

1. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    except it puts him behind in preparing for season with his club team. I don't know why people (not necessarily you) don't seem to care about that.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  2. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there is a trade off for every player with summer tournaments.

Since this is the YA thread, I guess we are suppose to care more about his club play than whether he can play against Concacaf teams at the international level.

But to be honest, I only follow him because I think he has national team qualities and I am curious to see how he plays against Concacaf teams which would be a nice indication of whether we can expect him to help this cycle.

3. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do. If it were my choice our Euros would not be called in for the GC this summer as a) it's a 2nd rate tournament and b) takes most of them right up until about two weeks prior to their season kicking off, missing almost all of preseason.

I really believe CONCACAF needs to move the GC to a mainly June tournament as that's when most tournaments are held, finishing roughly when the GC kicks off.

4. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    It's that much more silly with the Apertura starting in July.

5. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    What happens if he does well in the GC, and having missed preseason at Bournemouth ends up not figuring into their plans and gets a crappy loan.

I think it would be better for the USMNT if he comes for the June qualies (unlikely) and heads back to Bournemouth to fight for a spot in the side.

If he is going to help us in Russia then he needs regular minutes in a top four league next season.

bsky22 repped this.
  6. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I think Emo should retire from international football to maximize his club career.

superdave, russ, DeCoverley and 6 others repped this.
  7. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nonsense. Club mins don't matter. EMO should retire from club football and just join NT camps.

8. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    [​IMG]

Not funny jerkface

superdave repped this.
  9. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Freidel did it and many US fans didn't question it one bit.

I think Hyndman should politely turn down a GC call up and say that he needs to make sure his career follows the trajectory needed such that he can make a living and help the national team for another decade. His career accomplishments is apparently well below many average 30 yo guys and a guys like Lletget who is in his mid 20s and has nothing more than a fast start in MLS and then average production and an enigmatic Nagbe, also mid 20s+ and no signs of consistent international quality performances.

10. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are silly lol

11. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I questioned it many bits.

12. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, Emo should hold out for a real tournament like Euro 2020.

superdave repped this.
  13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I like how he plays but I think he's more a player for the next cycle. This cycle has gone belly up, having to salvage a bad situation and with a managerial change with a year of games left for the World Cup. Simply put, there's no time to experiment and integrate the Yanks Abroad flavors of the month.

Bruce has one mission: get us to Russia. After that, the deluge.

deuteronomy repped this.
  14. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actual words from a person with a vested interest in Emo and his development who is also a professional manager?

Ask yourself- how does this help the conversation?

16. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sounds as though EH requires a little more seasoning, but a return is not out of the question. His position, while vacated by Wilshire, is not empty. So, coming back and riding pine looks like a reality. He should do another loan at a better club and keep developing. Preferably a club that plays some more cultured football. Sry.

jnielsen repped this.
  17. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #3342 The Irish Rover, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Calm, rational, balanced, dispassionate, mature analysis.

Obvious threadjacking & grounds for reporting you to the moderators . . . :D

18. TMBMiles

TMBMiles Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Mar 31, 2017
    I remember being disappointed when he parted ways with Fulham. Awesome to see that it seems to have worked out much to his benefit. Hopefully he gets some time next year at Bournemouth or goes on loan to a better club than the Rangers, but even if he's stuck on the bench I can think of worse things for his development than training every day with a mid level premier league club.

wixson7 repped this.
  19. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Emerson Hyndman not for sale, according to Bournemouth manager
    Scotland not in the cards for Hyndman in 2017-18.

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...urnemouth-transfer-news-rumors-rangers-celtic

“We look to bring in young and talented players and develop them and make them better. That is a long-term process.

“We are delighted with the progress. It's great to see Emerson doing so well on loan with Rangers."

- Eddie Howe

Emerson himself seems to he happy with the way things are going in the Scottish Premier League.

“I am pleased that I started quite well. Every time you come to a new club with new team-mates you want to get used to them and feel at home and I’ve done that quite quickly.

“I had confidence coming into the club but you want to see that confidence turn into results and individually you want to do well."

- Emerson Hyndman; Daily Record

20. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Not in the 18 today.

21. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His Rangers career may be over.....he has a foot injury and may be out the rest of the season according to Pedro.

22. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  23. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more . ..

Emerson Hyndman injured, out for remainder of Rangers’ season

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...30/emerson-hyndman-injury-update-news-rangers

Here’s what Caixinha told the club’s official website.

“I was just speaking with the doctor before but he could not train with us for the whole week, so we just need to have the final result from one analysis that he did.

“But supposedly he cannot play now and he cannot play more until the end of the season.”

The 21-year-old midfielder from Texas and U.S. International midfielder enjoyed a successful loan spell at Rangers that started in the January transfer window. With his season likely over, he’ll head back to the south coast of England and rejoin the Cherries.

Tom Collingsworth, wixson7 and Winoman repped this.
  24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    after 100 caps