Tevez photographed spitting in Parreira's water bottle?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by DerMongerer, Jun 9, 2005.

1. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    My Carioca friend just called me at 11:00pm EST with this rather shocking accusation, and I've heard it's supposedly big news in Brazil right now. If this is false then would a mod please delete this thread and give me a red card. I was told Tevez and certain Argentine players were photographed spitting in C.A.P's water bottle. I'd like to hope this is unsubstantiated.

2. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    if this is true then there will be a link probably in globo or lance or uol....any of those

3. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    seems kinda. . . childish. i doubt this story is true.

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There was an article in UOL - basically an Argentine comedy show claimed it was the same bottle after Parreira took up the journalist's offer to drink water at the press conference ahead of the game.

I doubt it's true, just them taking advantage of it for a joke.

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If that happened and was photographed, the pictures would be all over the tabloids and in the internet. I haven't seen anything yet. If it's a joke it is a bad one, because Argentina went out of their way this time to give the Brazilians a classy welcome and put all the controversies behind them. There were lots of anti-racist messages at the stadium and everywhere, and really by all accounts the Brazilians were treated very well.

(They got a classy welcome except on the field, of course :D)

6. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Of course it's a joke, but the smart Cafu refused to drink from the same bottle. ;)

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You'd think he did drink from it, considering the first goal. :D

8. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Maybe you're right. :)

9. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    i think back in that first goal and i still wonder what was Cafu doing, i have never seen that type of mistake from him before ever in the Green and Gold shirt

10. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    You're right.

p.s.

...I'm not Dr. Pangloss, but one year from now he'll be one year older.

11. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Joke or not, Tevez DID spit in a gallon of water that was said to be sent to Brazilian players. Its on video and WITH audio. Later the same Humorist/Reporter handed Parreira the water and Parreira drank it. Later they said they swaped the water but still its a disgusting act from the Argentine humorist and Tevez and shows the bitterness they have that they do not even rule soccer in their continent.

12. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Você tocou um nervo. Onde o limite quando não há? This fact disturbs me since I've known about it. He's being no more than one more since he arrived. How is it hurting him?