Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by aaron90025, Oct 28, 2004.

1. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    oh no! not rennes. it's better if Manutd buy him rather than Chelsea.

2. FWS93

FWS93 Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Queens, New York
    please let some spanish side swoop in and sign him, i hate Chelski, and i hate Man u Even more + i think tevez would fit better in spain.

would love him at Arsenal but they dont have the cash

3. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What about the AC Milan track? The rumor out there was that they would be looking for Tevez if they couldn't get Ronaldo. Now the news is that the Ronaldo deal has failed.

Carlitos would be much better off in Milan than at Chelski, and not only on the football side.

4. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    Tevez would be my dream signing at Arsenal, but I don't think it's ever been a realistic option. I'd love Mascherano too, and that seems a little more realistic, given recent rumours, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet. They'd probably just be dashed anyways. :p

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Agreed. It would be a catastrophe if he goes to Chelsea.

6. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    I hope he goes to Italy

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From a football perspective, I think Tevez has the game to be succesful in England. But on a personal level, I'm not so sure. I don't claim to know about Tevez personally, but he does seem like a simple guy. In general it is easier for Argentines to adapt to a latin country, like Spain or Italy, than to an anglo-saxon or germanic country. The culture is more similar, and the way of thinking.

But who knows? Wherever he goes, I hope he can maximize his talent, because he is a wonder to watch.

8. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    if he goes to chelsea (n its still an 'if') i sincerely hope they dont loan him out to rennes.

the french league is beneath his standard n i dont see the point in him adapting to one culture n language n then immediately having to start all over again in england.

besides, chelsea need him right now.

they only have two strikers, drogba n shevchenko, n these two dont compliment each other.

tevez n shevchenko would be an awesome partnership n tevez would also learn a lot from playing alongside such a master.

it all depends on mourinho playing him week-in week-out.

w mourinho, if u play well, u keep yr place, if u dont, ur out, its v straightforward n he doesnt tend to show any favouritism.

i think this will suit tevez.

on a psychological level, he couldnt have a better manager.

mourinho instils his players w a winning edge, gives them supreme confidence n belief in themselves, commodities which tevez isnt short of already.

mourinho is a winner.

so much of top-level football comes down to the mental side of things.

the top players at the top clubs are all so well-matched that the outcome of games tends to come down to who is better equipped mentally.

this could benefit argentina.

also, he will immediately become the number one idol of the chelsea fans, who love a flair player such as tevez (think zola n mutu), particularly if he has a big heart n big balls n a bit of a rough edge :cool:

on the downside, mourinho is a conservative coach who doesnt like his players to take risks, he believes possession is nine tenths of the law.

players like joe cole and deco (at porto) have thrived under his tutelage n become world class players, learning to serve the team rather than themselves, but i think players such as robben n duff have been hampered by the fact he doesnt give them carte blanche to express themselves.

the bottom line, everything comes down to the team w mourinho, individual expression is not a concept he entertains.

its good management but its slightly at odds with the argentine tradition.

the argentine who has thrived in england in recent times is heinze.

this was predictable because he is a warrior, and in that regard tevez will have no trouble adapting, the english league is a very tough one, players like veron who want to float around n play pretty football n not get their hands dirty r going to struggle.

i predict, on the football side of things, tevez will adapt.

culturally however it will be a big shock, as crespo found out.

9. Syd Barret

Syd Barret Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Buenos Aires
  10. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    reports in england are now saying its a race btween man utd, bayern munich, n milano :confused:

personally, i cant wait til the speculation ends on this one.

its one of the longest running transfer sagas in history :cool:

let's just hope he finds the right club.

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Personally I hope Milan win this particular race. :D

12. Rotterdam

Rotterdam New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Rotterdam
    Stade Rennes :confused: Increible.
    Chelsea what will buy him and loan him out to the French club. In this moment there is one good team in France and that is Lyon. The sleeping Giants there, like Marseille and PSG are struggling for many years. But Stade Rennes. With all respect, there are better teams for a player with the qualities that Tevez have.

With this situation in Brazil at Corinthians, he can't play for the National Team? Read something that the Fifa can give players suspencion, when they don't come to their clubteam, and only show up for games with the N.T.

The transfer market will close in a few days. Hope for him that he can find a good team here in Europe.

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
  14. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] La batalla por Tevez es cada vez más grande

Lejos de ser sólo un conflicto personal, la ausencia del jugador en Corinthians revela una disputa aguda entre el club y su grupo gerenciador.

Link To Original Article

15. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ
    Personally, I SOOO hope not.

16. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course you don't, you support Inter. ;)

Great result for Inter against Roma yesterday, especially after being 3-0 down. :eek:

17. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Can't wait for Tevez to leave Brazil.

Being a player of his type and in a country that you know it is very hard to convince fans for the reason you're argentinean in Brazil, and he already proved to everyone that he is/was capable of playing there and not only playing good but leading Corinthians to the title.I wouldn't take Leao's shyt either,he can go fruck himself.

As for that I hope Corinthians do loose the category and Tevez departs to Europe or even comes back to Argentina.He already left his mark there.

Just hope Mascherano also leaves.

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    There are some rumors saying that Arsenal want to make a bid for Mascherano. I think he'd do well with any team in the EPL.

19. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    All this makes me sad. To be rivals with Brazil for historical reasons blah blah is one thing, but I can honestly see faults on both sides and it bugs me for brazilians to be able to throw this crap in our face, because let's face it, Tevez isn't exactly acting professionaly- tienen un poco de razon.

Grr

btw I would LOVE for Mascherano to leave. It can only be good for him.

20. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
  21. shaf-argentina

shaf-argentina New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Auckland, NZ

damn right, and what about Crespo? back where the man belongs. :D Its a shame MSI declared Tevez untrasferable when Inter enquired, and he is now becoming available after we have bought Ibra

22. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    just read on skysports that lyon have jumped in the race for tevez.

when does the transfer window close? is it the end of this week?

23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At midnight on Thursday 31st August 2006.