Tell us what that Champions League looks like - OTT 40 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by ewibe, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Burnley ties it up 2 each 25 mins.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nicely worked off the set piece for Burnley. Game on.

3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well this Burnley, the way they're playing right now, might be able to stifle City. They just need to not concede 2 before starting to defend this way.

4. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea's draw today keeps Man United within striking distance of fourth, which hopefully will motivate them to play better against City than they did against Everton.

5. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That goes for everyone who plays City. They score so many goals in the first 5 minutes that there is no chance for the pressure to build.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  6. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well done to Burnley. not pretty but wtf do they care? just do the same vs City, OK?

7. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    when pundits are talking about us and Citeh (esp us of course) all they blather on about is "who will lose their nerve? who will bottle it? who will blink first? who can't handle the pressure?" and all that crap.

meanwhile the 4 teams fighting for the last 2 CL places are ALL bottling it - at the same time! bloody laughable if it wasn't so interesting.

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will go to the last day as well.

9. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #134 Buffonfan, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    The news says that if City win their last 4 games, they going unbeaten winning straight all 14 games in the league. 18 games winning (if count their Cup matches).

But they says 14 games win since they last lost in Jan, that is an impressive run.

Because no one in the history of premier league won 14 games straight before. The closest was 11 games by United in Fergie time, and Arsenal 13 games (I think, not sure this one, so need check the stats).

So on the bright side to this is City is trying to do something that is RARE. Because no one in ELP ever win 14 games straight in a row before, if City can do it, they be the first one.

So my hope are, they going for something rare. They might not get it.
    I still think they going to draw one of their next 4 games, unless they get over their nervousness and start firing again. Aguero look dead tire, but against Old Trafford, I think he will forget all about tireness, he loves to fight at OT.

I give that entitlement down-tools United team all their pouring in effort, and I'm afraid, they still come short against team with the depth like City.

Leicaster who burn them before in Dec, hopefully they get something.

10. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs beat City in CL so they're on a run of... 3 wins, as far as I can tell.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  11. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #136 Buffonfan, Apr 22, 2019
    well yes, but those news don't count the champions league game. They just counting the premier league domestic games, and it 10 winning straight for City since they lost to Newcastle in Jan. So add 4 of their remaining games left, it will be 14 wins straight in EPL (something that those news says the #14 never been done before).

And if count they win the domestic Carabao cups games, and their running wins of FA Cup. They are at 18 unbeaten straight already, it domestic ofcourse. Those news NOT counting CL which it European wise.

I look back all of City previous games. In fact if you just type in Man City in Google, and you will get Google give you a whole list of all their matches.
    And true, they won ALL their domestic games since Jan 2019 this year (since that last lost to Newcastle, that was the last domestic games they lost).

The game that they lost was the Champions league first legs 1-0 to Spurs, but news don't count those because CL it count as European wise, not domestic.

12. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #137 Buffonfan, Apr 22, 2019
    And I know Liverpool fans over there in Red White Kop. (I just read there only. Since they disable new members signing up since like long time ago).
    Alot said since Liverpool get 97 points this season (if they win their remaining 3 games). They so confident Liverpool will get another 97 pts or more next season and win, since they said this team has not peak yet.

I respectfully disagree on it will be easy next season, due to the VAR stepping in. The whole offside thing will be review by VAR. I don't think any team City or Liverpool, will get any easier next season.
    ALL those offside goals of City and Liverpool this season would be rule out next season.

I dunno, I just think THIS year, it has to be this year that Liverpool need to capitalize their trophy, get it!!!

I hope Liverpool get it. As I already sigh next season with VAR steping in. I'm all for VAR, it just lucky goals of offside that the ref might let through, next season VAR won't let through.

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    After Chelsea's draw today:
    3 Tottenham 34 29 67
    4 Chelsea 35 21 67
    5 Arsenal 34 25 66
    6 Man Utd 34 15 64

Manu aren't out of the CL running. the average points for opposition teams they each face:

Spurs - 41.75 points. Plus CL to worry about
    Chelsea - 53.7 points Plus EL to worry about
    Arse - 42 points but they are crap away from home and 3 of their last 4 are away. Plus EL to worry about
    Manu - 35 points if you exclude City.

MU's last 2 games (Hudd and Cardiff) are 6 points for sure so give them 60 plus what they get out of City and Chelsea. OK they stank yesterday but not sure why everyone writing them off completely. they deffo have something to fight for.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  14. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better start against City just to be safe...

15. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Amazing that all four of the "other" top six dropped points this weekend - with Chel$ki actually the only team to get a point...One point from those four teams...unbelievable...

I hate rooting for ManUnited:confused:...so I'm hoping for a draw between the two teams in Manchester...

16. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Right - but of the games they won, they are on an un-beaten streak and have not lost a single one of those games...:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

augie repped this.
  17. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  18. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There only 4 clubs fans that support City retain the title (not counting City fans themselves, which ofcourse they want City to win).
    But the highest percentage of fans that wants City to win, after City fans ofcourse. Is Everton fans. Boy, Everton fans just don't like Liverpool do they. There has to be a history somewhere.

If Liverpool won't win this year (I still believe they will), I will blame it on Everton and that bright green color goal keeper Pitchfork whom catch like every da-mn ball, which lead to a 0-0 draw last time, and that match was the match that officially where Liverpool drop ONE point behind City.

usscouse repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a little bit of history.

augie repped this.
  20. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Best (understated) comment of the thread.

augie repped this.
  21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm all in behind Citeh to win a well earned draw. To hell with United.

CB-West and Wingtips1 repped this.
  22. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's almost like someone doesn't have the unlimited knowledge of the internet at her fingertips before she posts...:rolleyes:

23. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How we end up with Trump as president and Brexit summed up in one tweet.

usscouse and newterp repped this.
  24. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious...how much did the Obama presidency benefit you, specifically?

25. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean besides rebuilding the economy from the wreckage of the previous republican administration and assuring those with pre-existing conditions can get health care?

Crooked, EruditeHobo and SamScouse repped this.